Campfire Member
O
Whats with the area code then?

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Lots of people have moved to Alaska in the last 15 years and have kept their cell phones from down south.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Calvin
Is everyone having problems with this website?

www.alaskaoutsidecharters.com

Working with this link. Got pictures that didn't show before too. Maybe it is my remoteness. Our satellite connection isn't always the best.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Link works on an iPhone.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Calvin PM'd me. He is full up, but did give info on another guy he likes. The only problem is the guys websites is having difficulties and rarely loads. Well I got it loaded once than it went down and can't bring it up anymore.

Thanks for the other contacts.

Hello
John here, owner/operator of Alaska Outside Charters.
Our website is new and a work in progress although fishing is not new to us.
We live, work, hunt, and fish in SE AK and are full time Alaska residents
Our charter business is centered around providing a one on one fishing experience with you getting to see, fish, and enjoy our island as we do.
If you are looking fo a “lodge style” charter , we are not it.
If you want to enjoy world class fishing with your own private cabin and be the only group here with us then we can take care of you.
If that sounds like what you have in mind give us a call and we would be glad to answer any questions
Thanks
John

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cwh2

Works for me, but I don't know about this captain John guy.

smile

Just thought I’d let you know that my dogs did not recover.
Still laugh about your concern though .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OAM
Don't call a guy with a 601 area code man. He will leave Alaska in the fall and the money he has earned along with him. Call an Alaskan if you want a guide and keep the cash in our economy. He may be a great guide but with an out of state area code?

How’s it going
My 601 number is a carryover that I’ve had for years and have kept due to old contacts.
BTW, I’m typing this while sitting on one of the last two running ferries in SE.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good to hear JP. Sent you a picture of another "cat".

To clarify for anyone that doesn't have a sarcasm meter, John is one of the good guys and you'll be in good hands.

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by raghorn
Originally Posted by OAM
Don't call a guy with a 601 area code man. He will leave Alaska in the fall and the money he has earned along with him. Call an Alaskan if you want a guide and keep the cash in our economy. He may be a great guide but with an out of state area code?

How’s it going
My 601 number is a carryover that I’ve had for years and have kept due to old contacts.
BTW, I’m typing this while sitting on one of the last two running ferries in SE.

Fair enough. Didnt mean any offense by it to somebody that is a resident. I just see alot of what I described on the Kenai river and our other local waters. It really bothers me when guys guide or run setnet sites, get paid and bail to California or somewhere else for the winter. Again, no offense.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
None taken and no worries
Fair assessment on your part based on my area code
May change to a 907 at some point but haven’t yet

IC B3

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by OAM

How’s it going

John, you didn't happen to go to Mississippi State a few years ago did you? I ran into a guy while I was a student there that was also from AK and working on charters for Tim Berg out of Soldotna at the time... I figure there can't be too many people in MS that fall into this small category wink

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by OAM

How’s it going

Fair enough. Didnt mean any offense by it to somebody that is a resident. I just see alot of what I described on the Kenai river and our other local waters. It really bothers me when guys guide or run setnet sites, get paid and bail to California or somewhere else for the winter. Again, no offense.

What is there to do in Alaska when the fishing and hunting seasons close? And why should it bother you? Our fish from Texas to North Carolina following the seasons and openings. I've heard people say the same thing about us, we just take the money and run. We make money by being on the water catching fish not sitting in a bar or party house spending money waiting for another season or quota to open up. We pay property taxes on houses in 3 different states, hopefully it'll be 4 in the near future. I've never been able to understand people worrying about what other people do.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by panzerkiller13
Originally Posted by OAM

How’s it going

John, you didn't happen to go to Mississippi State a few years ago did you? I ran into a guy while I was a student there that was also from AK and working on charters for Tim Berg out of Soldotna at the time... I figure there can't be too many people in MS that fall into this small category wink

Wasn’t me as I’ve been out of college since 1991
Small world I guess

Last edited by raghorn; 03/03/20.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

What is there to do in Alaska when the fishing and hunting seasons close?

Well, how about taking that money that you earned as charter captain/outfitter during those seasons in Alaska, and spend it in the Alaskan economy? Rather than, say Washington's or California's....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fishing and hunting seasons close? You can legally hunt and fish 366 days this year...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep!
There is more hunting and fishing to do than time in the year to do it.
I put in a decent effort though .

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Fishing and hunting seasons close? You can legally hunt and fish 366 days this year...

Oh hail yeah. Ima gonna drill a hole in the Kenai ice tomorrow and jig for sockeyes.

Sum budda hole mah beer!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Oh hail yeah. Ima gonna drill a hole in the Kenai ice tomorrow and jig for sockeyes.

Sum budda hole mah beer!

I can show you a couple bear dens to go play tunnel rat in...

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

What is there to do in Alaska when the fishing and hunting seasons close?

Well, how about taking that money that you earned as charter captain/outfitter during those seasons in Alaska, and spend it in the Alaskan economy? Rather than, say Washington's or California's....

I was thinking along the lines of somewhere on the east coast where the winter is warm, the heck with the left coast.

Life is good live it while you can.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

Can't write a letter, or call?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,548 guests, and 708 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,536
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.