Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I seen this rifle today while crusing the internet . Price was around 800. Has anyone laid hands on this rifle or shot one? Curious how it would be seeing how most cost over 1k.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
No I have not touched one yet.....But I will add a comment or two. According to their site, Bergara is expanding their cartridge choices to now include the 6.5 PRC, 300 PRC as well as the 28 Nosler.....#5 barrel contour on the Ridge so it should be a good shooter from the bench....Good looking rifle.

Bergara Premier line of rifles also look very nice.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a Ridge in 300 WM and it is a shooter. Preferred load is 4831 and 190gr Berger that shoots 0.3" for 5 shots. Also have a 270 Win that shoots well under MOA. They're great out of the box...very smooth actions and triggers with very little creep and a touch of overteavel. They take Remington 700 triggers and stocks so lots of options too. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. The new models in their 2020 catalog look interesting too.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have no experience with the Bergara Ridge model, but I have a B-14 Hunter 30-06 which shoots great. In my limited experience their products are excellent. The action is a Remington 700 clone, and improved.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Has Bergara started making a stainless model of anything under $1000?

Bb

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Has Bergara started making a stainless model of anything under $1000?

Bb
.........................Nope. Not yet...........I have been doing alot of research on the Bergara rifles from their site and you tube 'n it as well,,,their B14 and Premier lines, barrel making process, actions and etc. I have to say that these rifles for the $$$ are quite impressive imo.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Talked to bergara at SCI for a little bit.

The premier line is the only stainless option. The premier has a free floated bold face.

I was also told that the premier line isn’t assembled by just 1 person, which is what I thought I saw online, rather will be fitted/assembled by three people.

I have a premier approach that Whittaker’s had on sale on the way and am looking forward to getting my hands on it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by robertham1

The premier line is the only stainless option. The premier has a free floated bold face.

I was also told that the premier line isn’t assembled by just 1 person, which is what I thought I saw online, rather will be fitted/assembled by three people.

I have a premier approach that Whittaker’s had on sale on the way and am looking forward to getting my hands on it.

...........................Let us know if you get the test target fired by your particular rifle that they say comes with all Bergara Premier rifles.......

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

...........................Let us know if you get the test target fired by your particular rifle that they say comes with all Bergara Premier rifles.......

Will do. Should have my hands on it this Thursday

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Here’s the test target and info that came with the rifle

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by robertham1; 02/11/20.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Here’s the test target and info that came with the rifle

....................................That group size is OUTSTANDING...A .127" er?...... WOW!.......You get the 6.5 Creed or the 6.5 PRC?.............

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I don’t put too much faith in factory test targets... but one can only hope it’s not too much of an exaggeration.

6.5 creedmoor

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don’t put too much faith in factory test targets... but one can only hope it’s not too much of an exaggeration.

6.5 creedmoor
..................Well if that target matches what was fired from your rifle, then any faith I would say,,, is off to an excellent start.....It either is a 3 shot grouping from your rifle or it is not......If so, then imo it is no exaggeration.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

6.5 creedmoor
..................Well if that target matches what was fired from your rifle, then any faith I would say,,, is off to an excellent start.....It either is a 3 shot grouping from your rifle or it is not......If so, then imo it is no exaggeration.
.................Also, the 6.5 Creed as designed is one of the most inherently accurate cartridges available. I hope that is carried over into either the 6.5 PRC or the 300 PRC Bergara Premier which I am seriously considering. May go with the Approach like you did, or maybe the HMR Pro. I prefer a higher monte carlo cheek piece or an adjustable cheek piece. I have not made a final decision yet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

6.5 creedmoor

I wonder if it is fired in tunnel or some type of protection so no wind is involved?? Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by northcountry

6.5 creedmoor

I wonder if it is fired in tunnel or some type of protection so no wind is involved?? Cheers NC
................That could be. But imo, that is what you should want. Testing in a controlled environment.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
https://www.bergara.online/us/accuracy-testing/

This is their protocol for rifles sent back for accuracy issues, but I’d imagine this process is similar if not the same for their rifles before they leave the factory. States the rifle is shot outdoors.

Last edited by robertham1; 02/14/20.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
https://www.bergara.online/us/accuracy-testing/

This is their protocol for rifles sent back for accuracy issues, but I’d imagine this process is similar if not the same for their rifles before they leave the factory. States the rifle is shot outdoors.
.........................Good reading there........While on the Bergara site, I didn't get to that part yet.

Imo, Bergara goes a long way to insure a quality product. The Premier line is a good example.

300 PRC in the Premier HMR Pro or the Premier Approach? Decisions decisions decisions......LOL

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had absolutely no business buying this gun. I was minding my own business when I got an email from Whittaker’s with them on sale for $999... what am I supposed to do?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had absolutely no business buying this gun. I was minding my own business when I got an email from Whittaker’s with them on sale for $999... what am I supposed to do?
........................Ya buy the damned thing!!! You did right!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Bergara does a Cerekote option on the B14. Not stainless, but under $1000. Its the Timberline model. Really nice looking rifle. Feels awesome in the hand...action is very smooth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
647 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,603
Posts18,398,309
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.