Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Using electronics and cameras is way below board. Not even in the same realm as a runner signaling because a catcher is a dumbazz.

Strip the title. No HOF for anyone on those teams.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
No HOF for anyone on those teams.

Why not?

Black Cows Matter!
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by hanco
I think it sucks, good men got fired for what the players were doing!

Each and every one of those "good men" knew what was going on.

Camp is where you make it.
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Sako76
They are cheaters! World Series title should be stripped, Altuve stripped of MVP, all players banned for life. A lot of people think it was OK, it wasn't

You know, I'm not that far away from that point of view right now. At first I thought "no way" should the series be stripped, but Someone should ask the Dodgers. lol

I do agree that Altuve should be stripped of the MVP. He didn't "earn" it.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Just as bad as PED usage.....

Those Houston boys are gonna have some bruised ribs when they face some of the pitchers they cheated....

I hope so.

There will be locker room issues elsewhere. The MN Twins have traded for players that were on the Astros and Dodgers. How's that conversation going to go? They autta just circle up in the locker room and get it out of their systems...

IC B2

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The more people that are in on it, the higher the likelihood they will be caught.

Exactly. But they had to have that monitor hard wired into the dugout. That means there was a cable run from the outfield camera, all around the damn staidum into the dugout. You can't tell me someone in management didn't know that. The owner was an embarrassment in the interviews yesterday. Saying he shouldn't be held responsible. He may not have know directly, but he does own the team and should be held responsible.

I love watching the Astros and would never count them out. Especially at home. Now we know why.... Disappointing.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rost495
On the other hand, and I'm not advocating, but if you are giving signs that can be seen in public, then whats the deal?

Have you played baseball? Past little league?

The difference is, if you don't have to ramp up for a 95 MPH and you know an off speed pitch is coming, you can cut loose on that SOB and land it in the seats.

But I agree, stealing signs is nothing new. Going to this extreme certainly appears to be though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sako76
They are cheaters! World Series title should be stripped, Altuve stripped of MVP, all players banned for life. A lot of people think it was OK, it wasn't

Stripped of WS title and
Anyone else cheating like this, it ruins the game, they should be baned Just like Pete Rose and the Black Sox were,

Astros and anyone else caught now have zero credibility.
I was a fan especially of Altuve no longer

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It shouldn't have happened.

It didn't do them any good.

It made them look like schidt.

They have some great players, and I hope they can get past it. But I don't have the enthusiasm this season that I did the past couple of seasons.

Originally Posted by centershot
I think the Astros are the ones that got caught............I believe all the teams are doing everything they can to gain an advantage. I know a kid that pitches for the Astros, maybe in a few years when he retires the real story can be told.

These two quotes pretty much sum the issue up for me...... I've been an Astro fan for years but what happened is not right under any circumstances. There is still far more to come out about this issue, I'm sure, and not all of it will involve just the Astros. MLB gave the teams the option to gain an electronic advantage with how the electronic re-play and scouting stuff was implemented. To think that the Astrso were the only ones to get involved is being very naive. The Astros were simply the ones who got caught beating on a trash can.

That said, again what the Astos did was 1000% wrong and I condemn it. However, for the poster who said some good people got fired as a result, as much as I've been an AJ Hinch fan, he failed miserable by not putting an extremely strong foot down immediately and nipping this in the bud when he first became aware. He didn't and as a result the inmates were allowed to run the asylum. The ironic part of this is that the two people who instigated this entire debacle are no longer with the Astros and both moved on to better places in their careers...... Carlos Beltran and Alex Cora. Yes, it cost them their future jobs too, but it speaks to the likely widespread idea that, "We won't get caught" The Astros got caught.......

As for those who equate this to simple on-field sign tipping and stealing that has been and is a part of the game, what happened with the Astros went beyond that when they started using real-time electronic information to gain an immediate on-field advantage.

MLB as a whole is on watch by the fans as a result, and MLB has a role in this too. Hopefully MLB will clean its act up and will not leave low hanging fruit for MLB teams to grab in a highly competitive market.........

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Been going on since day one for all teams and now everyone has their panties in a wad!

GO ASTROS!!

Electronically? No.

Cheating is cheating.....doesn't make one squats difference as to what kind!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All pro teams are looking for an advantage. I suspect the Astros are only the tip of the iceberg. Winning just puts the team to more scrutiny.
Rumors are visiting teams playing the Patriots cant have a conversation in the locker room. Old Bills listening.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
"Well, the other guy was doing it, too!" is not a defense. It didn't work in grade school for you and it shouldn't work now. The Astros got caught and now they should reap the whirlwind. The players were the ones who benefited from it and they should be punished. In my eyes, what they did is way worse than what Pete Rose did and he got a lifetime ban from baseball that has been in force for over 30 years now. I'd ban all the players on the Astros for life, and like Rose, have to prove to people that what they did had no affect. I can't be done and they should be done. The only reason MLB hasn't done so is that the Stros have so many "stars" that the MLB execs don't want to lose for marketing reasons.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
All of professional sports are more akin to sports entertainment. Cheating in all veins is common and people have gotten so used to the steroids, HGH, stealing signs, spying on play calls, replacing blood in the Tour de France et al. Think about the money.

Pete Rose arguably reignited baseball in the late 70s yet got black balled for betting on his own team later. McGuire, Soso, did the same in the 90s and Congress felt the need to have hearings...Beach Puhleez! Lots of examples all over the place.

The worse guy is the traitor who narc'd the Astros out after gladly being part of the team. Had he brought it during the season, that would be different.

I tell people all of the time that there is more integrity in stuff like WWF Sports Entertainment than the big three Professional Sports.

Astros should not be penalized at all. Most of the outrage from other players are likely misdirection so the focus stays away from themselves

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by MadMooner
No HOF for anyone on those teams.

Why not?

Their numbers (stats) are all skewed.

Everyone on the team should be kicked out of baseball, just like the White Sox were.

Last edited by sackett; 02/14/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think there's more bad news coming for the Astros and if it doesn't , Pete still belongs in the Hall.

All American

All the time
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 007FJ
All of professional sports are more akin to sports entertainment. Cheating in all veins is common and people have gotten so used to the steroids, HGH, stealing signs, spying on play calls, replacing blood in the Tour de France et al. Think about the money.

Pete Rose arguably reignited baseball in the late 70s yet got black balled for betting on his own team later. McGuire, Soso, did the same in the 90s and Congress felt the need to have hearings...Beach Puhleez! Lots of examples all over the place.

The worse guy is the traitor who narc'd the Astros out after gladly being part of the team. Had he brought it during the season, that would be different.

I tell people all of the time that there is more integrity in stuff like WWF Sports Entertainment than the big three Professional Sports.

Astros should not be penalized at all. Most of the outrage from other players are likely misdirection so the focus stays away from themselves

I think you hit the nail on the head right there. I think most teams better shut up and hope they are not next to be investigated.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
How can anybody be a fan of a Chevy soccer mom van???????

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
642 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,934 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,661
Posts18,399,311
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.