Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
For the past few days, and right now, an old Huey helicopter painted dull yellow, the engines painted red, has been circling Biscayne Bay between I 195 and the 79th street causeway here in Miami. It then swoops low, just above the water, and two or three divers jump out.
The helicopter then leaves, circles a few times, and then flys low, hovers and retrieves the divers. Then repeats a few more times.

Sam......

BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nadler and Schiff for brains training to do assault on Mar-a-Lago to gather evidence for Impeachathon.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Nadler and Schiff for brains training to do assault on Mar-a-Lago to gather evidence for Impeachathon.

LOL

Schitt For Brains Schiff would sink straight to the bottom from all the rocks in his head. Nadler would beach like a bloated dead whale.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/13/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sounds like they're training for jumping out of a helicopter into the water, followed by retrieval.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Nadler would beach like a bloated dead whale.

If by some miracle of physics he became fully submerged, I wonder how big the flippers would have to be to keep him under? The ballast belt/vest would certainly be impressive.

Originally Posted by smokepole
Sounds like they're training for jumping out of a helicopter into the water, followed by retrieval.

#Baywatch?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The BP is still using Huey's (albeit being phased out).

Maybe they are training how to jump on wetback's heads while their swimming.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Insightful!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Probably Coast Guard swimmers training.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Laughing, yeah, well duh. It’s not an agency, the’ copter is old and unmarked. I just find this an odd thing.
Training who for what?

Sam......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Insightful!

Nothing gets by me.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
For the past few days, and right now, an old Huey helicopter painted dull yellow, the engines painted red, has been circling Biscayne Bay between I 195 and the 79th street causeway here in Miami. It then swoops low, just above the water, and two or three divers jump out.
The helicopter then leaves, circles a few times, and then flys low, hovers and retrieves the divers. Then repeats a few more times.

You’re just paranoid.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
................................continued BS waste of tax payer dollars, spend it or we cant get a match next year! crazy

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Mannlicher

No idea why the old Huey and paint scheme but maybe it's a repeat of this from back in 2011?

Coast Guard and NOAA conduct diver emergency training

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well that could explain the weirdly painted helicopter, if it were NOAA. There they have a presence here in Miami. In each case I could observe, the divers jumped separately, and were retrieved separately. This was happening about a quarter mile from my condo building. With the binoculars, I had a good view. Not good cough to read the tail numbers on the helicopter though.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't watching you. laugh

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sam,
The Canadian military uses helicopters with those colors to do search and rescue missions (CH 146 Griffons), as do a number of other countries. Might be some snowbirds down here participating in some SAR training. I was over that way today for the boat show, but didn’t notice the helicopter. Another thought might be a private company or SAR group doing some product or training demonstration going along with the boat show. If I see the copter I’ll try to get some info on it.

At least it’s not a black helicopter. 😉

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Capt, it was an old ‘copter, but fully rigged for SAR. Lights, winch, and very well handled. I noted that his hover attitude kept the spray away from the folks in the water. Very rapid extractions as well. Impressive to watch, but I have no clue as to what entity was involved.

Edit: Capt, you have identified the helicopter. I thought it was a Huey, and it kinda is. Mystery solved. Thanks.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 02/13/20.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's Miami Dade certifying their dive guys for chopper jumps.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Mannlicher: Paranoia is NOT good for ones soul!
It'll be alright.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
It's Miami Dade certifying their dive guys for chopper jumps.

It is definitely a Canadian helicopter

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
144 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,429 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,899
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.