#14572029 02/14/20
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What do you think of the cheating?

I wasn't too sure it was a big deal until I started researching it a bit more and realized how big a deal it was to know the pitch that was coming. And then looking at the Home batting averages Vs. Away averages.

Do you think the punishments were enough? Too much? Too light?

The team owner didn't do himself or the team any favors with the interview yesterday. The reporters had him twisted up pretty good.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I think it sucks, good men got fired for what the players were doing!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It shouldn't have happened.

It didn't do them any good.

It made them look like schidt.

They have some great players, and I hope they can get past it. But I don't have the enthusiasm this season that I did the past couple of seasons.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They are cheaters! World Series title should be stripped, Altuve stripped of MVP, all players banned for life. A lot of people think it was OK, it wasn't

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You can't tell me that its just them that got caught. But maybe I'm wrong.

All in all its a shame and yet again another blight on pro sports which is again a reason I'll never watch pro sports again. KMA they all can. They don't play to enjoy, they play for the money and thats not worth it to watch when any of them will do whatever it takes to make an extra buck.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Been going on since day one for all teams and now everyone has their panties in a wad!

GO ASTROS!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Been going on since day one for all teams and now everyone has their panties in a wad!

GO ASTROS!!

Electronically? No.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sako76
They are cheaters! World Series title should be stripped, Altuve stripped of MVP, all players banned for life. A lot of people think it was OK, it wasn't

Agree 100%.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sako76

I may be wrong, but I thought George Springer was WS MVP?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Altuve was the 2017 American League MVP, he cheated all year long at home. Cheating POS!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the Astros are the ones that got caught............I believe all the teams are doing everything they can to gain an advantage. I know a kid that pitches for the Astros, maybe in a few years when he retires the real story can be told.

Last edited by centershot; 02/14/20.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just as bad as PED usage.....

Those Houston boys are gonna have some bruised ribs when they face some of the pitchers they cheated....

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by centershot
I think the Astros are the ones that got caught............I believe all the teams are doing everything they can to gain an advantage. I know a kid that pitches for the Astros, maybe in a few years when he retires the real story can be told.

This.

And from the beginning of time. (baseball time)

Black Cows Matter!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by muleshoe

This.

The Astros did it electronically, that’s considerably different than a player on second tipping signs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by callnum

This.

The Astros did it electronically, that’s considerably different than a player on second tipping signs.

Do you really believe that the Astros are the only ones that have ever used electronics to gain an advantage? I'm not saying it's right, but I sure as heck don't think they invented it.

Last edited by centershot; 02/14/20.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by callnum

This.

Yes and no...

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm have no dog in the fight as far as the Astros but its sports. People have been cheating/bending the rules since the first 2 guys ran a race. I bet half the teams or better have a similar scam and just didn't get caught.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Any team that cheats breaks the law of averages...

The law that says the average team member cannot keep their mouths shut.

The more people that are in on it, the higher the likelihood they will be caught.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Some players have always thought that the game should be a contest between players rather than involve any form of espionage - see Al Worthington.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
On the other hand, and I'm not advocating, but if you are giving signs that can be seen in public, then whats the deal?

Electronic cheating I don't get, but again I just despise sports for the money and crooked things involved.

But those who say its only the Astros( and again I'm not "for" the Astros etc) are nuts. I"ve seen it in so many things even nationals at Camp Perry. One of our shooters caught the coach taking signs from someone behind with a big scope and dumped all their shots off target so that we had no prayer of winning or placing. I just flat loved the we legally lost that day big time!

Either do it fair inside the rules or don't do it at all.

I suspect since its pro and money and lots of it involved, you won't find one single team out there that hasn't or isn't... cheating, in some form or fashion.

Sure beat the Astros to death but remember they are all doing it in some form. And ANY form is cheating. Plain and simple.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 44 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,398
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.