Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Some people have problems with ambien, others have none. I take 5mg ambien nightly. Immediately fall asleep. I don't have any of the problems associated with ambien. I guess I'm lucky. Ymmv

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I will 2nd the CBD it has really helped me. I use a product called Naturulz CBD, Ugli Butter ( night) (Don't buy the Daytime). I buy it at BIG R farm store. It is a cream and I use it on my hands and knee for arthritis, but the 2nd effect is it lets you sleep and with no hangover.
All the prescriptions I have tried and OTC meds gives me a hangover and groggy feeling the the AM

Straight CBD oil didn't seem to help much.
Your really have to watch on buying any of it as there is lot of snake oil with no CBD in it out there

Last edited by saddlesore; 02/17/20.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Stay away from the prescription drugs if you can. My ex wife was taking those and they made her crazier than a schit house rat. She tried a few different ones and they all made her loopy. She’d wake up talking nonsense like she was still dreaming and then sleep through whatever she had scheduled the next morning.
A glass of whiskey followed by a glass of water works well for me and don’t make me any crazier than I normally am.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by slumlord
Jack off and eat a bologna sandwich, that’s pretty good nap medicine.

Wash hands though, you filthy bastards.

Before or after you eat the bologna sandwich?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I drink a glass of cold milk an hour before bedtime.I am very sensitive to sounds at night so use white noise as a background and sleep like a baby.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I take an Advil PM on occasion and that seems to help me sleep through the night.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Love to sleep, nine solid hours last night.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Huntz

Jack off on the sandwich first!

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by 1minute
Almost forgot. Really good sex? So maybe a younger sharper girlfriend.

Beat me to it! When restless at bedtime, good sex always helps sleep after! The best sleeping pill in the world!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Huntz

Jack off on the sandwich first!

Special sauce.

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
These sleeping threads come up pretty often. I don't have a problem with going to sleep or staying asleep but my wife and practically all her family does. They have tried about all the remedies listed by posters here with varying degrees of success.
Some of them are pretty active and some sedentary.

These people struggle to get to sleep and once they get there they stay in bed till they wake up.

What I've wondered is this: Can you control how you go to sleep by controlling when you get up? It seems obvious from the struggle these people go through that you can't force yourself to go to sleep but you can, however, force yourself to get up.

If you force yourself to get up at a regular time even though you don't have all the sleep you need, will the accumulated tiredness let you go to sleep closer to the time you need to?

Last edited by WhiteFawn; 02/17/20. Reason: add missing word for clarity
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by hotsoup
Some people have problems with ambien, others have none. I take 5mg ambien nightly. Immediately fall asleep. I don't have any of the problems associated with ambien. I guess I'm lucky. Ymmv

Been taking it long? I thought it was highly addictive. A good friend started sleep walking when the was taking it. We were fishing at South Padre and he graduated to sleep walking/driving. He left to go home at about 4:00 am (we didn't know he was leaving). He crossed the center line just south of Laredo and hit another vehicle head on. He didn't remember the accident and didn't know where he was. He called us from the hospital.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I sleep best when I keep regular hours, stay up on my feet all day, walk or work when I get home, stay off sodas and tea after 3:00 pm. I didn’t sleep well last night because I slept late, took afternoon nap. I’ll be fine tonight.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm usually in the same camp, wake up to pee and have a hard time falling asleep. Last night I took a Nyquil and went to bed at 10:30. Got up at 10am today! First time I've slept that late in 30-40 years!

LOL
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'm one of those in the hard to stay asleep categories. I get to sleep quickly and easily, for the most part, but then I also often wake up from a few to a lot often, too.

Since I've been doing the keto thing, I've stayed asleep better. Not sure why, other than my appetite is more easily satisfied, so that I don't over-eat.

Last night was a good example. I fell asleep nearly immediately after going to be around 10 PM I woke up 3 hours later at 1AM. I had problems getting back to sleep but once I did around 2AM, I slept until 6:10. That's about the best I usually get.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a hard time last night

Don't you listen. Like I said, a new girl friend.

1Minute
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by 1minute
I had a hard time last night

Don't you listen. Like I said, a new girl friend.

My left hand don’t work too good for that.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Glycine.....a natural amino acid. Melatonin can work well but becomes addictive. You're body will quit making its own. I take 4000mg of glycine and I find it helps getting and staying asleep.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
On the exercise front. Don't know what medical or physical limitations you have, but walking may be an option and more effective than you might think. If possible, try to work up to at least 30 minutes and 45 minutes or more would be better. But if you've been really sedentary, gradually build up on distance or time. Don't have to go all out to start. Eventually, you might do both a morning and evening walk as well. Since you're retired, time and schedule shouldn't be a constraint.

On melatonin, less might be more. Instead of a full 5 mg or 3 mg dose, try breaking a 3 mg pill in half and taking 1.5 mg 30 minutes before bedtime with maybe a little warm milk. Other OTC option is Benadryl (Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride). With any sleep aid, try smaller doses first and probably best to not take them every night to avoid dependency. Use sleep aids as little as possible. Not a doctor, but have dealt with insomnia. I'd emphasize the exercise. The body is meant to move to stay healthy and once that is ceded, it's a downhill trip where you'll be boxed in by medical options only.

Good luck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I cut a 10 mg amitriptylene in half (5mg) It does not knock me out, it just lets me fall asleep. No groggy feeling in the morning. I'm good for 6 hours of sleep. if I do the full 10 mg I am a total waste in the morning. 5mg works just fine.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 02/17/20.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

719 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 77 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,242
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.