Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Should be no surprise...Major religious organizations are about power and money... Those two things come above all else; always. Just look at their coverups. Instead of demonstrating the morality they try to shelve the masses with, they lie, cheat, and cover up. They ALL do that, and Mormon's are just as despicable as the rest.

They need the money. Lots of it.

To cover the abuse lawsuits.

I think you have them confused for another denomination

Have read there’s been sub rosa suits settled concerning past multiple wives arrangements.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
BP-B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Seafire
The Mormon Church is supposed to be the owners of Safeway and Albertsons, and they are plugged into a lot of other stuff..

Look into Intermountain Health Care, and see how many Associate and Member hospital systems are connected with their system.....they are the supply chain for the majority of the Hospitals and Health Care Systems in the Rocky Mountain States and the West Coast.....

I am sure they are into a lot more businesses than just that....the Mormons are not dummies when it comes to business, and they have a lot of money that flows into their coffers from 'donations' in the collection plates every Sunday....

the Rogue Valley here in Southern Oregon, was built on Orchards, back in its early days....Not as profitable as it once was locally a lot of the older Orchards have sold out to other companies... the Mormon Church owns a batch of them locally nowadays..
they get a lot of volunteer labor, which doesn't hurt their bottom line whatsoever.

Those orchards are part of their church welfare system. All of the production, from those orchards, is used in their welfare operations. They operate one of the most extensive welfare operation in the world and make every effort possible to support their poor. They are not a fan of the government welfare systems

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Some LDS members here have spoken of a church owned cannery, where you take your own home grown or purchased produce in to can. I am sure a lot of LDS Farm produce goes through the cannery as well.

There is a lot which many of us could learn from the Mormans.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Seafire
The Mormon Church is supposed to be the owners of Safeway and Albertsons, and they are plugged into a lot of other stuff..

Look into Intermountain Health Care, and see how many Associate and Member hospital systems are connected with their system.....they are the supply chain for the majority of the Hospitals and Health Care Systems in the Rocky Mountain States and the West Coast.....

A quick google search shows Albertson's is owned by Cerberus Management Group.

Is Cerberus owned by LDS Church?

Google says Frieburg owns Cerberus. Cerberus also owns Freedom Group Firearms and accessories, though Freedom Group is up for sale.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Some LDS members here have spoken of a church owned cannery, where you take your own home grown or purchased produce in to can. I am sure a lot of LDS Farm produce goes through the cannery as well.

A commune system that works.

Old hippies could have learned a lot from them.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They own stock in many large companies so you can easily say they own Cerberus and many other companies. At one time, they owned a bunch of Pepsico but I don't know if they still do.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
They own stock in many large companies so you can easily say they own Cerberus and many other companies. At one time, they owned a bunch of Pepsico but I don't know if they still do.

Some Churches run their own investment funds in a passive manner (not SEC registered) a few are registered.

It’s been a while and I’d have to Google those.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

You don't take any food in to the cannery the church supplies all of it. You work there as a volunteer in exchange for the food that they can there on site. My mother used to do it all the time. It was the norm in the 70's and 80's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Lol, there is no commune system that works. The Mormon church struggles with freeloaders just like every other hand out system. Sluggards are attracted to it like moths to a flame. I can go around the valley here and show you multi-generational church welfare families, dozens of them.

Welfare has the same negative effect on society, no matter who provides the handout; the only difference with the Mormon system is that it’s locally administered, so some of the worst excesses are curbed.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by 1minute
Make tithing one of the requirements of reaching the upper world or gaining access to the central temple, and one should reap some significant income.

Joseph Smith always claimed to have his own gold mine.

He did. His brother Hiram worked at the Treasury. That is, until one day him and some gold plates went missing.

Last edited by RichardAustin; 02/10/20.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Joseph Smith didn't have a gold mine but Brigham Young on the other hand? If you want to do some interesting reading just look up the lost Rhoades mine in Utah. Pretty dang interesting stuff for sure.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Dutch

Lol, there is no commune system that works. The Mormon church struggles with freeloaders just like every other hand out system. Sluggards are attracted to it like moths to a flame. I can go around the valley here and show you multi-generational church welfare families, dozens of them.

Welfare has the same negative effect on society, no matter who provides the handout; the only difference with the Mormon system is that it’s locally administered, so some of the worst excesses are curbed.

Amen

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by 1minute
Make tithing one of the requirements of reaching the upper world or gaining access to the central temple, and one should reap some significant income.

Joseph Smith always claimed to have his own gold mine.

He did. His brother Hiram worked at the Treasury. That is, until one day him and some gold plates went missing.

LOL

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Joseph Smith didn't have a gold mine but Brigham Young on the other hand? If you want to do some interesting reading just look up the lost Rhoades mine in Utah. Pretty dang interesting stuff for sure.

Ya he did --- a whole bunch of tithe payers

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

You don't take any food in to the cannery the church supplies all of it. You work there as a volunteer in exchange for the food that they can there on site. My mother used to do it all the time. It was the norm in the 70's and 80's

I am just quoting what I have been told by a VERY active LDS man about what happens today in this area.

Yes he and his family spend a great deal of time doing volunteer work for the "Stake".

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
About any way you cut it or slice it, they look after their own and I admire that. They are inwardly focused as are most groups that were ostracized and hounded upon.

If you want an interesting conversation try and find a Mormon Missionary who did their required mission work in Israel. I believe their Temple was burned then razed, visas pulled, etc.
At one time they had a very rough go of it there in the promised land.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Gotta fund all the kids to do their missions (summer after they graduate I think)

On the other hand the kids are generally not brainwashed by Hollywood and video games. Except those of the "G" rated sort.
Disney disciples I guess..suppose that helps with respect to crime, but probably no different than any other strongly religious kids....

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 02/10/20. Reason: Typing

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Want an interesting conversation talk to a Mormon missionary about curve swords, elephants, horses, and round wheels and no DNA similarity between the Nephi, Lehi and the south americans. (all of which are in the Book of Mormon), but don't jive with facts. (horses are Columbian and no wheels found in the new world)

The Mormons were kicked out of Israel because Orson Pratt went there and rededicated, literally reclaiming it for the lost tribes, and establishing a genetic connection that is stated in the Book of Mormon

About as much a slap in the face to the Iraelis as you can get.

Last edited by Etoh; 02/10/20.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
They use the welfare system as mechanism to keep the sheep in the circle, build a power base etc.

All the states in the West have straight boundaries. They were made that way to break up Bringham Youngs vision of controlling the mineral wealth of this area. The divisions are geo- mineral so that silver are in Nevada, gold, and copper in Ut. etc.

When Joseph Smith controlled the militia in the western territory, the death of the then current president would have made Smith top dog.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
729 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,763
Posts18,401,397
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.