Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ok, I bought VXR 3-9X40 w/illuminated dot. The CDS card had already been used and the dot looked like a cross between a rectangle and the letter Z. Since I don't shoot at game over 400yds I decided to have the turret taken off and just have a regular cap re-installed. I told them to please fix the dot and please take off the turret and just replace the dummy cap. He told me the scope would go thru regular protocol and if anything was out of sorts that it would be addressed. He then told me that the turret issue would not be addressed because the shop that took care of such was closed and would not reopen for quite some time. I became somewhat incensed as I explained to him the turret could easily be removed and couldn't they just please remove it and put the dummy cap back on. I then got the feeling that neither of my problems would be addressed. It's not enough that I spent my own money to send it in but the fact that you never know who's working in what part of the company. I don't know guys, I'm just tired of the whole Leupold ball of wax. If anyone knows how to remove the turret and has a spare cap...please let me know. powdr

P.S. I'll admit I had to repent a little after the call but that smug son of a gun pushed my button.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
They are going the wrong direction imo.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t consider Burris much better. I had a vintage gloss 1.75-5.5 straight tube scope that would have been real handy on a woods rifle . The inside got debris in it (seal came apart?) and it was blurry at certain magnifications. I figured they’d clean it and service it under warranty. I sent it back and they said it was unrepairable . They replaced it with a $125 dollar 2-7 x35? I regret accepting that offer especially later once I realized they made a more straight tube comparable scope .

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I don’t consider Burris much better. I had a vintage gloss 1.75-5.5 straight tube scope that would have been real handy on a woods rifle . The inside got debris in it (seal came apart?) and it was blurry at certain magnifications. I figured they’d clean it and service it under warranty. I sent it back and they said it was unrepairable . They replaced it with a $125 dollar 2-7 x35? I regret accepting that offer especially later once I realized they made a more straight tube comparable scope .

Ever think that maybe they don't have parts for those old scopes anymore?

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Yeah I bought a scope w/ standard duplex figuring I could send it to them for a long range duplex. Called them and heard the same thing.

They don’t seem to understand the harm they’re doing their brand.

IC B2

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
EFW, I told them they were dying of a thousand cuts and had their head in the sand.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The definition of insanity; Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....

Keep buying them, keep returning them for repairs and keep bitchin about them.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 2five7
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Ever think that maybe they don't have parts for those old scopes anymore?

Please tell me what parts this needed.....

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

People just now figuring Leupold out

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
LEUPOLD customer service isent what it use to be, they suck now

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Bullschit!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have a dozen or more leupolds, all more than three years old. Some over 30 years old. They have worked great for me.
Started buying Zeiss several years ago.
Sad to see a good American company going south.

NRA Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
bean counters killing off another great company ,

NRA Life Member
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Uhh, so, you want them to do Custom Shop work when the Custom Shop is closed? You bought a used CDS scope but don't want CDS and Leupold is F'd? .

BTW, had a VXR with same issue, they fixed it. I think it's a ragged cut on the fiber optic but not certain. It's not handled by the Custom Shop so no fret.... I have a trade 3-9x40 Firedot Duplex but it's Duracoated and can't do it until May roughly.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by powdr
Ok, I bought VXR 3-9X40 w/illuminated dot. The CDS card had already been used and the dot looked like a cross between a rectangle and the letter Z. Since I don't shoot at game over 400yds I decided to have the turret taken off and just have a regular cap re-installed. I told them to please fix the dot and please take off the turret and just replace the dummy cap. He told me the scope would go thru regular protocol and if anything was out of sorts that it would be addressed. He then told me that the turret issue would not be addressed because the shop that took care of such was closed and would not reopen for quite some time. I became somewhat incensed as I explained to him the turret could easily be removed and couldn't they just please remove it and put the dummy cap back on. I then got the feeling that neither of my problems would be addressed. It's not enough that I spent my own money to send it in but the fact that you never know who's working in what part of the company. I don't know guys, I'm just tired of the whole Leupold ball of wax. If anyone knows how to remove the turret and has a spare cap...please let me know. powdr

P.S. I'll admit I had to repent a little after the call but that smug son of a gun pushed my button.

Did you buy the scope new or did you buy a fughed up used scope cheap, hoping that Leupold would make it like new?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lifetime warranties can't last forever..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by powdr
I became somewhat incensed as I explained to him the turret could easily be removed and couldn't they just please remove it and put the dummy cap back on.

Might consider polishing up your 'slpainer skills since it's so wonderfully easy. And I'm sure they were tracking on the "dummy cap" explanation.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rem shooter
bean counters killing off another great company ,

Bean Counters ie: Cost Accountants are hired by Mgmt. Managment of Leupold is at fault. They sure do sponsor some great hunting shows, have game recipes on their glossy POS website and pages and pages of print in magazines of all sorts.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Uhh, so, you want them to do Custom Shop work when the Custom Shop is closed? You bought a used CDS scope but don't want CDS and Leupold is F'd? .

BTW, had a VXR with same issue, they fixed it. I think it's a ragged cut on the fiber optic but not certain. It's not handled by the Custom Shop so no fret.... I have a trade 3-9x40 Firedot Duplex but it's Duracoated and can't do it until May roughly.

And upset he had to pay shipping on the scope he didn't originally buy from them?

Last edited by battue; 02/12/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by GeoW
Lifetime warranties can't last forever..

I'd wager they'll fix the Firedot issue, given the chance to do so.... Leupold is not high on my love list, but damn, they've not failed here in the least from what I've read... If the OP wants a non-CDS VX-R scope, they're readily available.

Leupold's Custom Shop is CLOSED.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,615 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,977
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.