Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Went to join Planet Fitness this afternoon .

Was handed an I-pad info. needed - name, address, date of birth, home phone, cell phone, bank account routing number, account number, bank card number , expiration date, 3 digit CVC card verification number, Email , employer , 2 emergency contact names numbers,

I had to agree to all the terms but never heard or saw the terms or i couldn't precede .

Erased bank info. , email , and fake phone number i gave them handed fat girl the I-pad - told her it was too intrusive .

Asked if I could just pay in full for a one year membership -NO .

Asked how can I join without giving bank info. ? YOU CAN'T .

Three more things they'd have 100% of my information SS# , fingerprint , mugshot . LAF .

Some fishychitt going on with an operation like that - makes zero sense .

And the SPECIAL OFFER came out to 4X'$ what the Ad stated . .

Looked around while sitting there in amazement that all these man-bun boys and girls dole this info. out freely . And people wonder how their credit and banking gets ripped off .

Where I sat with the I-pad [interrogation-pad] was 6 tables w/4chairs each table - over half the seats contained man-buns/honeybuns looking at their phones - appearing to be trying to lay down in the small aluminum chair .

Flarduh -yeah- FunnyChitt i tell ya...

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
BP-B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Ok.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I joined Planet Fatness a few years ago and they just let me in.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Back to your recliner and bag of 'tato chips!

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ol mike: They sell yourshit!
I recently received a summons for jury duty and refused to give those sons of bitches and daughters of whores at the district court my home phone number, cell phone number and my E-mail address!
His honor was miffed but I stood fast.
DO NOT give YOUR social security number or contact information to ANYONE!
PERIOD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In all seriousness. I had the same issue with them.

Talk to a manager, they will set it up for you and let you pay by cash/check. At least you did when I was using it.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been a Gold's Gym member for years, can't recall 'em asking for all of that. All they got on me is a credit card that has pretty good fraud protection.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
No way would I give that amount of personal data.

NRA Patron
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I've been a Gold's Gym member for years, can't recall 'em asking for all of that. All they got on me is a credit card that has pretty good fraud protection.

I'm a Gold member now - membership expires soon . Planet is a 1/4 - 1/3 mile from me and cheaper [i thought] - Golds is 4 miles .
Golds has never turned down a check for a years membership VarmintGuy is likely right - they're doing something with all that information they insist on getting .

Bocajnala , piss on that place - didn't like what i saw in there anyway .

Last edited by ol_mike; 02/13/20.

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Was handed an I-pad info. needed - name, address, date of birth, home phone, cell phone, bank account routing number, account number, bank card number , expiration date, 3 digit CVC card verification number, Email , employer , 2 emergency contact names numbers,

I had to agree to all the terms but never heard or saw the terms or i couldn't precede .

Erased bank info. , email , and fake phone number i gave them handed fat girl the I-pad - told her it was too intrusive .

Three more things they'd have 100% of my information SS# , fingerprint , mugshot . LAF .

Looked around while sitting there in amazement that all these man-bun boys and girls dole this info. out freely . And people wonder how their credit and banking gets ripped off .

Where I sat with the I-pad [interrogation-pad] was 6 tables w/4chairs each table - over half the seats contained man-buns/honeybuns looking at their phones - appearing to be trying to lay down in the small aluminum chair .

I experienced the same thing a few years ago and also offered cash in advance which they refused.
Told them I was the wrong demographic, they were looking for indoctrinated retards from their own generation.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
IC B3

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Originally Posted by ol_mike

I experienced the same thing a few years ago and also offered cash in advance which they refused.
Told them I was the wrong demographic, they were looking for indoctrinated retards from their own generation.

HAHAAHAA laugh

Posted by Bristoe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rlott

shocked

They have plenty of members and more joining all the time. laugh laugh

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by rlott

shocked

They have plenty of members and more joining all the time. laugh laugh

Don't be a dik .

Posted by Bristoe
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I've belonged to Planet Fitness for three years, don't remember having to give all that info. Membership is $10.00/month deducted from my bank account. Don't believe they offer other than the monthly membership.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Everybody wants all your info so they can sell it.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They want your soul!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I work at a gym and we ask for almost the same amount of info. The reason they ask for all of it and a social is so the gym can collect the money owed if you default on payment. I'm sure a lot of the larger franchises sell personal info though. We will allow people to pay in full or go month to month without providing a SSN. The planet fitness near us only takes bank account info and will not take c/c's. Credit card #'s change all the time, most people bank account #'s don't so it's easier for them to collect the monthly dues.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
ol Mike....without getting into too many details....learn to live in today's world or punch out, buddy. I don't know about you, but I'll be 72 in June... still work a full-time, real job (not a Walmart greeter or some such)...this digital world is not that hard, the fuggin snowlflakes get by... adapt or die...

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It's the 21st century. Virtually all of my bills and all of my income from 3 different sources are automatically deposited or drafted from my checking account. My federal taxes will be automatically drafted on 4/15/20, and my state tax refund will be deposited any day now. Lots of people have access to your stuff already.

FWIW my wife and I both joined PF yesterday too. The gym we've been using is costing us about $300/year each. I've been writing a check once/year. Now we're paying $10/month for each of us automatically drafted from my bank account on the 17th of each month. I CAN pay cash each month if i bring it in by the 10th, but I'll just let them hit my checking account. It is a lot easier for them to be able to deduct from your bank each month than have to deal with collecting monthly payments from every member. In order to get in for $10/month they have to cut expenses somewhere. I'm sure you can find a gym that will let you pay yearly, but expect to pay 2X or 3X as much.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We road trip a lot and I will use a gym probably 1/week. I have never been refused cash payment for a "guest membership" for a day or a month. Crossfit Boxes will welcome you w/ open arms. If you have room in your house investigate the efficiency of a home gym. We have a treadmill, elliptical and a bike as well as free weights, kettlebells and rings. Privacy issues are important and I would guess that the manager in charge of the bottom line will accept cash, check or money order.

Hint, get a Nordic Track treadmill and a few kettlebells and become a monster.grin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 11point, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 87 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.