F
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by fldoghunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by SKane

I spent the first weekend with them walking around by myself staying below ridgeline hollering WTF!!!!! ; ]

LMAO.

Damn dogs howling, bullets flying, and cold beers back at the truck with each truck seat and dash covered with boxes and boxes of Remington core-lokt ammunition! laugh

those boys have a hell of a time a camp!

We don’t use rifles but shotguns for our hound hunts down here and I’ll tell you what, I’ve heard less gunfire amongst the the old Taliban than you heard from our group when the deer starting coming up the line. Not my favorite way to hunt but it is a lot of fun when the dogs are running well. grin

All them extra shots are just to wake everybody up and get them exited.

LOL beretzs, I bet, never any danger of nodding off on hunts like those ; ]

FLDH, I can guarantee you I was wide awake and headed for cover, I quit counting at 50 rounds fired that morning, those guys have that whole 800 acres covered with 308 and 243 RP brass. cool

It's actually a ton of fun and we set up pretty safely but man oh man, do those auto's put out some rounds pretty quick!

Most of us shoot shotguns with buckshot. We also won't let anyone hunt with us by theirselves until we trust them to know what's safe and what's not.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had an X-Bolt Stainless Stalker in 30-06 for a few years and I love it. I like the ergos of the stock, the Dura-Touch coating (or what ever they call it) helps me maintain a good grip, the tang safety is right where God intended it to be. I like the flush fitting detachable magazine better than the Tikkas and it holds one more round in the same cartridge. It's also been very accurate with just about everything I've fed it.
I traded a M70 Extreme Weather for it as I didn't like the B&C stock on the EW.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Buy what you like, its your money..

If everyone adopted this attitude, 90% of the squabbling on here would die.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Was the Xbolt offered in 358 WIN at any time?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Jericho

No, but every year I wait for it to appear at shot show, I may find a 308 and have it rebarreled

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Actually, yes, it was. Grice’s has had a couple of special runs of them made up over the years. They come up for sale from time to time. For one reason or another most were sold in PA and MI. Now you have to find one...good luck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Always wanted to like the A-bolt then the X-bolt but the stock on the former fit me poorly and the latter only slightly better. You do plenty of them in 7mag down here in AL for sure.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Yep as Capt Craig stated Grices in Pa. had them in 358 Winchester. I picked up an X-bolt hunter from Grices a few years back chambered in 6.5 Swede which is a real shooter. My favorite Browning is an A-Bolt Micro Medallion in 257 Roberts. I haven't owned a Browning that wasn't accurate and that includes my BLRs. I own a lot of other rifles but the accuracy and the fit and finish of my Brownings is second to none.

Last edited by rcbergs; 02/14/20. Reason: caliber left out

"Individual liberty depends on keeping government under control" Ronald Reagan

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Browning sells more of this junk than they do X-Bolts...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BROWNING-S...-on-Aluminum-License-Plate-/152629582202

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Craig, are you sure it wasnt the Abolt they offered in 358 WIN?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Craig, are you sure it wasnt the Abolt they offered in 358 WIN?

I’ve seen both. The most recent ones were x-bolts for sure in both wood and synthetic. Grice had them on sale for a long time as they didn’t seem to sell well, even in PA. They turn up from time to time for sale. The other way to do it would be to pick up a short action 243 rifle and send it to JES for a rebore. That way you don’t have to search for one to come up for sale. You also might call Grice’s and see if they know of one or can locate one from a customer of theirs who might want to sell it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by turkish
Because they need 8 screws to hold scope bases to the receiver?

Ten years ago, I recall a much more negative opinion of the X-bot than today. There was a lot more distrust of the X-bolt design, partly because of the release on the bolt handle. Definitely seems Rube Goldberg to some, myself included

And the shallow thread depth for the scope bases. I still see complaints about the 8-holes, and stripped threads.

Jason

Last edited by 4th_point; 02/14/20.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I bought my first Browning rifle a couple of months ago. It's a Hells Canyon Speed Long Range McMillan, 6.5 CM. I have absolutely no complaints, other than the whole name of the thing is a mouthful! 😁.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
The $300 & $400 dollar guns are beating it up, it looks and feels like one of them !!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well.. I love my xbolt. It's the nicest gun I've owned and the most accurate. I dont understand d the trigger gripes. I turned mine down and it's almost dangerously light to hunt with. No creep, nice and crisp. I really like it.

[Linked Image]

Attached Images
PicsArt_02-10-12.15.36.jpg (34.51 KB, 206 downloads)

You can lead a horse...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gwg677
The $300 & $400 dollar guns are beating it up, it looks and feels like one of them !!!

Yeah you wish

You can lead a horse...
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I don’t dislike the x bolts in particular, but I’ve always felt that, thus far, the A-Bolt II was the pinnacle of A Bolt evolution.

I’ve had an A Bolt II SS .25-06 for the last 25 years. I’d not trade it for any brand spanking new X Bolt.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Potsy
I don’t dislike the x bolts in particular, but I’ve always felt that, thus far, the A-Bolt II was the pinnacle of A Bolt evolution.

I’ve had an A Bolt II SS .25-06 for the last 25 years. I’d not trade it for any brand spanking new X Bolt.

Why not? The Xbolt is an improved Abolt.

You can lead a horse...
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I believe the new abolt3 has both a plastic trigger and plastic trigger guard. Am I correct in that the abolt 2 has a metal trigger and trigger guard, like the xbolt. Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Musicianized
Originally Posted by gwg677

Yeah you wish

Yeah he doesnt have a clue.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,382 guests, and 844 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,252
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.