Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
During an interview this week on The Hill TV’s show “The Rising,” a senior adviser to Bernie Sanders, Chuck Rocha, said the campaign recently lost a staffer in South Carolina to Bloomberg.

“I’ve heard it in every state that we’ve been in,” said Rocha of the Bloomberg effect, adding that one staffer recently came to him and said, “‘Hey Chuck, I’m with Bernie, I’m gonna vote for Bernie, but I’m gonna go get this money, cuz he’s gonna double my salary and pay me till November and I’ve gotta pay my bills when this thing is over.’ And I was like, ‘Look brother, go do what you’ve gotta do. Out of respect, we’d still like your vote, and ask your mommy and daddy if they’ll vote for Bernie as well,’ and he goes, ‘Oh, no problem.’ That’s a real thing.”

The salaries being paid to Bloomberg staffers are well above market rates, and often come with housing included, as well as a laptop and an iPhone. One operative lured to Bloomberg’s office in New York said she observed a seemingly endless wall of iPhones stacked like bricks as far as she could see. Another said that Bloomberg offered a job to one operative who didn’t take it, but still received a laptop and iPhone from the campaign in the mail anyway, presumably by sheer dint of onboarding momentum. One progressive consultant in Arizona has lost multiple hires to Bloomberg and is having a hard time finding workers. “I have heard of new organizers being hired by Bloomberg and then saying they are secretly still knocking for Bernie,” the consultant said.

The Bloomberg campaign is offering field organizers, or FOs) $6,000 per month and guaranteed pay through November, and many have realized that if they demand more, they will likely get it, according to hiring managers. A typical salary for that position at the state or federal level might be $3,000 to $4,000, and multiple operatives in charge of hiring FOs say they’ve never had a harder time recruiting, and applicants are making extreme demands. Regional organizing directors are being offered $8,000 a month to start, significantly more than typical campaigns.

https://theintercept.com/2020/02/13/bloomberg-spending-local-state-campaigns/

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Won his first election in NY as Mayor throwing money around. 2nd go around he spent 3x as much to get re-elected. I guess he was not popular enough to go 3x.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Now,,,,,,where do we all sign up ?

Talk about fuggin up his campaign, we could do it and make some filthy lucre doing it!!

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Won his first election in NY as Mayor throwing money around. 2nd go around he spent 3x as much to get re-elected. I guess he was not popular enough to go 3x.

I think that Jon Corzine (ex Goldman Sachs) holds the record on governorship campaign spending for the Governor of New Jersey spot.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Like Don Jr. said on Hannity, "Money can't buy a personality".

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Ya know, I have enough accrued vacation to carry me through to Nov. I could have some fun in a Bloomberg office. Where do I sign up?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I could take sick leave until November.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Uh, he bought off the city council and got them to amend the 2X term limit in 2008 so he could run for the 3rd time. And won by about 4% points.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Between Styer and Blumberg NH tv stations have to be in the black for the next ten years. Those two advertising budgets probably could have solved Puerto Rico's latest round of "we can't service our state issued debt" issue. (Several times over)

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Between Styer and Blumberg NH tv stations have to be in the black for the next ten years. Those two advertising budgets probably could have solved Puerto Rico's latest round of "we can't service our state issued debt" issue. (Several times over)

That’s no joke. Something on the order of windfall profits.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Gotta be a black swan for the media industry these days when newspapers and tv stations are folding up like.... well newspapers.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Gotta be a black swan for the media industry these days when newspapers and tv stations are folding up like.... well newspapers.

Yep. This political go round for spending is gonna break all previous records I’m thinking.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Uh, he bought off the city council and got them to amend the 2X term limit in 2008 so he could run for the 3rd time. And won by about 4% points.

Stand corrected

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I wish he would throw some our way!!

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Doom azz is buying air time here in Idaho. I'm glad, cause it's fun to watch a rich fool blow his money.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Why is he wasting his money?
Someone has to win the Democratic primary in Idaho, and he probably figures he stands a better chance there than the other 2.
Looks like Sanders won in 2016 over Hillary. Will be interesting how Sanders stands up this time around in Idaho.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
bloomberg, steyer, ginsburg, soros, sanders....................hmmmm, I'm seeing that annoying pattern again.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
How is this different than Trump spending his own money in the last primary?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by JimFromTN

Trumps trying to save the country, not DESTROY it!

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
I could be wrong, but I believe Trump's campaign was unprecedented for it's lack of spending.

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
719 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 3,131 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,745
Posts18,401,279
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.