Campfire Regular
Misty eyed a couple of times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVikU_uiPBA

Last edited by DavePrice; 02/08/20.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In the Clinton years Rush was a light shining in the darkness, we used to listen to him all the time.

I am so glad he was awarded the Medal of Freedom, especially on live TV at the State of the Union address.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
In the Clinton years Rush was a light shining in the darkness, we used to listen to him all the time.

I am so glad he was awarded the Medal of Freedom, especially on live TV at the State of the Union address.

This^^^, but I still listen to him.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
He mentioned there’s a bunch of y’all that’s been with him for 31 years.

I was 11.

222Rem,

Was the Dems / Reps this far divided back then?

I've listened to him for 31 years. I was a Navy helicopter flight instructor down in Florida when he first went syndicated nation-wide. Someone ask me if I had heard the "crazy guy" on the radio. I used to dial him in on the ADF non-directional beacon which was the local AM radio station, and listen through my headset, while out with the students. They couldn't hear it because I made sure their NDB toggle was in the off position. I've always wanted to call Rush and tell him that story, because he really likes aviation, and especially military pilots.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

During the Clinton years

"America held hostage, day ______ "

evershow until GWB took office. Hilarious.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I've always wanted to call Rush and tell him that story, because he really likes aviation, and especially military pilots.

It's not too late, yet.............

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I first heard him on an Amarillo channel when I was in the panhandle oil patch. 1 Aug, 1988.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He's a good guy, he needs our prayers.
God bless him and all Americans who love this great nation.
I think we all need to step up, let our hearts and minds be heard. No longer to sit still, and let others walk all over us or our flag.
Stand tall, be proud to be an American.

Texas
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
KFBK 1984. The year I became a Repuke..

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by hatari

During the Clinton years

That's awesome

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hatari

During the Clinton years

on Day 100, that night on the tv show, the 100 icon in the corner, the zeroes were a pair of waffles. Lol

I still remember that for some reason.

Clinton has already waffled on several items.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by FatCity67
KFBK 1984.

Me too when I lived in NoCal and worked at MINSY. Crazy Rush Sacra-pimento days. smile That makes 35+ years a Rush listener!

-=[Bob]=-
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, great to hear him Friday, iconic voice and thought. Hopefully he gains a reprieve from the cancer, though it doesn’t bode well. All of us are time limited, the only constant is change.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Don't know the year that I first started listening to Him, but maybe y'all can help. I was working in Western Arkansas, and radio stations were hard to find, so I was scrolling through the stations, and Heard a man talking about eating road kill, and maybe someone should open a restaurant, using road kill and call it Furs Restaurant. He was unaware that there was already a Furs Cafeteria. People lit up his phone line letting Him know about that. I was hooked and tried to find Him on the radio where ever I worked. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sourdough44
All of us are time limited, the only constant is change.

Indeed, and the longer we are granted to live, the more that becomes evident.

“Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky.”

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Mid 80's I guess. Working near the Oregon/Calif border, one of the guys comes racing up, jams on the brakes, huge cloud of dust, I immediately think somebody got hurt. Nope, he says,
"you gotta listen to this guy...he just called the crazy feminists 'feminazis' ." Good old 50,000 watt KFBK. And my outlook on politics, humor, and life was never the same. I wish ye well Rush.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Muleshoe: I planned a trip (130 miles each way) to a gunshow and some gunshops along the way on Friday so's I could listen to "my'man" Rush Limbaugh all the way.
Rush, as usual, did not disappoint.
Some wonderful insights yesterday (Friday) into his personal life along with the appropriate destruction of the demonrats.
GO RUSH
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Flintlocke: May I also digress on my first "exposure" to the "Maja Rushie"!
I was an out of state Mule Deer Hunter in southeast Idaho and high up on a mountain range one mid November day in 1985.
I had just had an incredible encounter with the biggest horned Mule Deer I had ever seen but could not catch up to it.
In the deep snow I trudged back to my VarmintMobile and started it up trying to warm myself.
Thank God the radio came on to a radio station out of Sacremento, kalifornicationkopia and Rush Limbaugh was on!
I was instantly mesmerized!
I found myself hootin and hollerin inside the cab of the VarmintMobile.
His opinions and insights were so unusual to be heard in public and they matched mine perfectly!
Soon enough my Hunting partners returned and they were equally as impressed as I was!
At the end of that Hunt I returned to my home in the Seattle area and bright and early Monday morning I called my local AM radio station and made arrangements for their "program director" to call me.
Soon enough he did and a month or two later Rush Limbaugh was on KVI 570 AM out of Seattle.
I have been a dedicated listener ever since.
My computer mouse pad is a gift from the EIB network for subscribing to Rush's online program.
The pad has a very complimentary picture of Rush on it - and I proudly display it for all to see who use my puter.
I also pray that Rush Limbaugh can somehow overcome this dreaded condition.
He has done more for the traditional values and conservative causes here in the United States of America than ANYONE!
And that, is saying something.
By the way his net worth is $590,000,000 (five hundred and ninety million dollars!)!
GO RUSH
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It was good to have him back. He sounded good.

"She said Rush will be lucky to survive the year. She said he's been going thru treatment long before his Public Reveal. She could see it in his face."

I am thinking like your wife. I worked with many, many cancer patients when I was a paramedic. First thing I thought when I saw Rush at the SOTU speech was that he didn't look good.

I saw so many patients die of cancer. It is a bad way to go.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
By the way his net worth is $590,000,000 (five hundred and ninety million dollars!)!
GO RUSH

I'm betting a big chunk of that will go to charity when his race is run.

Black Cows Matter!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
668 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 70 invisible), 2,999 guests, and 1,439 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.