Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by silver78
Using my Microsoft web browser I keep getting a "bad website" screen. Only happens when I visit the fire. Is some liberal a-hole trying to screw with the fire or is something else wrong with my computer? Using Chrome to post this message.

Probably, because everyone knows this forum is the bastion and the lynch pin of the entire free world.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Originally Posted by silver78
Using my Microsoft web browser I keep getting a "bad website" screen. Only happens when I visit the fire. Is some liberal a-hole trying to screw with the fire or is something else wrong with my computer? Using Chrome to post this message.

Probably, because everyone knows this forum is the bastion and the lynch pin of the entire free world.

Secret is out

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
One can say the same for the MS web browser. I'm vocal about the absurdity of using a phone as a computer, but I know I'm outvoted. Except that here, on a real computer, I have never had a single issue on this website. No ads, no popups, instant loading, full screen viewing, full-size keyboard. What a dolt I must be, huh?

Exactly!! Only I'm on Mozilla

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Using the Microsoft web browser is like playing Russian roulette with five loaded cylinders. Bad stuff gonna' happen.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Safari, Adblock Plus, and Ghostery.

All is well here.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I would bet that you have some malware and that it has found a way to take affect when viewing this website. You need to do all the regular steps to remove it, then reboot.

I suggest you run Firefox or Chrome, and add uBlock Origin as an extension. Check that you have your firewall and Windows Defender turned on. It does not hurt to run separate anti-virus and malware blockers, but only one of each. I used Avast! and Malwarebytes when I was on Win 10.

Leaked Documents Expose the Secretive Market for Your Web Browsing Data

An Avast antivirus subsidiary sells 'Every search. Every click. Every buy. On every site.' Its clients have included Home Depot, Google, Microsoft, Pepsi, and McKinsey...

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by vapodog
I'm having serious issues with something here.....both my computers use windows 10 and I get a screeching sound with a warning that something is bad with my machine.....BS.....it only happens here!

I got the same thing this past Thurs on my new HP with Win 10 that came with McAfee anti-virus and Windows Defender anti-virus. This virus is called "Reimagine Repair" and it came from www.greatchoice.com. It been around for a while and it zipped right through the McAfee and Windows virus defenses. I ran full virus scans with both McAfee and Windows and neither found the virus. I spent an hour on the phone with Windows yesterday and they took control of computer and supposedly cleaned everything up. Windows then ran another complete system scan and found NOTHING. The virus hit again a couple later that day and I found it but while I was trying to how to delete it went away. I just got another virus called "pcierd.site" with the same loud screeching sound while on 24hourcampfire. My current solution is to turn my sound off. Supposedly the "Reamine Repair" virus won't damage your computer but I don't know about "pcierd.site". Now that I know more about the virus I'll contact McCafee and Windows again next week. All the years I had Win 7 with no virus protection other then what Windows provided I NEVER got a virus.

Last edited by victoro; 02/01/20.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
As soon as I sent the above reply to vapodog I got the "pcierd.site" virus again.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That says a lot about McCafee, does it not? That and Norton are just bloatware.

My road away from Windows has not been without potholes, but at least it has been free of drive-by malware.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
One can say the same for the MS web browser. I'm vocal about the absurdity of using a phone as a computer, but I know I'm outvoted. Except that here, on a real computer, I have never had a single issue on this website. No ads, no popups, instant loading, full screen viewing, full-size keyboard. What a dolt I must be, huh?

Me too.

Mr. Dolt

Me 3.....phones are for talking....ok maybe texting.....maybe pictures.....but not as a computer.....

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

My road away from Windows has not been without potholes, but at least it has been free of drive-by malware.

And just think.......I got all kinds of schit when I tried to steer you away from windows..........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fgold767
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Me too.

Mr. Dolt

Me 3.....phones are for talking....ok maybe texting.....maybe pictures.....but not as a computer.....

This all sounds good except that would mean dragging my computer to the bathroom with me. I'm going to have to rename a TV tray to a bathroom tray to make that work. It all sounds a bit cumbersome.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

I don't think my virus problems have anything to do with 24hourcampfire because I NEVER had a problem with old laptop with Win 7 that had no virus protection except what Microsoft provided. I had doubts about McCafee because I know a lady that was our computer guru where we I worked for many years. The company we worked for had McCafee on all their computers so I assumed it was the best. When got my first personal laptop I asked her if she recommended McCafee and she just laughed. She the only reason our company used McCafee was that they got it free and let McCaffee advertise that our huge company was a customer. I went with Norton and got a virus soon after. The guy that removed the virus said to just keep Microsoft current and I wouldn't have any more problems. My son recommended I use Firefox or Google Chrome as my browser. He uses Firefox because he says stays more up to date.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't recall giving you any schidt, other than to say that I was happy with Windows and would change to something else if and when I found something like Quicken. If you read it otherwise, it wasn't intended.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Exactly!! Only I'm on Mozilla

Mike

Count me in, too. Except I use UR.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Early today I kept getting kicked off, not so bad since then.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This is Rick when things are running smoothly:

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

This is Rick when things are all fugked up:

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Same SH*T for me, a high jacking popup. My Norton is bad (don't use Norton) My Windows 10 is corrupt. ONLY HAPPENS ON THIS SITE. Yep Webmaster is either allowing this or is not checking the site. Starting to really piss me off, and I know who cares other than me.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Evening POS

LC

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
???

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.