Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#14578352 02/16/20
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It'll never happen. There's a proposal to join much of eastern and SW Oregon along with a chunk of northern CA to Idaho to form Greater Idaho. People in OR are sick of being run by raving liberal maniacs. To do it would require approval by the legislatures of each state plus congress. It would mean OR losing at least maybe 2 or 3 seats in congress and an equal number of EC votes that would change from blue to red. Potlandia would never do that. GREATER IDAHO

[Linked Image from bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Weed is illegal in ID and is likely to stay that way unless federal law changes. All the heads in SW OR would go crazy.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I gotta go torch a doob and think about it man.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The State of Jefferson has a better chance than that idea.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
And regarding the proposed boundaries, why stop at OR, why not include WA east of the Cascade Crest? It would increase the conservative population to help counteract Boise growth.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There goes the neighborhood!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Just like what the Jefferson Staters have been fighting since 1947. Central and southern California would be financially devastated by the chokehold of agricultural water that comes from Jefferson State. It would make the destruction of Owens Valley by Los Angeles water authority look like a church picnic. Water war on a grand scale. There is a legal process to statehood, but justice has been denied. The current states won't allow it, the Feds won't allow it...but we can't just quit fighting. Most of our legal actions were struck down in the 9th circuit court of appeals, maybe Trump can change the bias of the court.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like said above, ain't happening. Neither of 'em.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe to about Burns they can keep the rest of Oregon and Ca

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'd go no further west than the Oregon Cascades.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just east of Bend

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Why ? It would just eventually get infected by the leftists.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think Idaho would be the loser in that scenario. Just like the latest scheme to carve Cali up into smaller states. It looked to me like each one would still be ruled by a liberal enclave that would outvote the rest of the state and ultimately be detrimental to the rest of the states as well. The rural part of Cali is just fooked. Sorry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"IF" they would move the borders to the Eugene,Or. south city limits, I would be THRILLED with the idea of being in the new state!

Hate to admit it, but I have a Eugene address, although I am 7 miles southwest of of Eugene.

Virgil B.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I wouldn't care to see this proposal....heard some guy pitching it on the radio the other morning..

My counter proposal is to make a new state that consists of the 4 major cities on the West Coast...
Potlandia, Seattle, San Fran and L.A...

Getting rid of Potlandia would solve A LOT of Oregon's Political problems...

Getting rid of Seattle would solve a lot of Washington's

and getting Rid of the Bay Area and greater L.A. would get rid of a lot of CA's political problems..

or the other way would be in elections give each entire county ONE vote. who ever the winner is for that county, and then total up the votes for the winner of the election state wide... Oregon has 36 counties.. six went for the democRAT candidate for governor last time... 30 didn't....

on the last national election, of a little over 3100 counties in the entire USA, Trump carried a little over 3000 of them...
small urban geography carries leftist politics for the entire nation....its the tail wagging the dog... and leftists seem to hate the nation they live in....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always get a kick out of the "new state" schemes. Seems like Idaho is always involved one way or another.

Reality is we can't even get states to agree to end daylight savings time much less reorganize boundaries, state names, governments, laws, etc... Good grief, what a political cluster it would making a new state it would be if it ever were to become a reality, and it won't.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho would be nuts to take in Josephine County, OR. Just a couple years ago they reduced the sheriff's dept from 20 deputies to 2 and crime shot up 80%. From what I've read, i's become a drug and crime mecca. This proposal would take in a large share of OR's weed growing area. We don't need that.

― George Orwell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If I wanted to live in Idaho, I'd move there. Actually looked at it back in 2012/2013 and as soon as I looked at wages, it was soon forgotten. Not sure why some people think everyone is clamoring to get there.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A lot of people must be clamoring to get here. It's rated as the fastest growing state in the union right now, mostly in the Boise area. Check housing prices in Ada and Canyon counties. They've gone totally nuts. People are buying houses 50 miles away and commuting because they can't afford Boise.

― George Orwell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seafire, you forgot Sacramento. Now there's a toilet that needs a serious flushing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 16penny, 17CalFan, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,611 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,220
Posts18,466,431
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.