Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
best ever... have several and wear daily

What is $72 worth of "best ever"?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
best ever... have several and wear daily

What is $72 worth of "best ever"?

Odd, they're $29 on Patagonia's website. Still a lot for nylon, but you can use the buckle to open that beer bottle.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by beretzs

Same here. He makes great belts and suspenders can bite into the belt well too. His belts are about all I wear.

Guys I wear 6 pocket pants & there’s something in each one.
& a Buck 119 knife & sheath.
That’s xtra weight and WHY I wear suspenders + a belt.

If you haven’t tried it.... they work.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by andrews1958
What would you recommend for a good heavy duty pant belt.

Something rugged enough to hold up your pants along with a knife, wallet, and whatever else you have heavy in your pockets. My regular jean belt does not seem heavy enough.

Go to the "Bullhide Belts" website. This is what you are looking for.. https://www.bullhidebelts.com/collections/gun-belts . These cost a little more than some belts, but they will last forever. You can even buy hardware for them if you need to replace a lost fastener or buckle. I have 3 of their belts. Two are regular dress belts and one is a heavy gun/hunting type belt. They are all quality.

Last edited by reivertom; 02/17/20.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have a camo belt

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Great info. Thanks

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Any good belt designed for carrying a handgun will work well. I like Ted Blocker, Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen belts. For less money, Galco makes some decent belts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Andy3
Occidental leather belts are the best I've found. They are the same guys that make carpenter tool and nail bags. Other than changing color, my every day/8 year old belt still looks new.

1.5" or 2" wide.

http://occidentalleather.com/cat.php?cat_ID=58

Andy3

My other belt. It is good as well.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
I use the 1.5" double thickness belts Filson makes, I have two of them and also a 1.25" version. .

I agree on this belt. I have had one for many years now. Where it hunting with a handgun and knife on it and it still isn't even scratched.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Leather. Nylon belts are for Boy Scouts.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Go to home depot and get a carpenter tool belt, and a set of their suspenders for about fifteen bucks. Just don't tell anyone you have them on under your best or jacket.

Or, spend $85. on one of my gun belts.

W. Bill

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by dan_oz
The whole "tactical" thing may be a bit of a wank, but I actually do like my 5.11 Operator belt for hunting, and as a jeans belt. It is 1 3/4" wide, double thickness and quite stiff, so it holds its shape and spreads the load a bit better than narrower belts, and doesn't sag or get out of shape if I hang stuff off it either. It also can be adjusted snugly, without needing holes, and it is very comfortable. The free end stays put too, with velcro, rather than flapping around. I've had it for several years, and it seems very durable.

Maybe the noise of Velcro separating is nothing to worry about, but I prefer to not have it on hunting gear.

Why would you be undoing your belt as you sneak up on a deer?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On the off chance that's not a bit of humour, when still-hunting the whole day is spent sneaking up on critters within earshot. I can't hold it that long.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Wilderness Instructor Belt with 5-stitch upgrade.

Stiff and strong belt. I can hold up a sidearm, knife and pockets full of stuff without issue. It’s rot proof and the polymer, Ti or powder busted steel bibles are essentially rust proof.

You can send it in and for a small fee have the hook and loop replaced, so it essentially won’t wear out.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm a big fan of leather for everyday wear. For hunting I prefer heavy duty nylon like the Wilderness, mainly due to hunting in the rain.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
On the off chance that's not a bit of humour, when still-hunting the whole day is spent sneaking up on critters within earshot. I can't hold it that long.

So you're going to put your gear down, dig yourself a little hole,get your toilet paper out, drop your strides, squat down and give birth to a politician, and the thing you're worried about is that the sound of you undoing your belt might cost you the opportunity to drop a deer while you're squatting there?

I still hunt too,rifle and bow, and I have to admit that this is not something I've ever worried about...made me laugh though.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Go to home depot and get a carpenter tool belt, and a set of their suspenders for about fifteen bucks. Just don't tell anyone you have them on under your best or jacket.

Or, spend $85. on one of my gun belts.

W. Bill

P O U & your $85. belt

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
I use the 1.5" double thickness belts Filson makes, I have two of them and also a 1.25" version. .

I agree on this belt. I have had one for many years now. Where it hunting with a handgun and knife on it and it still isn't even scratched.

x3, I’ve had my Filson belt for about 10 years. Still going strong. Prior to this I had a belt made by Simply Rugged, same folks who make the pancake holsters in Alaska. That sucker was heavy duty, but it...uh...shrunk, so I bought the Filson 😁

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another vote for the Wilderness 5 stitch. I like the 1.5" Frequent Flyer with polymer ring buckles, much lighter than the heavy metal buckle on the Instructor model.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wilderness belt. These types of belts, velcro and all, are worn by people who hunt people. Ask your local Delta or SEAL guy if he wears a leather belt. I like the idea of fancy leather belts and have several but they aren't the same.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

169 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 260madman, 338reddog, 360bull, 31 invisible), 1,252 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,464
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.