Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Drugs take away a person's ability to work and take care of himself. They commit the crimes to feed the habit. Legalizing them will make the homeless situation far worse as more people fall into addiction.

The personality type that takes it that far will do so whether legal or not. Just like we still had winos and derelicts during prohibition.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
He's an idiot!! How does he think drug addicts get $$$ for their dope?

Maybe they will carjack him and his hubby next date night....

Mike

Drug laws are what creates the black market high costs which create the majority of the crime involved

Yep. It’s so simple. Hard to believe so many fail to grasp it.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's almost like the government wanted the war on drugs as an excuse to grow and control us vs. solving the problem.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Here is a question, would legalizing drugs make our drug problem any worse? Prohibition didn't stop drinking and we saw similar results as today's war on drugs.The government can't regulate morality, it doesn't ever work. I'm against drugs, but I'm also against the government telling me what to do laugh .

Honestly, legalize drugs, put the money from the war on drugs into education. Either that or get serious like Singapore on drugs, hanging day is Friday in Singapore.

I like what you think, except I would prefer they just don't take the money from taxpayers in the first place.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The dems are good at getting folks to ask the wrong questions and run down rabbit trails that have nothing to do with the real problem.

Drugs could be 100% legal and no harm would come to the USA IF and ONLY IF the freedom from government involvement as per the Constitution was observed and enforced as it is written.
What do I mean?
Well if all drugs were legal but ALL government theft (non-accounted taxation) was illegal so you, the tax payers, had NO obligation to help support drug using scum at all, the problem would go away all by itself in about 1 generation. Let the stupid ones kill themselves, but let them know that they are entitled to absolutely ZERO support or help to treat their self-inflicted conditions . When legal, the drugs would be pure, MUCH stronger and very cheap (about 95% less) so these stupid creatures would increase their usage about 20 to 50 times, and would kill themselves off fast, then they would only be entitles to a truck ride to a public dump. NOTHING more at all. NOTHING!!!!!!!

If a set of laws that protects those that are criminal, stupid or treasonous, results in a nation filled with traitors, stupid people and criminals.

The Dem/Comms have given us a nation full of such scum and tells us that a bigger government machine is what is needed. Unfortunately many so-called conservatives believe more police power is needed and that don't effect the druggies much at all, but it does effect those that love freedom because a cop needs to do "something' to shot he is "working" so the politicians they make up reasons to interfere in people's lives.

And by leading you to believe the issue is "illegal drug use" many think the answer is bigger government. It's not! It's forcing others to "help" those that destroy themselves. It's a form of suicide.
If a man shoots himself with a 25-06 in the head and the bullet hits at 3000 FPS --- it's suicide.
Well how about using a 45 auto and the bullet only going 830 FPS? Still suicide.
How about swallowing Hydrogen Cyanide, and causing death in 2 minutes? Still suicide.
How about taking a whole bottle of pills and killing themselves in 3 hours Yup...Suicide!
Well if they do it with a bottle of prescription drugs or a lot of home-made or imported drugs, it's still SUICIDE!

Let them do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And when they are gone those that are left behind can see the cause and effect and know their fate is the same, if they do the same things. But don't charge me higher medical bills or higher taxes because others are stupid of suicidal. That's not governments job and it ONLY benefits those that want more control over everyone, not just druggies.

The answer is to allow cause and effect to exist, and to disallow government (meaning tax-payer funded) "help" those that harm themselves intentionally.

let them see the effects and quit the drugs , or let them die.
Sorry to be hard, but truth is hard.

Last edited by szihn; 02/10/20.
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Legalize it. Give every bit of it away that is in an evidence locker like girl scout cookies in front of wal-mart. It will resolve itself in a week.
Patrick

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The herd needs thinning.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We can't trust some people with drugs because we can't trust me with potato chips.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I’ve said forever to legalize them all. Let the cards fall where they may. Remove the safety nets. Survival of the fittest. The problem is “we” will always give abusers a safety net.

I agree. It would be an effective way to purge the stupid from the population. Those who are inclined, already do. Those who aren't, don't and won't start just because of legality status..

Originally Posted by Tansun
Just fallow ol' Duterte's way of dealing with drugs and the pushers...kill them all and let God sort them out.

I'm good with that too.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've never consumed any drugs in my life but have also realized that the war on drugs has become a massive problem.
When something is made illegal, black markets boom.
Those that seek drugs will find them whether legal or illegal.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hanco
That is retarded!
. I hope he goes for it.. All that'll do is help Trump.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Actually a good idea. Make them cheap too. Eliminate crime, and natural selection will eliminate a lot of drug users. Put in a caveat that says if you make a poor lifestyle Choice, you will be left to die.

Sam......

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
So they want to legalize drugs but criminalize straws and Big Gulps. What a country this will be!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
By all means, keep drugs illegal. It’s much better to have a bigger government, a militarized police force, a general disregard for fourth amendment rights by the police and supported by the courts, a massive industrial prison system, and drug cartels that have amassed fortunes and murdered thousands.
Or we could have one Boxer Rebellion after another as people get tired of their children being poisoned. There was no Govt support for drug users, no welfare. Widespread availability of drugs was a complete failure. Some of you have no clue what the opioid epidemic has done to small town America even with all the Govt welfare.

It would be far better to have real consequences for drug dealing, like a quick death penalty. Jail time is just vacation time for a lot of people. You really can't complain about cartels and crimes until you've had a death penalty extending down to street dealers.

Last edited by Tyrone; 02/11/20.

Politics is War by Other Means
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Drugs take away a person's ability to work and take care of himself. They commit the crimes to feed the habit. Legalizing them will make the homeless situation far worse as more people fall into addiction.

LMAO...

So when a guy has a beer or two while watching a game, he lost his ability to work and take care of himself? You realize how uneducated your statement is????

Legalizing will make homelessness worse? How so? The probability it would have the opposite affect is far more likely.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by antlers
By all means, keep drugs illegal. It’s much better to have a bigger government, a militarized police force, a general disregard for fourth amendment rights by the police and supported by the courts, a massive industrial prison system, and drug cartels that have amassed fortunes and murdered thousands.
Or we could have one Boxer Rebellion after another as people get tired of their children being poisoned.

It would be far better to have real consequences for drug dealing, like a quick death penalty. Jail time is just vacation time for a lot of people. You really can't complain about cartels and crimes until you've had a death penalty extending down to street dealers.

Do you think liquor store attendants should get the death penalty too?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by hanco
That is retarded!

Freedom is retarded? Make sure and walk around Arlington letting everyone know their relatives who died to preserve freedom of choice is retarded....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Terryk
Good plan to lower crime like theft, increase employable marketable workers, and reduce medical costs. Great solution.

Perhaps you meant to use the secret campfire sarcasm font? grin

Lower crime? Why? Making it legal doesn't make it cheaper at least based on weed prices - https://www.statista.com/statistics...-marijuana-price-difference-by-us-state/

Increase employable workers? - If I'm running a business I still don't want stoned workers and all the baggage that comes with like absenteeism and lack of ability to do the job when they show up stoned and my insurance company agrees.

Reduce medical costs? Only if they agree to stop given narcan to the ones that OD and let nature take its course. I suspect medical costs will go up as more people "experiment" with stuff that was designed to kill you and we try and save them from their stupidity.

Fortunately, this whole idea panders to a very small range of folks for now. I bet it won't be that way in 20 years.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
We need to make dangerous/addictive drugs even easier for kids to get, Right guys??

Seriously, I’m all for “free will”, and a case can be made that folks exercise “free will” when they take heroin/meth/crack the FIRST time, but they are not exercising purely “free will” after that.

Highly addictive drugs, many of which are physically addictive (not just a psychological addiction) are not something that should be easy to obtain.

Anyone that thinks the Democrat Party is going to allow “natural selection” to prevail, hasn’t looked at their platform/policies for the last 55 years. It’ll just create another victim/welfare class, and the general public will be subject to the increased crime that comes from an even MORE drugged out criminal class.

These folks are not gonna be passed out 24/7 in some opium den. They’ll be out robbing/raping/driving/stealing their lives away...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
For good or for bad, Portugal has already run this experiment for us. No increase in drug use, less street crime.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,909 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,357
Posts18,468,926
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.