Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jedi5150
Originally Posted by renegade50
But but but but....
Cruises are the greatest thing since individual sliced, wrapped, and processed american cheese according to many on here.

LOL!!!

Have you ever been on one? I'm guessing not, based on your comment.

I've only been on 3 so far, and loved every minute of them. Holland America is about 3x as good as Carnival, for anyone interested. The food is to die for, and the clientele of HAL ships is far more mature and less "party" than Carnival. I've taken all sorts of vacations during my life, and a cruise is far in a way the most relaxing. There isn't even a distant second. They also aren't outrageously priced. By the time you factor in 3 meals a day, gas, hotels, entertainment, etc., a decent cruise can be one of the least expensive ways to take a vacation.

When I retire from my current career, I plan on starting a second career on a HAL ship. I guess that probably shows how much I enjoyed cruises. But never listen to the opinion of folks who have actually gone on them, you may learn something. wink BY and large, folks who have been on cruises will tell you they loved it, and folks who have never been will say they are awful. You should ponder that for a second.

I've been on two and they both sucked. Maybe the third time would be a charm, but I'm not betting on it.

GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by Jedi5150
Originally Posted by renegade50
But but but but....
Cruises are the greatest thing since individual sliced, wrapped, and processed american cheese according to many on here.

LOL!!!

Have you ever been on one? I'm guessing not, based on your comment.

I've only been on 3 so far, and loved every minute of them. Holland America is about 3x as good as Carnival, for anyone interested. The food is to die for, and the clientele of HAL ships is far more mature and less "party" than Carnival. I've taken all sorts of vacations during my life, and a cruise is far in a way the most relaxing. There isn't even a distant second. They also aren't outrageously priced. By the time you factor in 3 meals a day, gas, hotels, entertainment, etc., a decent cruise can be one of the least expensive ways to take a vacation.

When I retire from my current career, I plan on starting a second career on a HAL ship. I guess that probably shows how much I enjoyed cruises. But never listen to the opinion of folks who have actually gone on them, you may learn something. wink BY and large, folks who have been on cruises will tell you they loved it, and folks who have never been will say they are awful. You should ponder that for a second.

I've been on two and they both sucked. Maybe the third time would be a charm, but I'm not betting on it.

Carnival/ Royal Carribean?

Last edited by Jedi5150; 02/10/20.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Those who hate cruises have either never been on one and just read the horror stories on the internet or went on one 3-5 Caribbean party cruise.
On my Baltic cruise, I saw Copenhagen, Berlin, Tallinn, St Petersburg, Helsinki and Stockholm, all while staying in the same "hotel room". I didn't have to worry about flights, transfers, renting a car, finding a convenient hotel or where the good restaurants were.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I bet I could find people who'd think a guided elk hunt sucked, or that a week in a Canadian fishing camp sucked.

So, hearing people say that cruises suck means exactly nothing. Except to the sour killjoy who says it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i've said it before on here, pre-corona virus, that i would never, ever set foot on one of those germ incubators. this just drives my point home. the thought of being in that close of proximity to that many people makes me wretch.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Would you go to a sports event, a car race, or a concert? A movie, a supermarket, a plane?

Are the 14 million people a year who take a cruise and "catch" nothing more than a sunburn and a few extra pounds not evidence to you?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by rem141r
i've said it before on here, pre-corona virus, that i would never, ever set foot on one of those germ incubators. this just drives my point home. the thought of being in that close of proximity to that many people makes me wretch.

Have you ever been on one?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
no, not really.

that said, i am pretty germ phobic so consider the source. but people are free to do as they choose as am i.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is my favorite cruise ship.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/MV_Tustumena_at_False_Pass.JPG

runs from Kodiak to Dutch Harbor, every 3 weeks, in summer months. used to, anyway.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I bet a lot of people here are virgins because "they heard" it was smelly and hairy and wet and they went "phew!"

IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

302 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 37 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.