Print Thread
Hop To
R
rylee1 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I had a Polaris Ranger and while it was ok looking to try something else.

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The guys who work the gas wells here put a lot of miles on their machines. They say Honda.

Now with even more aplomb
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Bought my new '18 Teryx4 LE about 18 months ago.......

3300+ trouble free miles at this point....changed belt & plugs at 2800 miles

Easy to service....large 4+ quart oil capacity compared to most 2-3 qt in others

Three year factory warranty..opposed to 6-12 months with other mfg's

None are perfect..some quieter than others..look at your needs and wishes

Buying new ? Biggest option I suggest is full glass DOT vented windshield...buy once/cry once

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I had a 06 Yamaha Rhino which was a good machine but I now have a Honda Pioneer 700 delux and love it. A lot quieter than the Yamaha but I understand the Teryl is also a good machine. Know a guy with a Cam Am and nothing but trouble

R
rylee1 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Ended up with a Yamaha Viking. So far it seems like a good machine and will do the job for me.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rylee1
Ended up with a Yamaha Viking. So far it seems like a good machine and will do the job for me.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I've had mine for 3 years and have been very happy with it. Fox suspension sold by Yamaha is a worthwhile upgrade. Eliminates suspension sag, gets your clearance bag and the ride improvement is very noticeable.

David

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
We have a 2010 Teryx that has been nearly trouble free. I was so impressed, when we needed another SXS, we picked up a Mule FTX Pro which has been fantastic. Ours are used more for work than play but get used hard (the older Teryx actually has a usable bed for hauling). These things have proven so reliable I’d venture Kawi actually sees very few warranty claims even though the period is 36 months. I test drove both the Honda 700 and 1000 before buying the FTX pro. I particularly liked the 1000 (700 felt cramped). Those who have had transmission problems are pretty unhappy after expiration of Honda’s short warranty. I chose the reliability of the belt driven machines, and the availability of a low range.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkaddict
We have a 2010 Teryx that has been nearly trouble free. I was so impressed, when we needed another SXS, we picked up a Mule FTX Pro which has been fantastic. Ours are used more for work than play but get used hard (the older Teryx actually has a usable bed for hauling). These things have proven so reliable I’d venture Kawi actually sees very few warranty claims even though the period is 36 months. I test drove both the Honda 700 and 1000 before buying the FTX pro. I particularly liked the 1000 (700 felt cramped). Those who have had transmission problems are pretty unhappy after expiration of Honda’s short warranty. I chose the reliability of the belt driven machines, and the availability of a low range.

All I hear about is the necessity of travelling with a belt when operating belt driven machines. Leads me to consider machines that are not belt drives.

Seismic and oil companies in Alberta mostly use Honda because of ease of use and reliability.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had 3 Honda SXS's so far, an original (Ugly) Big Red, a Pioneer 700, and now, a Pioneer 1000. Not a single problem with any of them except for front shock bushing squeaks on the Big Red, easily fixed, though. Both the Big Red and the 700 now belong to fellow hunt camp members and get used hard. They have been bulletproof for them, despite the abuse meted out to them by the owners and their kids.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by elkaddict

All I hear about is the necessity of travelling with a belt when operating belt driven machines. Leads me to consider machines that are not belt drives.

Seismic and oil companies in Alberta mostly use Honda because of ease of use and reliability.
I was always against belt driven machines until I bought my 09 Rhino, now my opinion has changed since using that machine for everything from hunting to hauling cabin materials. I've changed the belt only once and that was only because I was working on cleaning the clutches and figured I might as well put a new one on while i'm in there but the old belt was still in pretty good shape.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

here (again) today

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by AB2506
[quote=elkaddict]We have a 2010 Teryx that has been nearly trouble free. I was so impressed, when we needed another SXS, we picked up a Mule FTX Pro which has been fantastic. Ours are used more for work than play but get used hard (the older Teryx actually has a usable bed for hauling). These things have proven so reliable I’d venture Kawi actually sees very few warranty claims even though the period is 36 months. I test drove both the Honda 700 and 1000 before buying the FTX pro. I particularly liked the 1000 (700 felt cramped). Those who have had transmission problems are pretty unhappy after expiration of Honda’s short warranty. I chose the reliability of the belt driven machines, and the availability of a low range.

I know of a dozen Atv’s and s by s that are 15 years old and none have ever broken a belt or even needed one replaced (these were Yamaha, Kawi and Suzuki machines). If you’re thinking they’re like snowmobiles, in my experience, you are mistaken. Granted, these were 4 stroke 450-700cc machines. Can’t speak for the high performance machines that are such the draw these days.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I have a 2011 teryx le 2 seater It has been trouble free and we work it. The only problem I have had is sticks coming thru the floorboard only happened twice , but is something to consider if you plan on having dogs sitting there. Kawasaki has a fix and covers it under warranty except for my year......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My current 2013 Polaris Ranger XP900 has proven to be a very durable machine. I have about 4000 miles of hard use on it primarily for hunting and work around the farm. Buddy has a Yamaha Teryx. It seems to be a reliable machine but its so freaking loud you can't hear yourself think when riding in it. i'm torn right now between a new Polaris Ranger 1000 or a Honda Pioneer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yamaha doesn't make the teryx - Kawasaki does.

Me

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My current 2013 Polaris Ranger XP900 has proven to be a very durable machine. I have about 4000 miles of hard use on it primarily for hunting and work around the farm. Buddy has a Yamaha Teryx. It seems to be a reliable machine but its so freaking loud you can't hear yourself think when riding in it. i'm torn right now between a new Polaris Ranger 1000 or a Honda Pioneer.

We ordered a Tracker (Artic Cat) from Bass Pro because it is so quiet. Have ridden in several others and cannot stand the engine noise. Hopefully it proves to be dependable....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I sold my Polaris and bought a Honda. Hands down, the Honda is a WAY nicer machine.

Tony

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
677 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 81 invisible), 2,904 guests, and 1,435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.