Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Tracks
Too old to shovel snow, Next year going to electric start self propelled snow blower, which will assure I'll never see snow again. grin
Wish I had some way of knowing I should have done it before this winter.

Most have the electric start now. Make sure you can get one that you can maneuver easy enough. Mine is getting heavier and harder to mover every year.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Boise
Powered snow removal is the only way to go. I'll shovel a short sidewalk but that's my limit and even then I generally try the leaf blower first. Four wheeler with plow or the UTV with plow come out pretty quick at my place.

How often do you have to shovel/plow/snowblow?

Every time it snows, I won't tolerate an ice covered walk or driveway. Used the 4 wheeler with plow yesterday and had the leaf blower out this morning doing the walkways. If we get more than a few inches I get out the UTV and do a mile of dirt road. How often was your question, on the average weekly is my quess.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Glad we don’t have to do that down here. As much as I hate the heat, I’d rather deal with it than have it so cold!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salty303
If you've already got an atv probably a third the cost of a snow blower its a no brainer. Provided you already have the atv of course. I may not have gone looking for a plow but one came with my machine when I bought it used. .

Cost me about a grand to outfit my ATV with a Warn set-up, 5" plow blade, winch, and brackets.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most snowblowers will have a bolted shear pin on one side, and a removable pin on the other so you can change from a locked axle driving both wheels to a more manoeuverable single wheel drive.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Shoveling snow do suck,for sure..I used to do it for beer money when I was younger..Now for exercise..LOL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by aalf
If you've already got an atv probably a third the cost of a snow blower its a no brainer. Provided you already have the atv of course. I may not have gone looking for a plow but one came with my machine when I bought it used. .

Cost me about a grand to outfit my ATV with a Warn set-up, 5" plow blade, winch, and brackets.

You must have to make a lot of passes with a 5 inch blade. grin

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I use this now to plow our snow now and don't do roofs anymore...Still some shoveling to do but not much..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by aalf

You must have to make a lot of passes with a 5 inch blade. grin

Ooooops.....yeah, even a skiff is an all day affair.... tired

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup, best thing I did was buy a snowblower out here, then even better a Polaris ranger and snow plow attachment for it.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Boise
Powered snow removal is the only way to go. .

Damn straight.. This does 99% of snow removal here:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]image sharing

Last edited by Redneck; 02/13/20.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The best way to remove snow... pay someone.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by KFWA
be careful

shoveling snow is a noted cause of heart attacks

Shoveling snow is best left to women. When was the last time you heard of a woman dying of a heart attack from shoveling snow? It must not affect them the same as it does men. grin

Last edited by mart; 03/04/20.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Timbermaster: Suggestion - I say move on down from the "extremes" up there "high in the Madison Range" to say Ennis!
I have only shovelled ONCE this winter and really did not need to do that one - Dillon area.
In full disclosure I did get stuck in a wind caused snowdrift one morning last month in our "drive" - heading out early for a gunshow!
The VarmintWife was not pleased having to get up early get dressed and come and tow me out. I was trying to get by in my high mileage (33 MPG!) two wheel drive Chevrolet Malibu on a snowy morn.
Most snow we have had on the ground this winter was 12" - and that did tie a 22 year long record here.
Again sell the view from high up and move on down into the Madison Valley.
Shoveling snow is a young mans game.
He-he.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (16penny, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 44 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,812
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.