Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
It seems the little buttranger thinks "rocket alarms" make him some sort of a combat vet- - - - -probably filled his pants on the way to a bunker!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marine-veterans-criticise-buttigieg-overstating-195434365.html

He likes to make a big deal out of being some sort of REMF taxi driver!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Marine veterans criticise Buttigieg for overstating his military experience

Graig Graziosi
The Independent•February 11, 2020

clic pic for story
[Linked Image from newscdn.weigelbroadcasting.com]

A Wall Street Journal op-ed published by a pair of former US Marines has called presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg’s military experience into question.

Greg Kelly, a host at conservative Newsmax TV and a former pilot in the US Marine Corps, and Katie Horgan, a Marine officer deployed in Iraq for 13 months between 2006 and 2012, wrote the piece.

Throughout the op-ed, Mr. Kelly argues that the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, has overstated his military experience, painting the candidate instead as a careerist who used his connections to land a cushy paperwork job for the majority of his time in the service.

“The usual route to an officer’s commission includes four years at Annapolis or another military academy or months of intense training at Officer Candidate School. ROTC programs send prospective officers to far-flung summer training programs and require military drills during the academic year,” Mr Kelly wrote. “Mr. Buttigieg skipped all that—no obstacle courses, no weapons training, no evaluation of his ability or willingness to lead. Paperwork, a health exam and a background check were all it took to make him a naval officer.”

According to Mr Kelly and Ms Horgan, officers who entered the service through direct commission were begrudged by combat veterans and were often called “pomeranian princes.”

Most of Mr Kelly and Ms Horgan’s criticisms were rooted in the idea that Mr Buttigieg wasn’t actually involved in combat yet uses language to suggest he was.

“The closest he came to combat was ferrying other staffers around in an SUV: In his campaign kickoff speech last April he referred to “119 trips I took outside the wire, driving or guarding a vehicle.” That’s a strange thing to count. Combat sorties in an F-18 are carefully logged. Driving a car isn’t,” Mr Kelly and Ms Horgan wrote.

Mr Buttigieg does walk a fine line between presenting himself as someone who experienced danger and someone who experienced combat.

Mr Buttigieg’s first television ad in Iowa showed the candidate walking amongst rubble carrying a military rifle and starting with the phrase “As a veteran…” The image is clearly meant to evoke ideas of armed men and women fighting for the homeland.

However, Mr Buttigieg has refused to refer to himself as a combat veteran when pressed. According to a report by the Chicago Tribune, Mr Buttigieg drew a distinction between himself and combat veterans during a bus tour in Iowa.

“It kind of felt like combat when the rocket alarm went off. But I don’t feel prepared to use that term for myself,” he said.

Rocket alarms “feeling like danger” are not enough to warrant his bragging, according to Mr Kelly and Ms Horgan.

“Candidate Buttigieg takes every opportunity to lean in on those months in Afghanistan. Questions ranging from student debt to Colin Kaepernick to gun control prompt him to reference his military stint, sometimes indignantly,” the authors wrote.

“‘I don’t need lessons from you on courage,’ he lectured former Rep. Beto O’Rourke in an October debate, “political or personal.” Two months later he told Sen. Amy Klobuchar, ‘Let me tell you about my relationship to the First Amendment. It is part of the Constitution that I raised my right hand and swore to defend with my life. That is my experience, and it may not be the same as yours, but it counts, Senator, it counts.’”

The duo also criticised the media, claiming that the press frequently brings up Mr Buttigieg’s military service, but frequently ignores his Democratic opponent Representative Tulsi Gabbard’s own experience. Ms Gabbard has been a member of the Hawaii Army National Guard since 2003 and was deployed for a year to Iraq in 2004 and for a year to Kuwait between 2008-2009.

“Debate moderators and other journalists—hardly a veteran among them—eagerly sell Mr. Buttigieg’s narrative. Debate moderators often point out that he served in Afghanistan and, if Tulsi Gabbard isn’t there, is the only veteran on the stage. When Ms. Gabbard is present, the moderators seldom mention her military experience, which dwarfs Mr. Buttigieg’s,” the writers said.

Ultimately, it seems the pair believe only those who have engaged in combat should exploit their military service to further their political aspirations.

“In our experience, those who did the most in war talk about it the least,” they said. “Serving in a support or noncombat role is honorable, but it shouldn’t be the basis of a presidential campaign.”

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
He had a light loafer job in the military

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back when I was on active duty in the Marine Corps, simple fraternization could get you sent home from deployment, where you had to explain to your wife why you returned early (adultery.) Homosexuality would get you a quick exit out of the Corps all together. Both cases are immoral, but clearly one indicates a severe mental disorder.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Back before coed cruises, didn't the Navy put Marines on ships so the swabbies could have dance partners?
LOL!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
that direct commission horschit ought not be allowed except for very special circumstances, Dr, etc. not for a paper pushing chauffer. thats the same horschit deal that f ucken biden asswipe got. and he got the boot from it for snorting coke.

My diploma is a DD214
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Back before coed cruises, didn't the Navy put Marines on ships so the swabbies could have dance partners?
LOL!

Why did the navy take Marines aboard a ship with them?

Because it would look awful suspicious running sheep up a gang plank!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I wonder who he had to "do" to get that pud assignment? It sounds to me like he had it planned out so he could get something on his resume' for a future election.....I wonder if John Kerry is his mentor?

Last edited by reivertom; 02/11/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not exactly sure what ones military background may have to do with running for the office of POTUS but the story posted here strikes me as rather odd, it was composed by a pilot.
Air losses accounted for 5% of fatalities in Iraq, 32% in Afghanistan while IEDs claimed three out of five hostile deaths.

The guys out driving around stood a better chance of not coming home.

If military career is important when running for office it's a poor argument in the coming election considering any candidate that has put a single day in any branch of our military service out ranks our current president.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
..……...“The closest he came to combat was ferrying other staffers around in an SUV: In his campaign kickoff speech last April he referred to “119 trips I took outside the wire, driving or guarding a vehicle.” That’s a strange thing to count. Combat sorties in an F-18 are carefully logged. Driving a car isn’t,” Mr Kelly and Ms Horgan wrote...……….

I wonder why an officer would be assigned as a driver?

In my day, that was typically a job of junior enlisted personnel.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So when do yall take up $20 a head and build him a rifle, and let him shoot a caged whitetail?

laugh

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
So when do yall take up $20 a head and build him a rifle, and let him shoot a caged whitetail?

laugh

Let it go dammit!!

laugh

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rear supply?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Super Remf aka Super Grover aka Pete the Pfaggot
119 episodes outside the wire.....
Spaghetti noodle arms and all on the steering wheel.......

That mutha fugga never had a schitty day in the military outside of fugging another dude in the Azz......

Last edited by renegade50; 02/11/20.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
“119 trips outside the wire”??? What was he doing, carving notches in his wood-bead seat cushion??

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
There is no honor in any fiber of the being known as a sodomite! no surprises here.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fburgtx
“119 trips outside the wire”??? What was he doing, carving notches in his wood-bead seat cushion??

You didn't know the heads were now wired? smile

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I wonder why an officer would be assigned as a driver?

In my day, that was typically a job of junior enlisted personnel.

Same here and my day was back in 1971+.

Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by reivertom
I wonder who he had to "do" to get that pud assignment? It sounds to me like he had it planned out so he could get something on his resume' for a future election.....I wonder if John Kerry is his mentor?

+1 . . . my thoughts exactly.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This and his “tourist” trip to Somalia. This guy creeps me out on every level, and the second homosexual within a decade closing in on the White House (three if you count Hillary).

Evil really does exist.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by reivertom

Doesn’t it make more sense that he’s had handlers for some time now?

Just like the Kenyan, no one will know his real story until he’s sitting in the Oval Office.

Last edited by kroo88; 02/12/20.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 21, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 3,357 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,296
Posts18,468,010
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.