-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 61 62
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Quid est veritas" Saint Pontius Pilate. His words, (Jesus' words) answered it for me.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I am a child of the Father. Christian means many things to many people. But to be His child... you are, or you are not. To be sure, I am no easily loved child, and sometimes wonder why He chose me. But when He chooses you, it is His choice, not yours. You can’t pick your family, they say. Once chosen, it is incumbent on you to at least attempt to live as the Father would desire of you, and to study to understand what that is. I struggled for years to fit God to the box I thought He should fit, and as I previously have stated here, with one sentence, He destroyed that box and showed me my position relative to Him. Call it a come-to-Jesus meeting with Dad, the one where He says one thing that lets you know that He is in charge, and you just need to let it go. The peace of finally understanding that I am the child and He is the ruler of all things is indescribable.

When you know that everything that happens is His will, it makes it impossible to worry, or to hate your circumstance. If all is His will, and His will is good, then to worry or complain is to place yourself in charge of that which you cannot control. To me, the peace that passes understanding is what is possessed by the person who is in their proper place with the Father, because they know He controls all things, and what He does is good. We are not the arbiters of good, He is. Our job is simply to trust. Reaching that point has brought me more peace than I ever thought possible.

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Why, because it helps me maintain and keep my freedom, it’s helps me keep the agency and freedom to choose that god gave me. Lastly it keeps my family together, in particular my marriage. Been divorced before and it only takes one of 2 party’s to destroy a family. If I am told tomorrow it’s all Santa Claus. I change nothing

Well said.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Yes I know, another of those threads.

At one time in my life I was young, and thought I could act as I pleased, this is contrary to my raising.

I found myself in a spot that taught me I was not as smart as I had thought.

I had let enough of God's word linger in my mind to know I had to reach out. I am every so glad I did.

Thank you Jesus.

Any of you good folks have anything to share?

I find it funny you have to keep reminding us/yourself you are a “Christian”

The pigs with good fortune, who are well fed and wallow in the pond water, are always happy to squeal and holler.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Opus Dei is where it’s at...Suffering is an art form.😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I can't imagine how empty my life would be without having faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. And while my life doesn't always reflect it, He is the most important thing in my life. I love Him, because He first loved me. And gave Himself as a sacrifice for me, to pay the price for my sins. Someday we will all bow before Him and acknowledge Him as Lord.

Last edited by bludog; 02/15/20.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Not a fan of religion, but Jesus Christ is my savior. Took many years to come to HIM but a better life is knowing HIM. I struggle every day to be better than I am. Especially with what the left is trying to do to our great country. And I do mean I Struggle. I know GOD is in control but I also know HE gave us free will. We can screw it up as much as we choose, And there in lies the problem and why we have to continue to fight the evil that is confronting our great nation.

MOLON LABE
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I used to love the Georgia Satellites!
Seriously, back in the day they rocked.

I liked your PRE edit ----> Kentucky Headhunters. Dumas Walkers

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Because the other team would not take me. shocked

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I became a Christain because as a young boy, my Dad taught me to love Jesus first. Secondly, he taught me to love my family and how to treat my fellow man. He lived his faith and it always made me proud. powdr

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And the winner is......because my parents were.

Do you think you would be a Christian if you were born in Saudi Arabia?
Or India?
Or Japan?
Or Nepal?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
And the winner is......because my parents were. - - -

No winner there - you are so very wrong.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have posted this before, and it's still the reason I believe.

1) The odds: Scientist says that the odds of all of the amino acids, proteins, etc. came together at the same time in the right place to get electrically charged to create a cell (the simplest form of life) is around 10 to the 40,000th power (this is a 10 with 39,999 zeros behind it). Mathematicians say that anything higher than 10 to the 50th power is impossible to happen through random chance. Charles Darwin thought that the cell was very simple but today we know better. One cell contains enough information that if printed out would take over 500,000 pages.

2) Design and purpose: Albert Einstein (one of the smartest men to walk the Earth) did not profess to be a Christian but he did believe in a creator. Einstein said that when he looked at the universe and the way all things worked together, he saw design and purpose. If I gave you a watch and told you that the watch had evolved over millions of years because nature knew that man needed a way to tell time you would think I was crazy! But we have been taught to believe that (even though thousands of times more complicated) our eyes, nose, ears, etc. just evolved because we needed them.

3) Ignorance of man: Just a few years ago the scientific community was on fire celebrating the fact that they had created life for the first time. Over thousands of years one of man's greatest accomplishments was to copy the simplest form of life (a cell) and reproduce it. If this is the best that we can do, why then would I put faith in the ignorance of man to tell me how we came to be.

4) Population growth rate: Studies of population growth rate shows us that there is around a 2% growth rate in the human population. If you take the 7 billion people alive today, and reverse that at a rate of 2% you will come up with roughly somewhere between 7,000 to 10,000 years. Which goes hand-in-hand with what the Bible tells us. If you go back just 25,000 years with a 2% growth rate you will come up with 100+ billion people, but we have nowhere near this today. Scientist say that humans have walked the Earth for 500,000+ years. Surely over 500,000 years (even with disease or famine nearly wiping out the human population several times) there would be periods of 10 to 20 thousand years with no catastrophic disease or famine, but there is no evidence of large populations. Most scientists agree that there are almost as many people alive today as there are dead.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Buck2
I have posted this before, and it's still the reason I believe.

1) The odds: Scientist says that the odds of all of the amino acids, proteins, etc. came together at the same time in the right place to get electrically charged to create a cell (the simplest form of life) is around 10 to the 40,000th power (this is a 10 with 39,999 zeros behind it). Mathematicians say that anything higher than 10 to the 50th power is impossible to happen through random chance. Charles Darwin thought that the cell was very simple but today we know better. One cell contains enough information that if printed out would take over 500,000 pages.

2) Design and purpose: Albert Einstein (one of the smartest men to walk the Earth) did not profess to be a Christian but he did believe in a creator. Einstein said that when he looked at the universe and the way all things worked together, he saw design and purpose. If I gave you a watch and told you that the watch had evolved over millions of years because nature knew that man needed a way to tell time you would think I was crazy! But we have been taught to believe that (even though thousands of times more complicated) our eyes, nose, ears, etc. just evolved because we needed them.

3) Ignorance of man: Just a few years ago the scientific community was on fire celebrating the fact that they had created life for the first time. Over thousands of years one of man's greatest accomplishments was to copy the simplest form of life (a cell) and reproduce it. If this is the best that we can do, why then would I put faith in the ignorance of man to tell me how we came to be.

4) Population growth rate: Studies of population growth rate shows us that there is around a 2% growth rate in the human population. If you take the 7 billion people alive today, and reverse that at a rate of 2% you will come up with roughly somewhere between 7,000 to 10,000 years. Which goes hand-in-hand with what the Bible tells us. If you go back just 25,000 years with a 2% growth rate you will come up with 100+ billion people, but we have nowhere near this today. Scientist say that humans have walked the Earth for 500,000+ years. Surely over 500,000 years (even with disease or famine nearly wiping out the human lippopulation several times) there would be periods of 10 to 20 thousand years with no catastrophic disease or famine, but there is no evidence of large populations. Most scientists agree that there are almost as many people alive today as there are dead.

Trash this post. It's too deep and complicated for unbelievers to comprehend, therefore, impossible.

Schiett exploded a long time ago. They told us that in skool. Therefore, I no. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yes I am.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by CCCC

Indeed Paul. The very reason I tossed it years ago. Catholicism pounded down my throat when I was far too young to understand. A travesty...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Buck2
.. Albert Einstein (one of the smartest men to walk the Earth)

January 3, 1954,
Einstein reply to Eric Gutkind:

"The word God is for me nothing but the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of venerable but still rather primitive legends. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can (for me) change anything about this... For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."

March 1954,
Einstein reply to Joe Dispentiere:

" It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

EINSTEINS book of Ideas and Opinions (1954) stated:

"In their struggle for the ethical good, teachers of religion must have the stature to give up the doctrine of a personal God, that is, give up that source of fear and hope which in the past placed such vast power in the hands of priests."

1950, Einstein letter to M. Berkowitz:

"My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment."

April 1929, Einstein cable to Rabbi Herbert S. Goldstein:

"I believe in Spinoza's God {of Philosophy} , who
reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists,
not in a God who concerns himself with the fate
and the doings of mankind."

December 1922 Einstein stated the following on the concept of a savior:

"Denominational traditions I can only consider historically and psychologically; they have no other significance for me."

EINSTEIN to Japanese magazine Kaizō 1923:

"Scientific research can reduce superstition by encouraging people to think and view things in terms of cause and effect. Certain it is that a conviction, akin to religious feeling, of the rationality and intelligibility of the world lies behind all scientific work of a higher order.... This firm belief, a belief bound up with a deep feeling, in a superior mind that reveals itself in the world of experience, represents my conception of God.."

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

People who have had no contact with the bible or Christianity cannot become Christians, that can only happen through conditioning, conversion or people being drawn to the faith once it has been established....missionaries or evangelism at work, etc.

Last edited by DBT; 02/17/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

We are supposed to be that influence on our children.

Proverbs 22:6 (NKJV)
6 Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
And the winner is......because my parents were.

Do you think you would be a Christian if you were born in Saudi Arabia?
Or India?
Or Japan?
Or Nepal?

Well said and the truth.
A Founding Father, one of the main ones, said the same thing.

"As I have now given you my reasons for believing that the Bible is not the word of God, that it is a falsehood, I have a right to ask you your reasons for believing the contrary; but I know you can give me none, except that you were educated to believe the Bible; and as the Turks give the same reason for believing the Koran, it is evident that education makes all the difference, and that reason and truth have nothing to do in the case. [[[[ ["You believe in the Bible from the accident of birth, and the Turks believe in the Koran from the same accident, and each calls the other 'infidel.'"] ]]]]] But leaving the prejudice of education out of the case, the unprejudiced truth is, that all are infidels who believe falsely of God, whether they draw their creed from the Bible, or from the Koran, from the Old Testament, or from the New.

When you have examined the Bible with the attention that I have done, (for I do not think you know much about it,) and permit yourself to have just ideas of God, you will most probably believe as I do. But I wish you to know that this answer to your letter is not written for the purpose of changing your opinion. It is written to satisfy you, and some other friends whom I esteem, that my disbelief of the Bible is founded on a pure and religious belief in God; for in my opinion the Bible is a gross libel against the justice and goodness of God, in almost every part of it.

Last edited by K22; 02/17/20.
Page 3 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 5sdad, 10 invisible), 2,100 guests, and 735 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,403
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.