Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
25 outside right now

We gotta run to town and do our usual errands

Hope to take the Rhino in to the National Forest behind the house and see if we can find any elk. Saw elk track yesterday but all we saw was mule deer.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A balmy 25 with a windchill of 17 degrees this morning. I thought about going to the range but its too cold for me to sit still. smile

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Fort Leonard Wood made Fort Still look very nice.

My son is there.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm not sure if I ever did get all that red dirt washed off my back. laugh

We would hear artillery in Marlow as the 105's roared and crews practiced on Sill's live fire range.

When we were on the rifle training range, we use to hear those shells flying over head....

we had them fall short at times... one fell short one day and hit a bus that had taken some of us out to the range..
the bus hit was the one I had rode out in....Typical Army, instead of sending out another bus or cattle car to pick us up..
they had us field march 15 miles back to the barracks area....

I wore out two pairs of combat boots at Ft Still in 8 weeks....they had to issue me two new pair when I got to Ft Sam...

did a lot of pushups also... after 8 weeks, I know Oklahoma was 50 ft closer to hell....than it had been when we got there..

But you got Lawton all wrong Cliff.. if you think Lawton really sucks.. you evidently have never been to New Jersey...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
If the world was to receive an enema, Lawton would be the insertion point. Good morning John. It is still a bucket list item for me to come out and shoot ground squirrels with you.

The lights are always on for ya Cliff.. and the ground squirrels and plentiful, even if unwilling .. but calling them RATS is more fufilling....wasted an early one over at the range the other day.. exploded him like a balloon... the remains were gone the next day.. either coyote or owl or hawk... finished him off... 40 grain V Max at hornet velocity..

Thank you my friend. What month would be best for me to come?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Good morning Randy! Have a great day!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good morning. 30 degrees here and just starting to snow big fluffy flakes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mornin',

Good times are gonna be had at Oldmans house. Oldman gonna be gettin' fat...............

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Seafire, a buddy and I used to shoot a ground squirrel field every Spring that we called "The Two-Brick Field." It was about 100 yards by 300, and we walked it the long way. We'd shoot 10 ground squirrels, take a few steps, reload and shoot 10 more. Repeat until we'd walked the length of the field, or burned through one brick of .22LR. Then turn around and repeat, going back. 2,000 shots, hardly any misses. And when we got back to the truck, the field would look like it was moving there were still so many squirrels. I don't know how or if the owner ever got any crop out of that field, but I doubt he did.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good Morning Randy, and thanks for the greeting. At 6AM it was a sunny 32 degrees here and will get up past 60 for much of the day. That's fortunate because I have a big load of stuff to move off a loaded trailer and into new spaces and some of it is heavy/bulky shelving - and will be doing it alone. Need to pace this day.

I hope that your new appliances turn out to be a blessing and the best for Jo and you.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Wade Bowen from last night.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]image url host

Last edited by hanco; 02/15/20.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

721 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 71 invisible), 3,107 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,200
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.