Print Thread
Hop To
T
tmitch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Was at the Cabels in Dundee MI and came across "user grade" M70Fwt .308 in a McMillan swirly stock for $799 IIRC. It does not show on their website. Metal was pretty decent with a couple scratches by the rear sight. Probably a good price considering the stock. Would make a great .358 rebore.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Pretty good deal if its a McMillan in good condition

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
tmitch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Forgot to add, Pre-64 M70. The stock looked in great condition, it's a black/green combo. It has a junk scope (Tasco?) mounted.

Charter Member

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tmitch
Forgot to add, Pre-64 M70. The stock looked in great condition, it's a black/green combo. It has a junk scope (Tasco?) mounted.

You have more restraint than I do. I couldn’t have left that rifle in that horrible store ... scared, hungry, and lonely. 😔

T
tmitch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I already have enough "user" rifles (including 4 pre-64 M70s) that don't get hunted. I've finally realised I can't own them all, I don't have enough hunting seasons left to use the ones in my safes now. I also left a Winchester 9422 Legacy and a LH Brown Precision .25-06 that sparked my interest too. I do feel bad leaving nice guns on their racks, there's a lot of Amish folk that frequent that store and they're not gentle when they pull a gun off the rack to look it over. Makes me cringe.

Charter Member

szihn

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

You have more restraint than I do. I couldn’t have left that rifle in that horrible store ... scared, hungry, and lonely. 😔

That’s funny right there. smile

Glad I’m not the only one who is compelled to save these rifles. Probably was starting to show flu-like symptoms already with that Tasco bolted to it.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TomM1

Glad I’m not the only one who is compelled to save these rifles. Probably was starting to show flu-like symptoms already with that Tasco bolted to it.

Yeah, the gunshop owner probably talked up that Tasco though. I went into a gunshop the other day and there was a nice rifle there, but it had a real chitty scope on it. I think NCStar or something. The shop owner went on and on about how the scope was worth $300.00. I asked him if he would take the scope off and reduce the price by $300.00, then it was a "Hell NO" response. Then I said, I didn't think so, good luck with the sale man....

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Yeah, the gunshop owner probably talked up that Tasco though. I went into a gunshop the other day and there was a nice rifle there, but it had a real chitty scope on it. I think NCStar or something. The shop owner went on and on about how the scope was worth $300.00. I asked him if he would take the scope off and reduce the price by $300.00, then it was a "Hell NO" response. Then I said, I didn't think so, good luck with the sale man....

These soldiers at Ft Carson were at the range, shooting their ar and they just came from the gunshow with one of them scopes. Mounted it on the AR started shooting couldn't hit chit. The ph ucked with it, finally on paper. Then it came to the end when the glass fell out of it lol.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

These soldiers at Ft Carson were at the range, shooting their ar and they just came from the gunshow with one of them scopes. Mounted it on the AR started shooting couldn't hit chit. The ph ucked with it, finally on paper. Then it came to the end when the glass fell out of it lol.

Ha ha...

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
702 members (12344mag, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 3,129 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,744
Posts18,401,246
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.