K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Yes I know, another of those threads.

At one time in my life I was young, and thought I could act as I pleased, this is contrary to my raising.

I found myself in a spot that taught me I was not as smart as I had thought.

I had let enough of God's word linger in my mind to know I had to reach out. I am every so glad I did.

Thank you Jesus.

Any of you good folks have anything to share?

I find it funny you have to keep reminding us/yourself you are a “Christian”

I find this interesting also.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K22

At one time in my life I was young, and thought I could act as I pleased, this is contrary to my raising.

I had let enough of God's word linger in my mind to know I had to reach out. I am every so glad I did.

Thank you Jesus.

Why not go to another thread and enjoy other topics?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus said that God's desire is that NO man would perish. Everyone has a chance at salvation, no matter where they're born or who their parents are. How this happens to those in pagan countries we aren't told, just that it happens. Everyone, there and here, has a chance. Some grab it but the majority reject it, even when it's right in front of them. One thing's for sure, many on this forum can't stand in front of God at the judgement and say 'I never heard'. Just in reading this forum you've heard.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Believe me folks, it would be an easier thing to do, just keep Faith under cover. be one of the regular cool, tough guys here.

We are told to spread good news, the Gospel.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
1) The odds: Scientist says that the odds of all of the amino acids, proteins, etc. came together at the same time in the right place to get electrically charged to create a cell (the simplest form of life) is around 10 to the 40,000th power (this is a 10 with 39,999 zeros behind it). Mathematicians say that anything higher than 10 to the 50th power is impossible to happen through random chance. Charles Darwin thought that the cell was very simple but today we know better. One cell contains enough information that if printed out would take over 500,000 pages.
Scientists are always looking for life 'out there'. The odds of it spontaneously happening here are 1 in billions. The odds of it happening a 2d time 'out there' are 1 in billions squared. The odds of happening twice are so low as to be completely ludicrous.

― George Orwell

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by NVhntr
And the winner is......because my parents were.

Do you think you would be a Christian if you were born in Saudi Arabia?
Or India?
Or Japan?
Or Nepal?

Well said and the truth.
A Founding Father, one of the main ones, said the same thing.

"As I have now given you my reasons for believing that the Bible is not the word of God, that it is a falsehood, I have a right to ask you your reasons for believing the contrary; but I know you can give me none, except that you were educated to believe the Bible; and as the Turks give the same reason for believing the Koran, it is evident that education makes all the difference, and that reason and truth have nothing to do in the case. [[[[ ["You believe in the Bible from the accident of birth, and the Turks believe in the Koran from the same accident, and each calls the other 'infidel.'"] ]]]]] But leaving the prejudice of education out of the case, the unprejudiced truth is, that all are infidels who believe falsely of God, whether they draw their creed from the Bible, or from the Koran, from the Old Testament, or from the New.

When you have examined the Bible with the attention that I have done, (for I do not think you know much about it,) and permit yourself to have just ideas of God, you will most probably believe as I do. But I wish you to know that this answer to your letter is not written for the purpose of changing your opinion. It is written to satisfy you, and some other friends whom I esteem, that my disbelief of the Bible is founded on a pure and religious belief in God; for in my opinion the Bible is a gross libel against the justice and goodness of God, in almost every part of it.

Thomas Paine died on June 8, 1809, in NYC and was buried on his property in New Rochelle. On his deathbed, his doctor asked him if he wished to accept Jesus Christ before passing. “I have no wish to believe on that subject,” Paine replied before taking his final breath.

Smug arrogance to the end.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Buck2
.. Albert Einstein (one of the smartest men to walk the Earth)

January 3, 1954,
Einstein reply to Eric Gutkind:

"The word God is for me nothing but the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of venerable but still rather primitive legends. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can (for me) change anything about this... For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."

March 1954,
Einsteins reply to Joe Dispentiere:

" It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

EINSTEINS book of Ideas and Opinions (1954) stated:

"In their struggle for the ethical good, teachers of religion must have the stature to give up the doctrine of a personal God, that is, give up that source of fear and hope which in the past placed such vast power in the hands of priests."

1950, Einstein letter to M. Berkowitz:

"My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment."

April 1929, Einstein cable to Rabbi Herbert S. Goldstein:

"I believe in Spinoza's God {of Philosophy} , who
reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists,
not in a God who concerns himself with the fate
and the doings of mankind."

December 1922 Einstein stated the following on the concept of a savior:

"Denominational traditions I can only consider historically and psychologically; they have no other significance for me."

EINSTEIN to Japanese magazine Kaizō 1923:

"Scientific research can reduce superstition by encouraging people to think and view things in terms of cause and effect. Certain it is that a conviction, akin to religious feeling, of the rationality and intelligibility of the world lies behind all scientific work of a higher order.... This firm belief, a belief bound up with a deep feeling, in a superior mind that reveals itself in the world of experience, represents my conception of God.."

He also said,

“I am not an atheist,” he began.

“The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in the
position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in
many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books.
It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they
are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the
arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to
me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God.
We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but
only dimly understand these laws.”

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Check out the Apostles Creed.

Furthermore, who would die for a lie? Many Apostles died for spreading what they knew was true.

This world, this time, this place, is no accident. God has a purpose for us.

Yep, we are to spread the Gospel, AND.......we are to serve our fellow man. I reckon that’s why we end up doing mission trips to places like Montana, along with trying to cover things in our own state.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Yes with heavy doses of Cartesian doubt.

Ah yes.....bassackwardsism.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Check out the Apostles Creed.

Furthermore, who would die for a lie? Many Apostles died for spreading what they knew was true.

This world, this time, this place, is no accident. God has a purpose for us.

Yep, we are to spread the Gospel, AND.......we are to serve our fellow man. I reckon that’s why we end up doing mission trips to places like Montana, along with trying to cover things in our own state.

Far more who were NOT apostles died for the Truth of the Gospel, and continue dying for those Truth's to this day, and will until the Lord returns.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by K22

Thank you Jesus.

These are "interesting" times, though many will not bend the knee until it's too late.

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
The point being I don't have to keep telling Christians that I'm a Christian, nor do I have to keep reminding myself.
Anyone interested in spreading the Gospel needs to spread it with non believers.

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by NVhntr
And the winner is......because my parents were.

Do you think you would be a Christian if you were born in Saudi Arabia?
Or India?
Or Japan?
Or Nepal?

Well said and the truth.
A Founding Father, one of the main ones, said the same thing.

"As I have now given you my reasons for believing that the Bible is not the word of God, that it is a falsehood, I have a right to ask you your reasons for believing the contrary; but I know you can give me none, except that you were educated to believe the Bible; and as the Turks give the same reason for believing the Koran, it is evident that education makes all the difference, and that reason and truth have nothing to do in the case. [[[[ ["You believe in the Bible from the accident of birth, and the Turks believe in the Koran from the same accident, and each calls the other 'infidel.'"] ]]]]] But leaving the prejudice of education out of the case, the unprejudiced truth is, that all are infidels who believe falsely of God, whether they draw their creed from the Bible, or from the Koran, from the Old Testament, or from the New.

When you have examined the Bible with the attention that I have done, (for I do not think you know much about it,) and permit yourself to have just ideas of God, you will most probably believe as I do. But I wish you to know that this answer to your letter is not written for the purpose of changing your opinion. It is written to satisfy you, and some other friends whom I esteem, that my disbelief of the Bible is founded on a pure and religious belief in God; for in my opinion the Bible is a gross libel against the justice and goodness of God, in almost every part of it.

Thomas Paine died on June 8, 1809, in NYC and was buried on his property in New Rochelle. On his deathbed, his doctor asked him if he wished to accept Jesus Christ before passing. “I have no wish to believe on that subject,” Paine replied before taking his final breath.

Smug arrogance to the end.

In his own words concerning his belief.................................

You may have an opinion that a man is inspired, but you cannot prove it, nor can you have any proof of it yourself, because you cannot see into his mind in order to know how he comes by his thoughts; and the same is the case with the word 'revelation.' There can be no evidence of such a thing, for you can no more prove revelation than you can prove what another man dreams of, neither can he prove it himself.

It is often said in the Bible that God spake unto Moses, but how do you know that God spake unto Moses? Because, you will say, the Bible says so. The Koran says, that God spake unto Mahomet, do you believe that too? No. Why not? Because, you will say, you do not believe it; and so because you do, and because you don't is all the reason you can give for believing or disbelieving except that you will say that Mahomet was an impostor. And how do you know Moses was not an imposter? For my own part, I believe that all are impostors who pretend to hold verbal communication with the Deity. It is the way by which the world has been imposed upon; but if you think otherwise you have the same right to your opinion that I have to mine, and must answer for it in the same manner. But all this does not settle the point, whether the Bible be the 'word of God,' or not. It is therefore necessary to go a step further. The case then is: --

You form your opinion of God from the account given of him in the Bible; and I form my opinion of the Bible from the wisdom and goodness of God manifested in the structure of the universe, and in all works of Creation. The result in these two cases will be, that you, by taking the Bible for your standard, will have a bad opinion of God; and I, by taking God for my standard, shall have a bad opinion of the Bible.

The Bible represents God to be a changeable, passionate, vindictive Being; making a world and then drowning it, afterwards repenting of what he had done, and promising not to do so again. Setting one nation to cut the throats of another, and stopping the course of the sun till the butchery should be done. But the works of God in the Creation preach to us another doctrine. In that vast volume we see nothing to give us the idea of a changeable, passionate, vindictive God; everything we there behold impresses us with a contrary idea, -- that of unchangeableness and of eternal order, harmony, and goodness. The sun and the seasons return at their appointed time, and everything in the Creation proclaims that God is unchangeable. Now, which am I to believe, a book that any impostor might make and call the 'word of God,' or the Creation itself which none but an Almighty Power could make? For the Bible says one thing, and the Creation says the contrary. The Bible represents God with all the passions of a mortal, and the Creation proclaims him with all the attributes of a God.

It is from the Bible that man has learned cruelty, rapine, and murder; for the belief of a cruel God makes a cruel man. That bloodthirsty man, called the prophet Samuel, makes God to say, (i Sam. xv. 3,) "Now go and smite Amaleck, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
I'm a follower of Christ, been aware of the spiritual part of me and others since I was old enough to have conscious thought. I never understood the 'born again in the spirit' claim by religion, when obviously we are born with the spirit. Anyway Christ's life, teachings, death, resurrection and the Holy spirit all make sense to what I felt at my earliest age.

It also doesn't negate other's spiritual awareness that never knew of Christ or put another name to God.

I'm a follower of Christ but not of religion with all it's exclusiveness, christian usually means a follower of a religion so I don't claim to be one.

Kent

I have what many Christians would consider a warped view of spirituality. So it’s a bit of a comfort to find I am not alone.

I can’t see the things I’ve seen & not be convinced there’s a higher power.

Plus some of the best & most successful men I’ve known have been devout in their faith. Even if you could prove it was just a big fairy tale, there’s power in submitting ourselves to a higher power that guides our thoughts, words & actions

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Jesus said that God's desire is that NO man would perish. Everyone has a chance at salvation, no matter where they're born or who their parents are. How this happens to those in pagan countries we aren't told, just that it happens. Everyone, there and here, has a chance. Some grab it but the majority reject it, even when it's right in front of them. One thing's for sure, many on this forum can't stand in front of God at the judgement and say 'I never heard'. Just in reading this forum you've heard.

Sorry brother, this is a great forum w/ lots of good info but not a stellar source of moral or spiritual guidance. Or medical or financial advice. Spirituality comes in many forms not included in a book.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Spirituality doesn't equal salvation.

― George Orwell

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Sorry brother, this is a great forum w/ lots of good info but not a stellar source of moral or spiritual guidance. Or medical or financial advice. Spirituality comes in many forms not included in a book.

mike r

I find this to be very true.
After years of religion from the organized church corporations, I'll take Spirituality over religious salvation.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Spirituality doesn't equal salvation.

And yet salvation is 100% spiritual and 0% physical/worldly.

Kent

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

That's what I was taught in church too but it seems many of the Christians here disagree with you.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

There it is in a nutshell. You believe or you don't. You're saved or you're not. There's no other option.

― George Orwell

Page 4 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 6 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

601 members (10Glocks, 22250rem, 1_deuce, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 64 invisible), 2,172 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,284
Posts18,448,632
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.