Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

A man who was one of four people attacked by a pit bull Saturday in a Plainfield home died from his injuries, authorities said Tuesday.

Plainfield police and firefighters were called to a home in the 22900 block of Judith Drive about 9:15 p.m. Saturday when the family’s pet pit bull began mauling people there, seriously injuring the 25-year-old man before biting three other people, authorities said. Because the male pit bull continued acting aggressively toward emergency crews when they arrived, the animal was shot by a Plainfield police officer, a Will County animal control representative said Tuesday.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...11-kxmuhk2favehldxxi22jhgqycm-story.html

A day or so prior..

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...ter-attack-from-familys-pitbull/2307425/

A 5-year-old boy died after he was attacked by the family's pit bull dog Monday in Oro Grande, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said.

The attack took place in the 15100 block of Portland Street around 2:57 p.m., the department said.

The boy was with an adult family member and there was no known reason why the dog attacked the child, Sgt. Jeff Allison of the SB County Sheriff's Department said.

Week or so ago

NEW YORK -
A dangerous pit bull running loose on Hoyt Street in Spring Valley, NY, attacked a baby boy taking a walk with his sister on the quiet block.

The vicious canine attacked a one-year-old Jewish boy after throwing down the child’s sister who was watching him. The girl suffered a minor injury to her leg, but the dog grabbed at the baby, trying to pull him away.

A member of Chaveirim of Rockland who observed what was transpiring immediately ran to the scene and tried defending the children. He saw that the dog had locked its jaw on he baby’s garment, and he immediately drew a knife and cut the child garment to release it from the dog’s grip.

A young man ran over to help, and he was severely bitten by the pit-bull, suffering several deep bite wounds on his hand and arm.

https://hamodia.com/2020/01/07/pitbull-attack-spring-valley/

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Breed needs to see extinction.

NRA Patron
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yep, they definitely have a few screws loose.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Pit Bull Derangement Syndrome... It goes both ways.

Some of you need to need to get a life beyond unbridled fear/hatred of pits. Get some balance for heaven's sake! On the other hand, druggies and other low lifes that want an attack dog gravitate toward getting a pit and making it mean, over other breeds, probably for good reason per breed.

Wife drove by Ironbender's driveway the other day, without stopping. We have been there with the dogs exactly twice. Honey Half-Lab recognized the driveway and was very upset that she didn't get to stop and play with Mike's Pit mix, or his daughter's full blood Pit, both of whom are nearly twice her size.

That said, I am more cautious around Pits/mixes, but that is true for German Shepard types, Dobies, and Rottys, than most other breeds as well, even after I know them fairly well.

Trust (to a point), but verify.

I suspect pits do attack more often than any other breed, partly because of latter day breeding genetics, and partly ownership issues. Pit attacks are also more likely to be reported for the sensualism more than any other breed attack.

Last edited by las; 02/12/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have no fear of pit bulls. Only took one bullet for each of them. They only have to growl at me once in my land and they are done.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

I suspect pits do attack more often than any other breed, partly because of latter day breeding genetics, and partly ownership issues. Pit attacks are also more likely to be reported for the sensualism more than any other breed attack AND JUST MAYBE A BIT POSSIBLY DUE TO THE UNPARRALELED EXTENT OF INJURIES TO THEIR VICTIMS.[/quote] FIXT

I guess if animals attack because of their owners, breeding or rabies they should be given a pass.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Choot em, choot em.....

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
They only have to growl at me once

not much mystery as to what they're thinkin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i heard that colorado is possibly repealing the ban on pits

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Kill em all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's all they do better than any other breed, attack and kill.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
And Denver is considering eliminating their ban on the breed.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/12/20.

1Minute
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by 1minute
And Denver is considering eliminating there ban on the breed.

must be what i heard

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bay News 9 Florida

FEB. 10, 2020
Officials say over the weekend the woman, identified by her son-in-law, Ruben Dinis, as Debra Beaulieu, was airlifted from Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point to a Manatee County hospital where she will receive specialized treatment for her wounds. She is listed in critical condition.....

"My mother-in-law was in her own backyard when she got attacked."

On Friday, officials said four large dogs got out of a home at 11079 Mayflower Road and attacked a woman....

One of the residents whose fiance got bitten while trying to stop the attack said it looked like they were eating her alive.

Update: Hernando Dog Attack Victim in Critical Condition

Originally Posted by Pack of Loose Dogs Attacks Woman

FEB. 07, 2020
The woman was critically injured in the attack and transported to a trauma center.
Nienhuis identified two of the dogs involved as bull mastiffs and the others as "pit bull-type" dogs.

“Who knows how long the attack would’ve gone on, and I think it would be extremely fair to say that she probably would have not survived," Nienhuis explained. "Because those dogs were that intent on doing that much damage with four or five people trying to get them off, they would not have stopped without intervention.”

Pack of Loose Dogs Attacks Woman

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by sse
i heard that colorado is possibly repealing the ban on pits

City of Denver.
Approved by legislature and on the mayors desk. He has not said if he will sign. That’s what local radio said this morn.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by 1minute
And Denver is considering eliminating there ban on the breed.

must be what i heard

That's the way lieberals think: head inserted in ass.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There may be some kind of defect in the brain of these animals that allows them to suddenly turn on their owners.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from thumbor.forbes.com]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Lock a couple of them in the mayor's car for a few hours before he heads for home if he signs that bill into law.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.