Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by rem shooter
bean counters killing off another great company ,

Bean Counters ie: Cost Accountants are hired by Mgmt. Managment of Leupold is at fault.....

How so?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Bean Counters ie: Cost Accountants are hired by Mgmt. Managment of Leupold is at fault.....

How so?

Cost Accountants give Management numbers , Management decides whether to implement or not.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

What indicators are currently known to you this is true:

What are the bean boys telling management? Is Leupold close to turning off the lights? Are they not turning a profit? Laying off employees? Current cash in reserves? Planning on going public, due to the need to raise cash?

Some here are even upset that certain employees are wearing the flat brim hats that are currently popular with younger shooters and have tattoos. Doesn’t management realize the future is with the old farts who will soon not be shooting or hunting?

Last edited by battue; 02/12/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Sonny boy, I been hunting since only sailors and whores had tattoos!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Probably have you beat, scrimshaw is not too far back in my past and they wore those goofy three pointed hats...

Leupold will surely go to hell if they discontinue the fixed 3 and 4...Damn bean counters.....

Last edited by battue; 02/12/20.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I like my tough, simple, compact, and lightweight Leupold 1-4x20, 2x7, and 3-9x40 scopes.

I might try a Weaver V3 next though. For it's wider FOV

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Look for a good used Weaver V3 since Weaver and Nikon are now history.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm inclined to purchase exactly what I want as opposed to doing conversions on something I don't.

Also, I never send an item to anyone without a front end conversation.

Imagine what our future frustrations will amount to now that electronics are being added to scopes. Components will be out of date and/or production in 6 months.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/12/20.

1Minute
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by BIG_JOE
Look for a good used Weaver V3 since Weaver and Nikon are now history.

Really? I didn't know about Weaver.

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Guys, I'm sorry I posted. First, I didn't know the custom shop was closed. I bought the scope knowing I wouldn't use the CDS but not knowing it would have to go to the custom shop to be removed. The red dot was totally unacceptable so I sent it back like any person that cares about their equipment would. I didn't know about the dot before buying it. When I began to pack it up, I thought I would ask them to remove the turret as well. I had no sneaky under handed plan. From now own I suggest anyone w/a problem run it buy [bleep] Skane or know it all Mt. Boomer before listing it on the fire, to see what their opinion is. Some people are just like SH...very shallow men. My intention was only my way of letting people here know that there are a lot of changes coming down the pipe at Leupold...and some may be not so good. Thanks, powdr

Last edited by powdr; 02/12/20.
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have quite a few Leupold scopes, I like them, haven’t had any problems. I’m sorry you did.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Wow, I really toned it back.... Poor ol'pwdr can't get a break.

The dot is a simple warranty issue. Nothing has been or not been done yet and the whine is flowing. Phucqk's sake!

Try

WTB Leupold VX-R 3-9x40 Firedot Duplex ABSOPHUCKINGLUTELY not CDS

--- Kid Rock 2022

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Powdr,

Thanks for informing is of the experience with Leupold. There was a time if I needed a scope that it would no question be a Leupold. These days , I’m going to Meopta for the same price point.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks Hanco, I've been a Leupold man for going on 50 years. It's only really changed in the last 10 years or so. Crappy service, more variations of scopes than they can grace over and more than they can keep up with.

Outdoors, I have a Schmidt&Bender, 5 Leupolds and 2 Burris scopes but that is fixing to change. They just can't be trusted w/my money any longer. YMMV powdr

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Part of the problem is that Leupold has a higher cost US based labor pool but most of the new competitors that have "great values" on their scopes manufacture in Asia. Many of us lament the decline in US manufacturing but then turn around and buy a cheaper China made scope.

We can't have it both ways.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by silver78
Part of the problem is that Leupold has a higher cost US based labor pool but most of the new competitors that have "great values" on their scopes manufacture in Asia. Many of us lament the decline in US manufacturing but then turn around and buy a cheaper China made scope.

We can't have it both ways.

Some of the best scopes produced in the world are made in Japan and they aren't inexpensive.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bought used without checking for defects. Leupold will fix for free.
Mad they won’t pay for shipping on a scope he didn’t buy from them.
Same scope was something he didn’t really want. Which can be corrected when the Custom Shop reopens. Wants them to do it now for him, because he is for some reason special.

Whines on Campfire Leupold has lousy customer service

Last edited by battue; 02/13/20.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by battue
Bought used without checking for defects. Leupold will fix for free.
Mad they won’t pay for shipping on a scope he didn’t buy from them.
Same scope was something he didn’t really want. Which can be corrected when the Custom Shop reopens. Wants them to do it now for him, because he is for some reason special.

Whines on Campfire Leupold has lousy customer service

Thus has been common practice for many because if Leupold's lifetime warranty wijout restrictions. It appears that Leupold can no longer afford to honor thevwarrenty that they expressed.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In 2018 I bought a used rifle with a gloss Leupold Vari-Xii on it. The scope wouldn't quite focus all the way, had some blur. Sent it in and three weeks later I got a brand new gloss VX2 in the mail. Last October a co-worker had a gloss Vari-Xii that looked like you were looking through a straw. About five weeks later he got it back completely rebuilt with a list of all the parts replaced. I find them to be a great company!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by powdr
I bought the scope knowing I wouldn't use the CDS but not knowing it would have to go to the custom shop to be removed. The red dot was totally unacceptable so I sent it back like any person that cares about their equipment would. I didn't know about the dot before buying it. When I began to pack it up, I thought I would ask them to remove the turret as well. I had no sneaky under handed plan. From now own I suggest anyone w/a problem run it buy [bleep] Skane or know it all Mt. Boomer before listing it on the fire, to see what their opinion is. Some people are just like SH...very shallow men. My intention was only my way of letting people here know that there are a lot of changes coming down the pipe at Leupold...and some may be not so good. Thanks, powdr

This has nothing to do with me being a know-it-all – frankly, I'm wrong more in a day than I am right. But I am a realist.
You were mad because you approached this like you do every other dang thing here; like a true tightss, thinking you'd get something for nothing – like it's somehow owed to you.
All one needs to do is watch your WTB ads in the classifieds for a quick study in the powdr-modus-operandi.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
258 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 1,736 guests, and 909 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.