Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
check out this one in Australia:

A man in Australia has pleaded guilty to a charge of talking on a hand-held cellphone while riding a horse.

The case involved a 30-year-old man in New South Wales, according to reports.

He and the horse were stopped by police after he was seen holding a cellphone to his ear while riding on a rural road in October, the Tenterfield Star reported.

The Mudgee Local Court magistrate judge said “under the road rules a horse is a vehicle…and he didn’t have a hands-free device fitted to the horse,” the paper reported.

"I've had someone charged with being drunk on a horse before - but just one," the judge said after admitting this case was a first for him.

The defense lawyer, Tim Cain, said his client was pleading guilty “because he concedes that the horse was in motion.”

He called the matter "trivial - in the extreme," according to the paper.

"Especially in a rural area where animals are a form of transport," Cain said.

The man was told the charge would be expunged from his record if he stays out of trouble for three months, the paper reported.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
July 1 here.

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes, but horses don't count.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Tennessee just passed a hands free law- - - -don't know how vigorously it's being enforced, but I really don't mind complying. I see far too many people riding around totally oblivious to their surroundings while engaged in talking of texting in traffic situations. If a call is that important, simply pull over and take care of business. Otherwise, let the danged thing go to voice mail! It isn't going to harelip the world if you don't read or respond to a text three microseconds after you receive it, either!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I heard about a drunk guy in Oregon got a DUII when he was pushing his broke down motorcycle to a friends house so they could work on it. He had not been riding it.

LOL
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I think so, but don't know why, when the ones charged with enforcing it are using cell phones, radios, radar, computers, with a pistol strapped on and a rifle/shotgun propped up front and center! crazy grin

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Cop on a power trip- - - - -probably some paranoid azzole who's afraid to step out in public without a badge, a gun, and permission from the goobermint to harass his fellow citizens!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cop be getting a front end loader of horse manure across his driveway 🤠

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
2nd year of ours, really isn't enforced. Now every just keeps their phone down in their lap so no one can see them text.

But folks are somehow still allowed to drive with their dog in their lap with its head hanging out the drivers side window.

Last edited by killerv; 02/11/20.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We have one here in Minnesota, just not for the Thousands of Mini Vans driven by Somalis with their Federally funded transportation sticker on the side.
They can be on their phones all f'n day and drive down the interstate at 40.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well, yes and no... Drivers under permit (just prior to full DL) nor ANY driver going through a work zone cannot use phones.. Texting is fully outlawed.. MN passed theirs and they've already issued about 700 tickets before the 1st year is out, IIRC.. Everybody ignores those laws... We see cars/trucks weaving in lanes and it's obvious their either texting or yakking away on their phones...
Originally Posted by killerv
2nd year of ours, really isn't enforced. Now every just keeps their phone down in their lap so no one can see them text.

But folks are somehow still allowed to drive with their dog in their lap with its head hanging out the drivers side window.
While gnawing on a Big Mac at the same time.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I commute 70 + miles round trip daily. About half of it on the interstate. The stuff I have seen people (mostly young women) doing while driving is unbelievable.

One that really stands out was the girl steering with her knees while applying mascara with one hand, cigarette up next to the cracked window with the other and a bowl of cereal on her lap that she would take bites of in between trying to apply her make up in the rear view mirror. The worst part was she had two little kids that looked like 2 year old twin girls in the back seat. That one got called in.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Yes. And I understand the theory behind it. But that said so many new cars basically have a smartphone built in a screen in the dash. How much less distracting is that?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rules is rules,

and you good upstanding, law abiding citizens surely aren't suggesting that we take the rules lightly.................are you?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
We have such a law here in MJ, but it appears no cops ever enforce it. One LEO told me "It's my favorite type of ticket", however, I see plenty of drivers talking on their phones while driving (mostly construction types, as the rest have Blue Tooth) and plenty of heads down at traffic lights, i.e., texting.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I use Siri voice to text for most text messages, even use voice dictation for replies on this forum.

It’s not perfect on my Tn accent but it learns from me as it gets used more.

For some 80 yr old diabetic fat fingered feeble fûckstick that get his rocks off on correcting someone’s typo or spelling, their old dumbass would be tits up in a ditch, having crashed their three wheeled Schwinn tricycle in the trailer park lagoon.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I use Siri voice to text for most text messages, even use voice dictation for replies on this forum.

It’s not perfect on my Tn accent but it learns from me as it gets used more.

For some 80 yr old diabetic fat fingered feeble fûckstick that get his rocks off on correcting someone’s typo or spelling, their old dumbass would be tits up in a ditch, having crashed their three wheeled Schwinn tricycle in the trailer park lagoon.

Just imagine Siri trying to understand and type for some Geechee or Gulla speaker from the real south! eek

Would make understanding you TN folks easy.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
In Ontario its called ‘Distracted Driving” and just like careless driving it is whatever a cop decides it is.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rock Chuck: No!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I don’t know if Texas does or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

92 members (AnthonyB, 35, 7x57Hunter, AGL4now, 160user, 41rem, 12 invisible), 974 guests, and 724 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,502
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.