Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A lot of people must be clamoring to get here. It's rated as the fastest growing state in the union right now, mostly in the Boise area. Check housing prices in Ada and Canyon counties. They've gone totally nuts. People are buying houses 50 miles away and commuting because they can't afford Boise.

Good luck with all the Californian's clamoring to get there.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Extend that southern border of Idaho into Nevada as far south as Ely.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Extend that southern border of Idaho into Nevada as far south as Ely.

mike r

You'd have to jog it a bit to exclude Reno.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I gotta go torch a doob and think about it man.

🀣

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Democraps looking to take over another state, are invading Idaho. Just like they did Oregon and Washington. Look out Idaho!

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I would be for it.

Something has got to give here in Northern California.

I love Oregon and Washington but politics have ruined me as I get older.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Just like what the Jefferson Staters have been fighting since 1947. Central and southern California would be financially devastated by the chokehold of agricultural water that comes from Jefferson State. It would make the destruction of Owens Valley by Los Angeles water authority look like a church picnic. Water war on a grand scale. There is a legal process to statehood, but justice has been denied. The current states won't allow it, the Feds won't allow it...but we can't just quit fighting. Most of our legal actions were struck down in the 9th circuit court of appeals, maybe Trump can change the bias of the court.

I think SoCal gets more water form the Eastern Sierra and the Colorado River doesn't it?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by smarquez
Just like what the Jefferson Staters have been fighting since 1947. Central and southern California would be financially devastated by the chokehold of agricultural water that comes from Jefferson State. It would make the destruction of Owens Valley by Los Angeles water authority look like a church picnic. Water war on a grand scale. There is a legal process to statehood, but justice has been denied. The current states won't allow it, the Feds won't allow it...but we can't just quit fighting. Most of our legal actions were struck down in the 9th circuit court of appeals, maybe Trump can change the bias of the court.

I think SoCal gets more water form the Eastern Sierra and the Colorado River doesn't it?

The delta....
I may be wrong

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by fester

The delta....
I may be wrong

You're not wrong in that it gets NorCal water. Not sure if it's more or less than the LA Water System or the Colorado Aqueduct though:

https://www.watereducation.org/aquapedia/california-aqueduct

The California Aqueduct, a critical part of the State Water Project, carries water from the Sacramento-San Joaquin Deltato the San Joaquin Valley and Southern California.

A lot of the NorCal water, including water that is suppose to flow down the Trinity River to the Pacific by way of the Klamath, goes to support farming in the Central Valley. It's always a good thing to move water (and organisms?) from one watershed to a completely different one, right?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would be for it.

fester,

Unfortunately for us, nothing is likely to give here in NorCal............any more than it has in Northern NY, parts of NJ, Western MA, and to some extent PA.

Rural areas just have less voice, the nature of the beast as it is.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I would be for it.

fester,

Unfortunately for us, nothing is likely to give here in NorCal............any more than it has in Northern NY, parts of NJ, Western MA, and to some extent PA.

Rural areas just have less voice, the nature of the beast as it is.

Geno

Yeah, your right, unfortunately.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A lot of people must be clamoring to get here. It's rated as the fastest growing state in the union right now, mostly in the Boise area. Check housing prices in Ada and Canyon counties. They've gone totally nuts. People are buying houses 50 miles away and commuting because they can't afford Boise.

It's great if you are selling...Houses that sold for $130K 5 years ago are going for $275k now...Ours will be hitting the market March 15...

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

The delta....
I may be wrong

You're not wrong in that it gets NorCal water. Not sure if it's more or less than the LA Water System or the Colorado Aqueduct though:

The California Aqueduct, a critical part of the State Water Project, carries water from the Sacramento-San Joaquin Deltato the San Joaquin Valley and Southern California.

A lot of the NorCal water, including water that is suppose to flow down the Trinity River to the Pacific by way of the Klamath, goes to support farming in the Central Valley. It's always a good thing to move water (and organisms?) from one watershed to a completely different one, right?

Geno

I was in a training class last week and a guy was in charge of sending water to LA(Cali)
He told me that if it wasn’t for them pulling river water the bay would turn into a fresh water lake
and if they didn’t the rivers would be brackish.......

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rock Chuck: I wish those folks well in the attempt at meaningful. pro-America, pro-capitalist societies/state!
But alas it ain't never gonna happen - the demonrats know this would be the death knell of their pro-communist, pro-socialsist, anti-American, kalifornicationkopianing of the United States of America.
And the demonrats would obstruct and fight at every turn, to the end.
Again I wish those involved the best of luck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
My 1st words in my OP were 'It'll never happen'. The people in Salem would never vote to give up all that tax money, seats in the house, and EC votes.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If there was an increase in available representatives somehow, the left would support the breakup then immediately move to take over the new districts.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The delta....
I may be wrong

Geno

I was in a training class last week and a guy was in charge of sending water to LA(Cali)
He told me that if it wasn’t for them pulling river water the bay would turn into a fresh water lake
and if they didn’t the rivers would be brackish..

Well, that's an interesting take on things, but in a way he's "right", sort of. It's the way it was before they started sending Sacramento and San Joaquin water south. The Bay/Delta was fresher, by a little, but the lower rivers were actually "fresher" too and less brackish as there was more water going down them. And more salmon going up them too!

And it's had quite an effect on certain species there too. Oh well, Angelinos, and San Diegans need water too. And we all like lettuce, grapes, oranges, and the Chinese and us like almonds.................a lot!

Geno

In it is contentment

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Dang, I hope if this happens that Boise doesn't become a liberal chit hole haven....... laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΞΌΞΏΞ»α½ΌΞ½ λαβέ
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Boise is already pretty liberal...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eric1186
Boise is already pretty liberal...
Ada County (Boise) was 48% for Trump last election, 39% Clinton. There were some blue precincts but overall they're still red. It's getting more liberal all the time but it's not even close to Potland or Seattle.

― George Orwell

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (35, 44mc, 2UP, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 15 invisible), 1,500 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,582
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.