Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 67 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 66 67
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just out of curiosity, did you get a flu shot? I got one myself, but you never know if they work or not.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by battue
And correct you are....good catch....

However, if he was at 0 on the RPE-rated perceived exertion-scale, it could be thought of as exercising intensely aerobic.

Yeah, I know. Your idea of "aerobically intense" is watching an old Jane Fonda exercise video.....

Come on now, Hanoi Jane?????

Denise Austin.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just out of curiosity, did you get a flu shot? I got one myself, but you never know if they work or not.

I did; get one every year- but the last three years have been batting 0 for 3 w/ the shot; my hunch is once my wife retires from the school district, our influenza rate will decrease dramatically smile

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And correct you are....good catch....

However, if he was at 0 on the RPE-rated perceived exertion-scale, it could be thought of as exercising intensely aerobic.

Yeah, I know. Your idea of "aerobically intense" is watching an old Jane Fonda exercise video.....

Come on now, Hanoi Jane?????

Denise Austin.

Sorry, when I saw that pic of you with the Jane Fonda leg warmers, I figured you for a fan.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Not even close. Those were gifted by Paige Hathaway. Hey it was worth it!!!!

Workout post, after haircut.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Get a facial while you're there. Trust me on this.....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Paige had a giggle over your comment....She said you should worry about yourself....She is soooo cool when she giggles. Opps, I mean she jiggles.... I know I'm bragging, but you wouldn't understand....

Eliptical: 10minute warmup

Weight/Cardio intervals: 30minutes

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Assualt Runner: 20minutes

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Rower: Easy cool down 10minutes

Last edited by battue; 02/12/20.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Skied today. Gorgeous sunny weather

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ribka
Skied today. Gorgeous sunny weather

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Looks like Schweiter.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
5 mile loop on the trails w/ Tiny Elvis ~ 600' gain; my lungs aren't a 100% yet, but getting there smile

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another week of workouts in the books. Bumped the bike to 75min and upped the intensity a little more. Added 10lbs to the pack for 2.5 miles at 3mph between 8-12% grade along with a little yoga and daily pushups. Need to clean up the diet a little more - mostly back off the carbs.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Scott
Another week of workouts in the books. Bumped the bike to 75min and upped the intensity a little more. Added 10lbs to the pack for 2.5 miles at 3mph between 8-12% grade along with a little yoga and daily pushups. Need to clean up the diet a little more - mostly back off the carbs.

Not all carbs are the same. Sugar is your absolute enemy. Moderate carbs and keep them good carbs, eliminate all the sugar you can. Drink lots of water!!!!!!!!!!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Whatever this "Limbaugh thread" is, it ain't me. On my children.

------

Got our JMT permit!! Woot woot! Actually, what we got, is a permit for about 95% of the JMT. The full permit is almost impossible to get. My wife pored over maps and figured a hack that gets us on it from a different spot. We can do the short remainder as a day hike or walk-up. Mike, I know you expressed interest, if you decide to go for it let me know and I'll hook you two up and she can explain what she came up with.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Carbs.... you really want to feel like you found a mir'cle drug... quit drinking. I haven't had a beer in ~ 6 weeks and it's pretty awesome. Stuff really puts a load on the system, even in moderation. I got a 2-week head start on it when I had the flu, and decided to just keep rolling.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
^ Cool! I'm going to be doing a pretty epic done in a day, run/hike in August, part of it on the JMT- the Rae Lakes Loop, 44 miles and a [bleep] ton of elevation change- should make for a loooong day smile

A buddy of mine and I still have the Sierra High Route (I think it parallels the JMT much of the time) on our to do list, not this year, but maybe next. He's thinking about coming out here in May and competing in the Bob Marshall Open- not sure why he wants to suffer so much laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We'll be on it in August. Hope to meet you there! smile

Ordering a quilt soon here. Just need to stop throwing all my $$ at the boat, haha. Guess I need a *^%# bear can too. We had to use bear cans on that Lost Coast trip a couple years ago (I borrowed one). If there's a more awkward thing to put in a backpack.... I'd much prefer an Ursack but they are not allowed on the JMT.

Edit: as far as specifics- like the Rae Lake Loop- my wife babbles on and on and on about that (did I mention she's obsessed with this? Lol) and it just goes WHOOSH! right over my head. She could probably draw a map of the JMT from memory. I know nothing. I actually prefer it that way. I mean I'll get maps before the trip, and load my app with maps too, but she'll be watching (again) youtubes and reading blogs... I'd rather hit it "fresh". That was one of the great things about Hell's Canyon last spring. Not many people do it (compared to the JMT) so there's not this huge volume of "intel" out there. Old school hike in that regard. I don't want to see every nook and cranny of a pack on my phone first, I want to see it with my eyes!

Last edited by Jeff_O; 02/14/20.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
yup I hear you smile

I'm sure she has, but ask her if she's heard of the Sierra High Route- not lots of data on it as it's almost off trail and not a lot of folks have done it

hit the gym this morning

deadlifts and overhead press for 5/3/1+/10 @ 75/85/95/70% of 1RM
lunges 3x30yds
chinups 3x13
core

am happy to report that the flu didn't seem to impact my strength much, I was able to hit 5 reps on both the deadlifts and press on my 1+ lift, which bodes very well for the next phase laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know she's looked into that, I've heard her mention it.

Did your flu present with fever? Mine did not, so at first I thought it was a bad cold. Then I found out that at least in my AO, the flu going aroun at typically doesn't manifest with fever, and it was like, ahhhh.... this isn't the worst two-week cold in history, it's flu. I felt like I'd been hit by a train. For two weeks. Not fun. My primary area of discomfort was upper chest, and it's still not right. Never really got "productive"'just a wracking cough and felt like my chest was in a vise.

I'm quite concerned I've damaged, or at a minimum sensitized, my lungs out in the shop. I use A9 aluminum cutting fluid like it was nothing and have for almost ten years now. These days, one whiff (puff coming off a hot cut) of it and my lungs clamp down. Aargh. Either that, and/or sulphered cutting/tapping fluid for steel. I was way too casual about breathing the smoke from it last couple years when I was up to my gills in that work I talked about. I threaded hundreds of stainless shafts on the lathe. It would get hazy in the shop. Double aargh.

Just got word my customer can't take delivery today, so I'm off the hook. Away I go to spend money on the boat. smile I've just about got her sorted to my satisfaction. It's helped that the ocean has been insane since early December, nobody has been able to get out, in sport boats anyway. Buying stuff for the "ditch bag" today, which is like a bugout bag for boats, but minus the guns and ammo and paranoia. smile

JMT gives a great long range goal to train for. It'll be almost 3 weeks on trail and some crazy number of high mountain passes over 10k feet. Yikes.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 02/14/20.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Scott

Not all carbs are the same. Sugar is your absolute enemy. Moderate carbs and keep them good carbs, eliminate all the sugar you can. Drink lots of water!!!!!!!!!!

Yep - I was referring to breads, pretzels, and the such. Keeping the simple stuff like sweet taters and rice. I try to drink 4-5 16oz bottles of water a day.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I had a mild fever, achy joints, big time chest congestion- my cough is now productive (crap coming out of my head too) but fortunately has subsided greatly; I was occasionally having coughing fits where I could barely catch my breathe- fun times laugh

4 miles and ~ 400' of gain for Tiny Elvis and I this afternoon- definitely not a 100%, but slowly will get there smile

Page 13 of 67 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
376 members (204guy, 280shooter, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 45 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,724
Posts18,400,599
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.