Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#14556912 02/09/20
rlott Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My wife won one at a raffle a while ago. I was skeptical at first but have fallen in love with the damn thing and come up with a whole bunch of ways to cheat at slow cooking that would make traditionalists cringe.

Last night I put 2 pork loins in it, dumped in a bottle of root beer and cooked them on high for 50 minutes. Then drained it, dumped a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s in there and had some pulled pork that was pretty damn good.

Anyone other Instant Pot cheaters out there?

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’ve had one for a while. I don’t use it a lot and wifey is skeptical about it.

However, she‘s recently got into making her own yogurt. She insisted on having a yogurt maker even though the Instant Pot has a yogurt setting. Over her objections, I decided to make the last batch with the Instant Pot. Now she admits that she liked that yogurt better and is starting to look at other recipes for the Instant Pot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I got one on Black Friday.
So far I've made rice, yogurt, and pot roast in it. All have turned out great.
I've already donated my crock pot and rice cooker.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So what the hell is it? I googled it and can't bring anything up. Got a link?

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah we use ours a lot. The kids love homemade Mac and cheese and it’s super easy to make

Originally Posted by montanabadger

It’s an electric, programmable pressure cooker

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never mind

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Wifey uses hers a lot. Makes some good eats!

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife uses it all the time for lots of meals and loves it. The teriyaki chicken is the best IMO.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We love meatloaf made in the Instant Pot, it's one our favorite meals prepared in it so far I'm sure there are many more.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by montanabadger

Its an effing pressure cooker. The name suggests it's aimed at people who are too dumb to understand water gets hotter at 5 psig than atmospheric pressure and therefore cooks faster.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The mommy unit here at my domicile uses one. Seen her dump a frozen hen in there and in about an hour (I think) that chiggin is thawed, cooked and its flesh is falling off the bone.

Has a program schedule, timer, buttons, lights, makes a little tune when it’s done. Another counter hog

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I bought Momma an Instant Pot for Christmas '18. She took it back to the store, got the money back and applied it to a Ninja Foody with air fry, and broiler. About $200. I put a pot roast in it once. She has never used it.

I bought a "Fa#gor" stove top 8 qt pressure cooker at Bed Bath and Beyond this fall, for $29. I use it quite often.

Last time was multi bean with ham. Bring a pot of beans to simmer, drain off the water and rinse. Add more water, a bit of pearled barley, ham & bone. Bring to pressure and time for twenty minutes.

Dried red, kidney, black, pinto, and lima beans with ham fully cooked and ready to eat in less than an hour.

My Mom, Gramma, and Aunts all had Rival pressure cookers. They could have an old wore out laying hen cooked tender for dinner with rice, or noodles, or dumplins in short order. I can not believe I waited so long to buy one.

ETA: I had to add the pound sign to the brand name to get past the [bleep] ha ha

Last edited by Idaho_Shooter; 02/09/20.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It gets used 2-3 times a week around here. Love it but a slow cooker isn't replaced by it...

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I use my big Rival for canning 7 quarts of mason jars at a time of blue lakes.

I’ll can green beans, I’ll salsafy fresh tomatoes, I grill mammal flesh

But I ain’t no pyrex muffin pan Phaggot. 😐

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
We have one. My wife fixes BBQ ribs, Swiss steak, some pasta dishes, and other meals in it. I like her pot roast and pinto beans in the slow cooker better.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I make frozen chicken wings in mine in 15 minutes.... it's really a very handy appliance for the kitchen.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
rlott Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
We have one. My wife fixes BBQ ribs, Swiss steak, some pasta dishes, and other meals in it. I like her pot roast and pinto beans in the slow cooker better.

I like getting the biggest, gnarliest, cheapest ribs I can find and put them in there for 40 minutes then finish them on the grill.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Geez --- thought this was a faster way to grow marijuahana

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’m sicker than a dog right now but wifey got inspirational and made miso soup, then a Ukrainian rice and beef dish in the Instant Pot.

Turned out awesome. And she was glad that only one pot was needed.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I bought one took it to deer camp everyone there ended up buying one. Just like the 17 HMR when it first came out and I brought it to deer camp

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 29 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,479
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.