Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by gunner500
Got it, understood, and Thanks, that said, tomorrow i know i'm going to curse, may have a smoke and a drink, will have prejudice thoughts on non working bums, dope heads and kweers, but, i wont go after another mans wife, job, business or house, the reason I didn't go to church today with those that i know have and WILL.

Can’t get stuck looking at those folks. They’ll have their opportunity to “explain” to the Lord one day ,

I’m more concerned about me and when it’s my time to explain.

But I’ve engaged a lawyer, best there is. Jesus.

DF

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
All that plus, not bothered with those that take the high ground, it's every time the doors are open hypocrites that ruin it all, fakers, actors, I know for a fact the Campfire has a secret squirrel handshake BS christian forum, wish they'd keep that and the kumbahya, circle jerk, buy the world a coke, mental masturbation, feel good threads there.

Lmfao!!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Got it, understood, and Thanks, that said, tomorrow i know i'm going to curse, may have a smoke and a drink, will have prejudice thoughts on non working bums, dope heads and kweers, but, i wont go after another mans wife, job, business or house, the reason I didn't go to church today with those that i know have and WILL.

Thats some truth laden schitt!!!!
6 day sinners
7th day 1 to 2 hr social status presence types.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Why wait until tomorrow to have a drink?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Within this thread the idea of human righteousness has been championed. Christ didn’t teach that nor did the disciples, that this happens when a guy believes in Christ.

Simul Justus et Peccator, simultaneously justified and sinner, is the reality of the life of a Christian.

We recently moved and visited a Presbyterian Church in Florence, KY. The first Sunday there I had a conversation with a fella at the church. I brought up the idea of piety. He began to tell me about how, as a Christian, he was cooperating with God to become more like Christ. I challenged his assertion, his response being to quote the Westminster Confession of Faith.

We did this loopty loo for a few rounds when I asked him specifically how he was holier. He tried to keep referencing the WCF so I pressed him all the harder. His response was that he was more patient than he used to be. Seriously?!? That’s all ya got?

I didn’t and won’t go back to that church. I’m not “Holy” enough. It seems to me that this kind of crap is what turns people off. Sincere christians (and sometimes not Christians at all) who actually think that there is now some kind of righteousness that they have when they are actually rotten sinners.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We are all Sinners.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Yep. It’s the ones that don’t sin who throw everyone off. They don’t sin, they just mess up or make mistakes.
Yet, their sin continually impacts those around them and they call it mistakes. Not much honesty there.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by IZH27
Within this thread the idea of human righteousness has been championed. Christ didn’t teach that nor did the disciples, that this happens when a guy believes in Christ.

Simul Justus et Peccator, simultaneously justified and sinner, is the reality of the life of a Christian.

We recently moved and visited a Presbyterian Church in Florence, KY. The first Sunday there I had a conversation with a fella at the church. I brought up the idea of piety. He began to tell me about how, as a Christian, he was cooperating with God to become more like Christ. I challenged his assertion, his response being to quote the Westminster Confession of Faith.

We did this loopty loo for a few rounds when I asked him specifically how he was holier. He tried to keep referencing the WCF so I pressed him all the harder. His response was that he was more patient than he used to be. Seriously?!? That’s all ya got?

I didn’t and won’t go back to that church. I’m not “Holy” enough. It seems to me that this kind of crap is what turns people off. Sincere christians (and sometimes not Christians at all) who actually think that there is now some kind of righteousness that they have when they are actually rotten sinners.

I don't think any reasonable person expects perfection from a professed Christian, but they do and should expect something better than "average", I guess you could say. The Bible clearly says that by a fruit will you know a tree, and it's not talking about vegetation. What about Mathew 7:16-20? What about the power of a supposedly almighty god to transform someone? What about "not everyone who calls me lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, but those who do the will of my father?

The most common excuse I see among self professed Christians acting in very unchristian ways is that they aren't perfect, just saved. They hold that excuse up time and again as a shield against any criticism of their behavior, even when that behavior is completely against everything christianity is supposed to stand for. On one hand they tell us the transformative power of their almighty God, and then immediately after tell us that we can't expect them to act any better than your average atheist on the street because "they are only human".

It's not a very convincing argument. Equally bad, the rest of the Christians, some who DO actually act more like a Christian should, stand by and say not a word as their supposed brothers in Christ behave horribly. What kind of message do you think non believers or those who are searching get from all this? If you are a Christian who can't behave like one, the best bet might be to keep quiet until such a time as you can.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If I may interject, this book is a must read for any Christian, in church or formerly in church:

https://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Power...refix=The+subtle+%2Caps%2C278&sr=8-2

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We are all Sinners.

So we are all equal, yet many still feel more equal
than the rest. - George Orwell 'Animal Farm'

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Church'd be fine if it weren't for the christians.

Oregon will likely be pretty nice too if it weren’t for your dead ass.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Thanks. What stick crawled up your butt?

LOL
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Thanks. What stick crawled up your butt?

Dude, we bust our butts to reach out to those in need. We have meetings, develop plans, and go out to serve others. You make out like we are such bad folks. No group gives more to others than Christians do. Just gettin tired of the bullshit comments to the contrary of who we are and what we do.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We are to love one another. Stay cool.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We are to love one another. Stay cool.

10/4. Just get tired of comments like that.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
One more time. [Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hanco
We ignore the BS in our church and go on.

And here it always amazes me the non folks can't help but join in to any Christian related comments and just hammer em. I mean if you don't believe wouldn't you be just wasting your time and better off to skip to something relevant to your brain?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, if Jesus said if we had the faith the size of a mustard seed, we could move a mountain, and 1/4 or 1/3 of the world is populated by believers, why are they not performing miracles?

Is there not one somewhere with faith?

LOL
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good question Roy. I pray my weak faith is enough.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It seems like this is a time God is holding those things back. Public displays. Personally, it's still happening.

LOL
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (007FJ, 163bc, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,880 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,453,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.