Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hanco: You and "DelFarve" seem to think "this impeachment crap is over" - I am not being contrary here for contraries sake but this "crap" is just getting rolling - the demonrats have all manner of devioushit up their sleeves to pull out on President Donald J. Trump - including (I heard yesterday on NPR!) a 30 year old "rape" accusation!
Keep taking your meds (blood pressure meds if you take'em) it's only gonna get WORSE!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BP 110/65. I'm another runner (tri guy). The spike is my daily workout. The no data areas are because I don't wear the Garmin at night.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Windfall
Rewarming this thread from last week because I had one of those insurance wellness checks yesterday and I'm way high at 165/100 even with 100 Mg of Losartan potassium and 25 Mg of Hydrochlorothiazide and it has me spooked some. While I'm real envious of all you guys with the naturally low bp, I'm more interested in what guys like Roger and Salty303 and any of you others are taking to get your own bp down to normal levels without adverse side effects? I get an yearly Medicare physical and I suspected that my bp meds were not working well back in August, but my doc is a PE and not an MD and while he can prescribe meds, I think that he was reluctant to change what a previous MD had prescribed. What has been working for you guys?

I have a new doctor, and I am now taking 100mg of Metoprolol, and 20 mg of Enalipril for angina/hypertension a day.

She kept my Metoprolol at 100mg as before, but upped my Enalipril by 10mg. She also added 10mg of Onglayza for my diabetes to my old one of 2000mg of Metformin a day.

She said that the Hydrochlorathiazide I was taking was not a medication that I needed, and that the side effects I had been experiencing from it were more detrimental to my health condition than anything. The Hydrochlorathiazide is GONE.

Note that I had been on the same hypertension and blood sugar meds for 16 years.

In 6 weeks my BP has gone from anywhere between 180-150 over 120 or so, to 107-117 over 71-81. It is amazing how good it makes me feel. My pulse rate is down from 120-160 (180+ on extreme occasions) to 70's to mid 80's. My blood sugar levels are also dropping. The number of trips to the ER in an ambulance has fallen from OFTEN to none, and that is also amazing.

She also reminded me that caffeine/sodium/fat/sugar are natural enemies of my body and therefore moderation in all, and that walking/moving and proper rest are a great booster for lowering both my blood pressure and blood sugar levels.

She told me that every year your medication levels, and your medications themselves should be addressed and adjusted so as to give our bodies better chances at healing, or at least maintaining a healthier level of existence.

I like her, I thinking I am going to keep her.

Good luck on your quest to lowering your vitals and keeping them that way.

Lynn

Last edited by Miss_Lynn; 02/01/20. Reason: oops
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
134/76.

Just had a physical yesterday with a fasting blood Draw. She said my blood work was almost perfect. Blood sugar was 101.

I eat bacon and eggs every morning, beef, spinach, baby carrots ,peanuts or trail mix, protein bars and protein drinks from Walmart.

I also drink apple cider vinegar every day and Metamucil orange smoothie. Phouck plant based diets for me. Everyone is different, you have to find what works for you.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Oh yeah I am 6’4 and 245.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Holy smokes Miss Lynn, that is a pronominal difference! I wrote down your recipe to discuss with the doc along with the Dictazem, Lisinopril and Toprol that others had mentioned. I'm told that there are like five different families of bp medicines and that it is easy to control. You mentioned a good night's sleep, but that Hydrochlorathiazide is nothing more than a diuretic and it wrings the juice out of me like a sponge and you aren't sleeping when you are heading for the bathroom.
At least one of you mentioned salt in your diet and Sweetness just bought a salt cured ham that we just ate through. I'm remembering my neighbor up north that I took to the grocery store and he bought a big piece of ham and a week later he was dead from a massive heart attack.
Varmint Guy mentions his eye doctor and it reminds me of my dental hygienist that needs to drape herself over me and my ears seem to be one of her favorite resting places. She takes my bp there too and it was like another red flag when she said my bp was almost too high to work on me. It probably got even higher after she did. Time I took this stuff real seriously.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The best antidote for salt is sweat, which contains roughly 1,000 mg/l.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lisinopril made me cough so bad i strain my groin, i'm take clonidine now.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
9.7/100

When I was younger.

These days, more like 120/72 a couple days back. Doc gave me a limited one year warranty.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by viking
134/76.

Just had a physical yesterday with a fasting blood Draw. She said my blood work was almost perfect. Blood sugar was 101.

I eat bacon and eggs every morning, beef, spinach, baby carrots ,peanuts or trail mix, protein bars and protein drinks from Walmart.

I also drink apple cider vinegar every day and Metamucil orange smoothie. Phouck plant based diets for me. Everyone is different, you have to find what works for you.

Exactly, human bodies may seem similar, but they are not perfect clones of each other, we are not one thing fits all.

Lynn

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
117/67 pulse is 77. Not bad for a 69 YO 350# man. Had a stint put in about a year and a half ago. I take a BP pill at night, supposed to take it twice a day, but it makes me light headed.

When they do it the old fashion way it's usually better than that. Last time I went in it was 102/54. After the doctor comes in and harasses me for a while it usually goes up some.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
125/85 / 102 . i feel like shiat . haven't had a decent meal since Tuesday.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
134/69 71 yesterday waiting to see surgeon who cut off my right boob a week ago.....seems ok to me for a 72yr old cancer patient......getting your boob cut off and then finding out that the 11 weeks of hell from 4 chemo treatments did NOT kill the cancer....well calling me unhappy is a slight exaggeration! Pissed? oh hell yes!!!!! chemo bout killed me and then find out it didn't kill the tumor???? why I think my bp is great considering....no bp meds....oncologist took me off it cause it was too low!........

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Well mine's low tonight.
Gotta work on vehicle.
If not I'd be heading out for booze and music, get tore up LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
70 years old
Average ,,,,,,110/60

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1moredeer, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,293 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,112
Posts18,464,395
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.