Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Do we know that these people didn't deserve to be mauled? Some people have it coming, and pits are just the right dogs for the task.

I dont believe anyone deserves to be mauled by a dog . This is.... Perhaps the weirdest response I've read on this forum .

That is called being facetious.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I certainly wouldn’t wait on a cop to shoot the dog.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I probably have averaged 5 or 6 a year for the last 32 years. My melanin enhanced neighbors have learned if they come my way they aint comin back home.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Q: How many weeks of training were required to produce this pointing GSP pup?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]nearest gas station to our location

Answer: Zero. Pointing is in their nature. Apply same reasoning to Pits and .. well, you get statistics that indicate the breed is unstable and prone to biting. There isn't any mystery about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beautiful pup

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Mac84
Beautiful pup

Not mine, but I couldn't agree more.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I have no interest in owning a dog that could kill, maim or cripple me. Dogs operate by dog rules, we don’t always like the result.

The only way to meet your criteria is to own a teeny-tiny dog. I have seen what a 45lb female German Shorthaired Pointer can do to an 18YO illegal alien menacing a toddler. The mojado was lucky the owner called the female GSP off. Mojado had plenty of warning by humans and dog to back off. But mojados have a thing for young girls and it took a significant blood donation to the pavement to get him to stop.

Female 45lb GSP never bit (a human) before or after that day. Feathered and furred critters were another story.

Point being, dogs don't have to be that big to kill, and that a happy, friendly, and generally docile GSP rightly figured out there was a threat to her favorite person. And was willing and able to fight and kill when backed into a corner with her person.

So if you are serious about your requirement, nothing larger than maybe a small beagle (25lbs) ought to be an option.

==============

Which reminds me of another point: dogs are just one critter folks keep that can cause serious harm to people. Horses, cattle, and billy goats can kill or maim. Owners have to be responsible with any animal of theirs, lest it harm a human.

Last edited by jfruser; 02/13/20.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Do we know that these people didn't deserve to be mauled? Some people have it coming, and pits are just the right dogs for the task.

I dont believe anyone deserves to be mauled by a dog . This is.... Perhaps the weirdest response I've read on this forum .

That is called being facetious.

my apologies then, you had me worried

.... like tears in the rain
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ive have owned and trained bird dogs most of my life

Can you provide some statistics of all the people and dogs killed by GSP's the past 25 years in unproked or even provoked attacks?

Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I have no interest in owning a dog that could kill, maim or cripple me. Dogs operate by dog rules, we don’t always like the result.

The only way to meet your criteria is to own a teeny-tiny dog. I have seen what a 45lb female German Shorthaired Pointer can do to an 18YO illegal alien menacing a toddler. The mojado was lucky the owner called the female GSP off. Mojado had plenty of warning by humans and dog to back off. But mojados have a thing for young girls and it took a significant blood donation to the pavement to get him to stop.

Female 45lb GSP never bit (a human) before or after that day. Feathered and furred critters were another story.

Point being, dogs don't have to be that big to kill, and that a happy, friendly, and generally docile GSP rightly figured out there was a threat to her favorite person. And was willing and able to fight and kill when backed into a corner with her person.

So if you are serious about your requirement, nothing larger than maybe a small beagle (25lbs) ought to be an option.

==============

Which reminds me of another point: dogs are just one critter folks keep that can cause serious harm to people. Horses, cattle, and billy goats can kill or maim. Owners have to be responsible with any animal of theirs, lest it harm a human.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know a guy who isn't tolerant of pits and recently shot one that was on his farm ground.

Guy isn't a very good shot and sent a 55 grain V-Max right through it's guts. Guess the dog went straight down and made a very mournful howl right before the guy stuck another bullet in the fuucker.

I have ZERO use for them.

IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Neighbor let's her pit run free. One bit our other neighbor on the elbow when she was jogging. Broke skin but didn't require stitches. She still lets them run. One came after me on my 4 wheeler one day so I rode home and grabbed my LCRx. I went back down the same road but didn't see it again.

I don't like having them run free when I have small kids. I called her and let her know but she acted like her dogs would never do that. The neighbor that got bit would not report it to the police because they weed trying "to be nice." The dogs would be wise not to come on my property.

Bb

A few bullet holes in her attic roof could cure that.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

344 members (1lesfox, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 30 invisible), 2,715 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,748
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.