Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I've got a Special w/ pro curve shoe and it's great, but the Diamond is just that much better and will do everything you are wanting to do without removing it from the stock.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I've heard sand/dirt and Jewell's don't get along too well. Anybody experienced problems due to that??

I had 6 or 7 at one time mounted on rifles, and only have one left.
I've only owned 2 and they were both temperamental in general and aggravating when dusty/dirty. I sent them to others that think highly of them and shifted to Timney (variety) and Shilen (2 ounce). Couple of years ago I tried a TT and now have four. I've only tired Primary and Special models, but haven't experienced a hiccup and they've had ample opportunity to fail. They've proven to be robust so far...

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've heard sand/dirt and Jewell's don't get along too well. Anybody experienced problems due to that??

Yes got sugar sand in the action and I am still trying to get the trigger back to where it was, I might still take it back to Jewell. It affected the safety more than the trigger so I can live with it.

Lighter pulls Jewell heavier TT but I will be using more Trigger Techs on hunting rifles due to the better ability to work if dirty.

Is the Diamond worth the premium price? Most of my hunting rifle are at 2.75 lbs if this is a factor.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
no comparison.the diamond is the finest single stage trigger ever made.for under 20 oz pull weight ithas no equal.the special is all you ever need in a big game rifle.at 2 lb pull its awesome.bix & andy for 2 stage right now and the safety is awesome.also cheaper and a awesome hunting trigger is a tuned up shilen.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Are the Trigger Tech triggers easy to install in the 700 or do I need a gunsmith to do it?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Are the Trigger Tech triggers easy to install in the 700 or do I need a gunsmith to do it?

It's a drop in unit. You just have to fiddle with the spring and bolt stop to get it right.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

700 triggers are easy to change out and Trigger Techs are no different.

Couple of pins and a wonky bolt release is all.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Ok,thanks guys. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Tejano

Yes got sugar sand in the action and I am still trying to get the trigger back to where it was, I might still take it back to Jewell. It affected the safety more than the trigger so I can live with it.

Lighter pulls Jewell heavier TT but I will be using more Trigger Techs on hunting rifles due to the better ability to work if dirty.

Is the Diamond worth the premium price? Most of my hunting rifle are at 2.75 lbs if this is a factor.

I've had a Jewell on my main hunting rifle for close to 20 years. Its been through all sorts of nasty/rough conditions and I have never had a single issue with it.

Last edited by BWalker; 01/27/20.
805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just had an experience with TriggerTech customer service and they were prompt, helpful and friendly. Had a trigger get stuck in the safe position. Not sure what happened internally but I just mailed it to their return center. They shipped me a new replacement today also. Once they diagnose it the technician said he will email me the results also.
Anyone else have this problem? Just glad it wasn’t on a hunt!

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Elk hunter watch a U-Tube video on the swap out. The only trick or tip is to leave the drift pin holding the bolt stop in place with enough protrusion to keep the stop in position. The spring is fiddly to get back on and is the only thing I have screwed up on a trigger change.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bump

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Triggertechs are good triggers but they're not a Jewell. On my prairie dog rifles I use Jewells, on a hunting rifle the Triggertech is plenty good enough.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,631
Posts18,455,194
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.