Campfire Tracker
K
Who has used one of these? good bad?

BP-B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I have a pair of Mark II's, one in 243 and the other in 6mm I put Timney triggers in. I highly recommend them. I have both set for about 2-1/4lb pull with no creep.

Good Shooting,

George
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by George Foster
I have a pair of Mark II's, one in 243 and the other in 6mm I put Timney triggers in. I highly recommend them. I have both set for about 2-1/4lb pull with no creep.

X2

Turned an atrocious factory trigger into a glass rod at 2.5#. Highly recommend

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have one. It's a very nice trigger! Be advised that it isn't "drop-in," however. It requires some minor fitting, namely the little shelf that the safety engages needs to be filed a little for proper engagement of the rotating safety "pad."

Ted
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RifleDude
I have one. It's a very nice trigger! Be advised that it isn't "drop-in," however. It requires some minor fitting, namely the little shelf that the safety engages needs to be filed a little for proper engagement of the rotating safety "pad."

Was getting ready to say the same.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
All of the above for me too. Except, I sent my gun to Timmy & T-Bone fitted mine for me. It breaks like a glass rod for sure. Like SixPack said, highly recommend.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve had a couple & was very happy with them. Easy to fit and great improvement in function.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RifleDude

Directions for the fitting that RifleDude refers to are included when you buy the trigger..

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I did a Moyer and a Timney, the Timney was almost a drop in the Moyer took some file work on the safety engagement head. Both good. A good gun smith can tune the factory trigger but I couldn't do a whole lot with it. I smoothed it up but when I put in a softer spring it was too light so I just swapped them out. If you have to file the safety engagement go real slow and leave room to polish it down with crocus cloth and then Flitz.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The Timney is a dandy, I have fitted and used a couple of them. I really prefer, however, the original after working it down to take out creep and lightening it. The drawback to the original is that there is no way to adjust overtravel, although this is a minor concern to me.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by GF1
The Timney is a dandy, I have fitted and used a couple of them. I really prefer, however, the original after working it down to take out creep and lightening it. The drawback to the original is that there is no way to adjust overtravel, although this is a minor concern to me.

I totally agree.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I had them on my older Ruger 77’s there were a nice upgrade

K
keith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
I got the Timney put in, and it sure is a great trigger. I would say that it takes some careful work to File that little shelf where the safety is, results are well worth the effort.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
One note on that - You file the “TRIGGER” not the safety block on the action safety block on the lever rod.... per the instructions.. this way if you put the old trigger back in, it’s safe.

Last edited by Spotshooter; 02/14/20.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have one installed on my 260. The original was atrocious, felt like dragging a broken beer bottle across asphalt. Not conducive to accuracy. I will admit that i did a p*sspoor job of installation, with the above-mentiond filing. Saftey lever works properly, just isn't very smooth. Not sure where the pull weight is, as I don't have a scale....but it is light. Very light. I've never had it accidently discharge, and has always passed the "bump test". All my other boat paddle guns had decent triggers from the get go, but this rifle sure benefited from the Timney.

That reminds me, I think I have a spare Timney laying around somewhere that I bought off the campfire....

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 1badf350, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.