Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I am not a glock hater as I have a few of them, my friend and I went to the range yesterday he had just bought a glock 43x, after shooting my P365 side by side, he took the 43X up to the gun sales counter and sold it for a huge loss and bought a new Sig. Anyone who really shoots these guns will tell you the sig trigger just makes the sig gun much easier to hit with. Now I have a G17 that I can shoot better but its had a lot of stuff done to the trigger, springs, connector etc. Let's face it in a small gun like the 43X a 5 pound trigger that breaks and then slams into the frame is likely going to throw your shot off,especially if your not an expert shot anyway. It is work to make a good shot with a small glock, I had a 43 and shot two classes with it however what was hard with the 43 is easy with a p365. I am however going to look at the new gen5 34 again not a hater just a practical common sense realist.

Interesting. Rest assured, I will try them both.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am not a glock hater as I have a few of them, my friend and I went to the range yesterday he had just bought a glock 43x, after shooting my P365 side by side, he took the 43X up to the gun sales counter and sold it for a huge loss and bought a new Sig. Anyone who really shoots these guns will tell you the sig trigger just makes the sig gun much easier to hit with. Now I have a G17 that I can shoot better but its had a lot of stuff done to the trigger, springs, connector etc. Let's face it in a small gun like the 43X a 5 pound trigger that breaks and then slams into the frame is likely going to throw your shot off,especially if your not an expert shot anyway. It is work to make a good shot with a small glock, I had a 43 and shot two classes with it however what was hard with the 43 is easy with a p365. I am however going to look at the new gen5 34 again not a hater just a practical common sense realist.

I haven't shot a G43 yet so with that disclosure, I really like the Sig P365. Was shooting my recently purchased 365 standard and a rented 365XL side by side and both are extremely shootable and point quickly and naturally. That latter is a huge criterion for me in a defensive pistol. Firing 50 rounds (25 each, 5 at a time) by picking them up and firing just as soon as I see the front sight on target creates a nice 2" raggedy hole with both, centered just slightly low and right. The right part I fixed by drifting the rear sight on the 365, most pistols out of the box shoot right for this left hander. The low part I figure can be adjusted by going to a heavier bullet than the 115 grain ammo I was using.

On the G34 part of your post, I also bought a Sig P320 XFull when I bought the 365 but it doesn't point as naturally. I rented a G34 and shot those two side by side with the same drill, pick it up and fire just as soon as the front sight is on target. The P320 printed low and right with scattered shots including a few out of the bullseye, maybe a 5-6" group total. The G34 printed a nice 2-3" group right above the 10 ring. The P320 shoots much softer for me, it's like a Beretta 92 in that regard, where the G34 is not as comfortable not only to shoot but just "in the hand". But as you note being a common sense realist, results is results and the G34 points much better for me. In deliberate slow fire both are very accurate and can produce nice tight groups off hand.

Handled a standard P320 Carry that has the original grip and curved trigger and it points much more naturally than the X version so I have a new grip and curved trigger being delivered this week. Will put those on the X version and see if that helps. If not then a G34 G5 will very probably be coming into the household.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

I haven't shot a G43 yet so with that disclosure, I really like the Sig P365. Was shooting my recently purchased 365 standard and a rented 365XL side by side and both are extremely shootable and point quickly and naturally. That latter is a huge criterion for me in a defensive pistol. Firing 50 rounds (25 each, 5 at a time) by picking them up and firing just as soon as I see the front sight on target creates a nice 2" raggedy hole with both, centered just slightly low and right. The right part I fixed by drifting the rear sight on the 365, most pistols out of the box shoot right for this left hander. The low part I figure can be adjusted by going to a heavier bullet than the 115 grain ammo I was using.

On the G34 part of your post, I also bought a Sig P320 XFull when I bought the 365 but it doesn't point as naturally. I rented a G34 and shot those two side by side with the same drill, pick it up and fire just as soon as the front sight is on target. The P320 printed low and right with scattered shots including a few out of the bullseye, maybe a 5-6" group total. The G34 printed a nice 2-3" group right above the 10 ring. The P320 shoots much softer for me, it's like a Beretta 92 in that regard, where the G34 is not as comfortable not only to shoot but just "in the hand". But as you note being a common sense realist, results is results and the G34 points much better for me. In deliberate slow fire both are very accurate and can produce nice tight groups off hand.

Handled a standard P320 Carry that has the original grip and curved trigger and it points much more naturally than the X version so I have a new grip and curved trigger being delivered this week. Will put those on the X version and see if that helps. If not then a G34 G5 will very probably be coming into the household.

Jim, I'm assuming you rented the 365xl at one of two places. Did they have the 43x or the 48 on hand to rent? I'd like to do a side-by-side.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was Independence in Meridian and they are showing a Glock 43 available but not a 48. If you scroll down the rentals page and hover the cursor over Handgun Rentals a list of their available pistols comes up.

https://www.iishooting.com/rentals

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, Jim.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
All the innovation is good, but in the subcompact category, I'd rather just take a G26.

The short butt easy to conceal. You can simply stuff a 15rd G19 magazine in it if situation dictates.

This is true. It would be hard abandoning my 26 for the 43X I have on order. We'll see, though.

That 43X with 15+1 will make a nice carry.

Lots of good choices out there now.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My mags came in today. Ordered three, with a mag release. Went to the range for a quick 150 rounds. No malfunctions. First 120 rounds were S&B ball in 115 grains, and the last 30 was 147 grain Gold Dots G2 standard pressure. The gold dots I shot as fast as I could as I probably would in a real life situation. Mags just chewed right through the rounds. Mags did not fit flush in my G48 but didn't extend any farther than Glock OEM mags.

I previously installed a Tyrant Arms mag release so I didn't use Shields. Of the two mags I unwrapped and used both would eject empty, and only one would eject fully loaded. Not a big deal to me. Saw a bit of wear on the mag release as it looked like the coating of paint was scrapped away. A loader is needed after 12 rounds. Last three are a real bear to load. I shot the gun as I would carry it, 16 rounds first, and a 15 round reload.

I will purchase three more when in stock. Would love to see what they could do with a G19 mag.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
My mags came in today. Ordered three, with a mag release. Went to the range for a quick 150 rounds. No malfunctions. First 120 rounds were S&B ball in 115 grains, and the last 30 was 147 grain Gold Dots G2 standard pressure. The gold dots I shot as fast as I could as I probably would in a real life situation. Mags just chewed right through the rounds. Mags did not fit flush in my G48 but didn't extend any farther than Glock OEM mags.

I previously installed a Tyrant Arms mag release so I didn't use Shields. Of the two mags I unwrapped and used both would eject empty, and only one would eject fully loaded. Not a big deal to me. Saw a bit of wear on the mag release as it looked like the coating of paint was scrapped away. A loader is needed after 12 rounds. Last three are a real bear to load. I shot the gun as I would carry it, 16 rounds first, and a 15 round reload.

I will purchase three more when in stock. Would love to see what they could do with a G19 mag.

Glad to hear it. Keep us informed on them.

As to the G19 mag, there's no way to increase the capacity (and still keep them flush fitting) because they are already fully double stack.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
673 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 77 invisible), 2,749 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,029
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.