Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Tejano
Saeed on the accurate reloading forum has a favorite 375 x 404 Jeffrey which is practically the same as the 375 RUM he has shot several hundred buffalo with Barnes Bullets, he has used others, Swift, Rhino and more but keeps going back to the Barnes.

Saeed makes his own Bullets from solid round stock. They’re 300 grain moly coated mono metals that he calls Walterhog Bullets, for his good friend and sidekick Walter, who does a lot of gunsmithing work for the family. He has an impressive gun shop with a couple CNC lathes for building rifles and making bullets, right on the compound where he lives. The 375/404 wildcat he shoots is also his own design, based on a Dakota model 76 action with 26” Lilja barrel. He is a gun nut like few others and a delight to spend time with. I’ve visited him a couple times when passing through Dubai and those visits have been highlights of my trips. Anyone who gets an invite to meet him should take him up on it, he’s a wonderful fellow with a great sense of humor.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Is he a liberal or a democrat?

Did he support President Trump?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
He is not a liberal by any stretch of the imagination. He actually thinks all of our politicians are incompetent crooks (maybe not all, but at least 95%). He has a very low opinion of American politics. He’s actually fascinating to discuss world affairs and politics with. They’re more open minded and reasonable there than you’d imagine.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CAelknuts
He is not a liberal by any stretch of the imagination. He actually thinks all of our politicians are incompetent crooks (maybe not all, but at least 95%). He has a very low opinion of American politics. He’s actually fascinating to discuss world affairs and politics with. They’re more open minded and reasonable there than you’d imagine.

Bullhit. He's a democrat ball washer and so is his site administrator.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI

I agree, he is part of 5% ultra elite that happens to enjoy firearms and hunting.

Arcus Venator
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Am always slightly puzzled when both the Barnes TSX and Swift A-Frames are rated so highly, either by hunters or PHs. They work very differently. The A-Frames normally expand widely so don't penetrate nearly as deeply as TSX's in the same weights and caliber. In fact, in my experience would rate them at opposite ends of the spectrum as far as penetration.

That doesn't mean both aren't excellent bullets, but a number of bullets in between their differing parameters work equally well--which should be no surprise.

And the good old Nosler Partition 'may' out penetrate them both.

Absolutely. If noslers shoot in your rifle, I would use them exclusively. The problem with Noslers is they are the most consistently inaccurate bullets across all calibers I've ever used. The TTSXs and North Forks beat them by a long margin in this regard.

Be danged Jorge, they've always been the first ones i try, and 99% on the time stay there, have always shot really well for me, iirc that old 300 H&h i bought from you loved 180gr Barnes, never tried em in it, that thing eats 200-220gr partitions over H-4831 like candy, sweet old pre-64.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by CRS

I agree, he is part of 5% ultra elite that happens to enjoy firearms and hunting.

If not for American technology and inventions the place would be named dontbuy-cantbuy................there would be no dubai! still shackin in sand tents tending goats!

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by CRS

If not for American technology and inventions the place would be named dontbuy-cantbuy................there would be no dubai! still shackin in sand tents tending goats!

Yup... oil screwed us.. they haven’t been anything but a headache since...

Semper Fi
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yep, and they despise us, finance terror against us with OUR money. crazy you cant make that shlt up Buddy.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That’s a fact. SOBs aren’t our friends.

Semper Fi
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by beretzs
That’s a fact. SOBs aren’t our friends.

Dang right Buddy. cool

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Jorge, I guess you and I know him differently. Yes, his site administrator is a lib, but he’s also Jewish and the fact that Saeed has employed him for decades does say something about Saeed. Back when he hired Don, not a lot of Arabs would employ Jews. Saeed is very pragmatic, open-minded and fair from what I know of him. I’m aware that you frequent AR, but not sure how well you actually know Saeed. I know him enough to know that I like him a lot more than some (many) others who lurk there. He’s always been straight up with me and is a very gracious host. Some people whom I know extremely well and trust, people who know him much better than any of us ever will, regard him very highly. That’s good enough for me. I’ll see him very briefly later this year in Tanzania. I’ll be sure to tell him you send your regards.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Jorge, I guess you and I know him differently. Yes, his site administrator is a lib, but he’s also Jewish and the fact that Saeed has employed him for decades does say something about Saeed. Back when he hired Don, not a lot of Arabs would employ Jews. Saeed is very pragmatic, open-minded and fair from what I know of him. I’m aware that you frequent AR, but not sure how well you actually know Saeed. I know him enough to know that I like him a lot more than some (many) others who lurk there. He’s always been straight up with me and is a very gracious host. Some people whom I know extremely well and trust, people who know him much better than any of us ever will, regard him very highly. That’s good enough for me. I’ll see him very briefly later this year in Tanzania. I’ll be sure to tell him you send your regards.

CA: Please don't. I was a member (still am I suppose) of AR since 2001 and I know Saeed very well, perhaps not as well as you but we've had discussions off line for years as well as many of his other acquaintances there. I know DSC supports the site for obvious reasons, but his actions really made it impossible for me to continue. He admitted to me his support of democrats (yes I am well aware of the Don's background). My falling out with Saeed came after he posted an obviously anti-Trump diatribe in the African Hunting threads where before he had limited that to the Political Forums which I NEVER visited. When I called him out on it, he not only deleted his post, but blamed me for bringing politics into that forum. I have a LOT of friends over there and they know my position. I do miss them and for that matter AR, but after that last BS he pulled, I'm done with him and them over there. There are a LOT of people over there who sacrifice their principles to stay on his "good side", but you know what? without principles and honor, a man is nothing. And let's not even go into the leach called Walter whose anti-Americanism is off the peg.

Cheers,

jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He needs to worry about his own schithole, backwards azz, goat fugging country before he comments on America.

He’s the Sultan of slum.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Jorge, fair enough. I remember the incident to which you refer. I don’t begrudge you, or him.

I must say though, I do find some of the other poster’s comments amusing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jorge, fair enough. I remember the incident to which you refer. I don’t begrudge you, or him.

I must say though, I do find some of the other poster’s comments amusing.

Yeah, well I can't control the comments. I didn't read most of them I think after Saeed's last comments to me. Too bad for me I guess. I miss going there and my friends therein..

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
A-Frames for the win.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

CA: Please don't. I was a member (still am I suppose) of AR since 2001 and I know Saeed very well, perhaps not as well as you but we've had discussions off line for years as well as many of his other acquaintances there. I know DSC supports the site for obvious reasons, but his actions really made it impossible for me to continue. He admitted to me his support of democrats (yes I am well aware of the Don's background). My falling out with Saeed came after he posted an obviously anti-Trump diatribe in the African Hunting threads where before he had limited that to the Political Forums which I NEVER visited. When I called him out on it, he not only deleted his post, but blamed me for bringing politics into that forum. I have a LOT of friends over there and they know my position. I do miss them and for that matter AR, but after that last BS he pulled, I'm done with him and them over there. There are a LOT of people over there who sacrifice their principles to stay on his "good side", but you know what? without principles and honor, a man is nothing. And let's not even go into the leach called Walter whose anti-Americanism is off the peg.

Cheers,

jorge

I 100% agree. These are the primary reasons why I stopped going to AR. Not to mention the arrogance of the the prolific posters over there. The combination is hard to take.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The politics there took a pretty hard turn after 2016. At least that I noticed. Maybe it was present before but I sure didnt notice it to the extent it has been the last 4 or 5 years. It also seems to have driven the dwindling participation.

While I very much like custom rifles, and some great rifle builders post there, the irony of the site owner constantly criticizing US politics while living in a corner of the world that today is rife with human trafficking, slavery, and a myriad of human rights violations most of the developed world left behind a century ago, is too much. No matter how "generous" he may be.

He can have his play ground. I don't need to participate.

As to bullets...I havent shot a buff, but I'd happily shoot partions, TTSX, Aframes, DGX, or a handful of other bullets given the opportunity. If I was to pick one, it'd be between the TTSX or the partition just based on reports from those that post here that have. I think most bullets today are very capable.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Benbo
Heading to Africa for buffalo. I’m planning on using my m70 CRF 375 RUM with 300gr fail safes. I’m looking hard for a left hand 375 for my dad.... can’t find a CZ so may have to get a Ruger in 375 Ruger. I will probably load his ammo too but if it shoots the factory ammo I may just use it. Is the new bonded 300 DGX bullet worthy? I’ve read a lot of negative reports on that bullet but I think they are all from before they bonded that bullet. Any info appreciated!

Any one with a left hand CZ 375 I’m looking. THX

Call and ask your guide which bullet(s) he recommends. He knows your hunt FAR better than anyone e;se. Also ask him what he shoots. After the call you're know more than anyone else here.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

131 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 23 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.