Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I have had nothing but good results from SONA CS.
Own a pair of Swarovski 8x20B CL Pocket binos, bought second hand, and lost one of the rubber eye cups. Call Swaro CS and they said they would send me one or I could send them in for a checkout, no charge. Said their turnaround was 4-6 weeks that time of year coming in to hunting season. So, I sent them in. These had some scratches on the bridge and I put a note in asking if they still had the nice carry cases available to buy. The binos were back at my door in 8 business days looking like new including replacing the scratched parts; free 2 day return shipping. And; they included a brand new case at no charge.
That's Great service!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Swarovski is one of, if not the finest optics company on the planet. Call me a fanboy, honestly don't g/a/s. I like Leica and Zeiss as well, but neither can touch Swaro for best of the best with optical "pop" and overall service.
I've had many of Swaro's scopes and binoculars, love playing with alpha glass....they go above and beyond to take care of the customer. But they aren't fools and won't always pay for everything especially customer abuse. There are exceptions:
Couple of years ago I purchased an ATX 95mm spotter, the alpha beast.... When it arrived the modular eyepiece was literally rattling in pieces. I wasn't happy with the prior owner, a guide. He had sold the optic as 'perfect.' The front sunshade threads were dented and I suspect that he had dropped it dislodging the e/p prism. He never disclosed that.

Long story short, I sent it in to Swaro...was charged $50 for the front sunshade, but everything else was gratis. That included a whole new prism assembly and a new eyepiece lens. The repair had to be done in Austria, but the wait was worth it.
The prior owner came through for me and paid for everything which really wasn't much..amounted to initial shipping and the $50 sunshade repair/replacement.

An honest estimate for that kind of repair on a $4400 optic should have been more like $600 imho. hell, the shipping to Austria and back had to be expensive.

They are one helluva company and the 'satisfied customer' stories out there are countless.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So Zeiss has a solid warranty? What about Leica - good stuff to know.

Are the Z3 scopes made in USA under the same warranty?

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bump

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
My only experience is with a 8X30 SLC that I bought new in 1990. I sent them in around 2008 for a cleaning and to have the end caps replaced. I received a pair that I would have never recognized. New armor, new lenses, completely updated and with a viewI wouldn’t have recognized. I was charged $22 for new caps. I have no experience with Swarovski scopes but I will never buy any other binos than
Swarovski

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by irfubar
Bump

So what was the verdict? Did you pay the $450 (or however much) service estimate? Just wondering how all of this shook out now that we are almost at the 1 month mark.

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I negotiated a 20% discount, paid them and haven't heard a word since......
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Originally Posted by irfubar
Bump

So what was the verdict? Did you pay the $450 (or however much) service estimate? Just wondering how all of this shook out now that we are almost at the 1 month mark.

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just mailed off my 10x42 SLC today for a cleaning/tuneup. Was a simple 5 minutes on their service website. Always had A+ service from Swarovski.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Until they make one better than a Schmidt & Bender...I'm not interested either. powdr

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a pair of 7x42 SLC binos I bought in 1986 or so. New from Cabela's. Sent them in 4 years ago for a cleaning and got them back with a new lens on one side, new armor, even with a new nameplate. They were just like new binos and the cost was zero except I paid the shipping to send them in.

In reading this thread I wondered if part of this problem was being a second owner? I was told by the salesman at Cabela's that Swarovski would not honor warranty work if you were not the original owner and had registered them at the time of purchase by filling out and returning the registration form. I know you were able to register your used ones and I know that they don't warranty abused breakage. At the time I got mine, they had an identical pair in the bargain cave for $200 off the then $1000 price tag but those had no registration card in the box. I went with the new ones simply to get the warranty.

Like some others my experience with Swarovski CS was great. They must have either changed the business model for CS or they have personnel who think these were damaged by some abuse. As someone else suggested just get them fixed for the $260 and sell them.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
This has been an interesting read.

Brian, sorry to hear about the bad luck. That does sound pretty weak on Swaro's side.

FWIW, alpinecrick is a liberal tard poser. A two faced bitch.

Several years ago I bought a new pair of 8x42 SLC's. Used them for a couple years and the focus wheel always bothered me. Ever so very slightly sticky at a certain spot so I got the 'bright' idea use a little silicon spray grease on the spot in suspect....

Bad idea!

The 'focus wheel' got really funky and I had to send them in...

Fixed for free along with a nice letter informing my dumb ass that "please do not attempt to lubricate the bino's by yourself"....

They said it in a nice way.

That said, going by your and Greg's deals I won't be buying anything from them in the future.

Last edited by SamOlson; 02/15/20.
805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just an update.
Got my SLCs back this week. New armor on them, replaced the focus mechanism( which was the reason I sent them in), replaced a prism and cleaned them internally and externally. Also gave me new eye cups, eye piece cover and lens covers. Free of charge!!
I will always own Swarovski optics.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My SLCs are coming back tomorrow from a focus wheel checkup and general inspection. No charge and I was not the original owner. The only charge I have ever seen was for a crushed scope tube, which was understandable. I haven’t sent allot in but I’ve been impressed with their service. You are kept in the loop. E-mails are returned, and can speak to a knowledgeable person. I appreciate that they will go above in coverage but also like that they do put limitations on it.

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
$ 250.00 and 6 weeks later got them back, in the meantime bought a pair of used Nikon moanarch IV here on the classified for $175.00. When the Swaro's arrived I compared them, the Nikons are clearer.... fug me

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You gonna trip the swarovskis Brian?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You gonna trip the swarovskis Brian?

Yes Jud, just haven't got around to it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still have the first real bins I got from my folks as a gift almost 30 years.....Nikon Windjammer 7x50

The glass in them are better than most bins in the $500 dollar range. Not that surprised the Monarch’s you bought are nice.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Windjammer 😂😂 never heard of em mark. Remember the Jason autofocus? I remember thinking they were the shiit!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 805
Just an update.
Got my SLCs back this week. New armor on them, replaced the focus mechanism( which was the reason I sent them in), replaced a prism and cleaned them internally and externally. Also gave me new eye cups, eye piece cover and lens covers. Free of charge!!
I will always own Swarovski optics.

Why did they repair yours for free but charge irfubar $250?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
After several pairs of their glasses and a lrf, the only time I’ve use the warranty was on the lrf. Went haywire, called em, they overnighted me a loaner, fixed mine for free and we traded back after huntin season. This was 5-6 years ago

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,845
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.