24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A friend of my son who hunts with us just informed me he was at the ER diagnosed with Bell's palsy..He doesn't seem too worried even though he's 42 however jokingly he said he might need a bib for this evenings supper..

Just wondered if you may have had an episode and how was the outcome?

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Get him checked for Lyme disease. Thats a common Lyme symptom. That is how I found out I had it. Antibiotics for a month, not to bad , but if it goes undiagnosed he can have alot worse symptoms.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

My mom had it not long after having a stroke and carotid artery surgery. She was told it was a nerve issue and was normally temporary and would go away soon on it's own which it did shortly after. At first we were worried that she had had another stroke.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My thirty five year old son had an episode last year. They told him not to worry about it as it was temporary and would go away on it own- which it did after a week and half or two weeks. They mentioned the connection to Lyme as well. He’s been fine ever since.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wondering if he’s been or being prescribed gabapentin for another issue?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got it in my mid 20's when I ignored a chronic earache. The nerve that controls half your face crosses over your ear canal.

At church one morning and noticed I was having trouble singing the words correctly like I was drinking. By that night I couldn't close my left eye or the left side of my mouth couldn't raise my left eyebrow

Doc told me a small number of people never fully recover. Gave me steroids and told me to wear an eye patch - in about a month I was back to normal

I remember having dinner with my wife one night shortly after, wearing my eye patch, trying to chew food and it fell out of my mouth. The look on her face was "I didn't sign up for this"

Last edited by KFWA; 02/13/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Similar to true stroke victims though one does need to be careful of choking on food unaware of still in the mouth on the affected side.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
Gave me steroids and told me to wear an eye patch

This is exactly what they did for him & said it would most likely be history in a week..

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yea probably a week to get functionality but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a bit longer to get full strength back.

no side effects other than the steroids made me eat like a horse

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
A buddy of mine got it in college. Same deal, 'roids and time fixed it. Funny thing was he also ate like a horse and had terrific results at the gym. I ended up wanting some Bell's Palsy for myself.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
pirate jokes got old quick

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
My father had an episode with it, and didn't get it taken care of quickly, it took him a LONG time to recover. It happened when he was on an out-of-state fishing trip, and he dawdled on getting to the doctor.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord

Why, what are you driving at? Just curious.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I had it back in 1986 or so. Woke up with the right side of my face dead. Straight down the midline.

Seems like I was on a steroid, probably Prednisone, for about a week.

Symptoms went away and never came back.

My daughter whos about 7 at the time thought it was hilarious.

All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void. � Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (2 Cranch) 137 (1803)
NRA LIfe Member
GOA
SAF
CCRKBA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by slumlord

Why, what are you driving at? Just curious.
it does wonky stuff to nerves, sometimes it helps wonky stuff for nerves

Just my own data interests

I will add, for me, a six pack and 800 mgs of gabapentin is like a twelve 12 pack without gabapentin

Just throwin that out there i you was to stumble across some gabbas in grandma’s medicine drawer laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I had it. it :hit" when I was in the stack getting ready to come aboard. Thought I was having a stroke! Didn't even ground me. IT is an inflammation of the nerves ( I think eight of them) that go through a hole in your jaw and either the hole or the nerves get inflamed. There is no medicine for it and it does go away.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
A guy I worked for had Bell's Palsy. He was a fairly young guy and over it in a month or two.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Had it in my late teens, the left side of my face literally dropped for a week or two and then eventually back to normal 100%.

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I had it. it :hit" when I was in the stack getting ready to come aboard. Thought I was having a stroke! Didn't even ground me. IT is an inflammation of the nerves ( I think eight of them) that go through a hole in your jaw and either the hole or the nerves get inflamed. There is no medicine for it and it does go away.

Pucker factor x10 !

Woody

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 222ND, 76 invisible), 2,793 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.