Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I recently picked up a Zastava commercial Mauser 98 with a set trigger. I have not used set triggers before and this would be the only rifle with one, although when the trigger is set the final pull is very sweet I prefer to have all of my triggers operate the same way especially on hunting rifles.

The trigger is in two parts one is attached the bottom metal and the sear remains on the bottom metal. If someone is interested in the trigger I would sell the trigger and hinged bottom metal for $225. I will have to replace the hinged bottom metal which will set me back at least $100 on ebay.

I will just mill out the bottom metal to accept an aftermarket commercial trigger if no one wants the set trigger and bottom metal. Another option I would entertain is to trade a Zastava hinged bottom metal set up for normal trigger and $125 for the bottom metal and complete set trigger, as pictured in the attached file minus of course the receiver.

I would post this in the classified but it will be on 10 in an hour and the 24hour campfire Mauser community might miss it. Best way to communicate with me is here by a PM.

Thanks,
wade

Attached Images
setTrigger.jpeg (22.03 KB, 280 downloads)
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sweet deal, but all of my Mauser sporters sport DST's and it would just lay in my junk drawer along side a bunch of other "hopes for the future". I wish I did need another DST at the moment!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Horsetrade made- - - - -both of us are happy campers. Thanks!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Update:

The OP sent me the slightly-used double set assembly and bottom metal in exchange for a new, never used Mark X bottom metal and adjustable trigger, with the safety included in the trigger assembly. He has refused to send me the parts for his safety to complete the trade, and he is now ignoring my emails. I can fabricate those parts, but it involves a considerable amount of time and effort. If any of you do any business with him, "Buyer Beware"!
Jerry

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Any clue why he didnt send the safety ?

IC B2

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Double post

Last edited by WTF; 03/06/20.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The one response I got was that he had never seen a trigger assembly with the safety included, and he said he would send the parts. Then total silence and no parts! Check out the photos in the original post. There's a thumb button, a slider that locks the sear and the bolt, and a detent spring and ball. No biggie to fabricate those parts with 40+ years' experience at building my own rifles, but I'd rather have the original parts if possible.
Jerry

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
From what I can see, that safety wont work with a Zastava/Mark X trigger.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yup- - - -going to have to be removed anyway!
Jerry

W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
You should have received it by now, I thought it had been mailed out. Sorry for the delay, if you want to send it back I will give you $25 to cover your postage both ways and you can send me the two packages I sent you after you receive the bottom metal you sent me.

Thanks
wade

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Still looking for the parts- - - -I hope they haven't been lost in the mail somehow. If so, I can fabricate them from scratch. Thanks for the reply.
Jerry

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Update! They're found! Good old U.S. Post Office strikes again! The parts finally got "returned to sender" for insufficient postage after bouncing around the system for a while! It would have been just as simple to deliver them with a "Postage Due" note, but that would have required somebody at USPS to have a few brain cells available to rub together!
Jerry

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The parts arrived today. Thanks! Now it's time to fit and chamber a barrel and find a suitable stock.
Jerry

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,743 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.