Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickBin
Wish we could as well.

Gotta go Gen3 here in PRK.

Lunacy ...

Can you buy a used Gen 2? They don't have the finger grooves either. I had a Gen 2 Glock 19 back in the early 1990s. Wish I hadn't sold it a few years later. I was too into double action revolvers and 1911s to think well of the Glock trigger back then. I called it a "staple gun" trigger.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is this? An infomercial? Gonna sell some G5s! Lol.

Nice to know they get better......unlike some products which go in reverse....thinking key lock S&W's.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just got home a few minutes ago from buying the exact same pistol - G19 Gen 5 with the Ameriglo sights.

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Even with all the newer, smaller pistols available, I think the G19 still makes a lot of sense for a carry piece.

I've been renting several striker fired pistols to compare them and at first much preferred the longer grip of the G17. But after buying a G34 - which I really like and which is very easy to shoot - I just couldn't see a use for a G17. The G19 always seemed too big to easily conceal or fit comfortably IWB but last night I stuck my G44 with same dimensions into my waistband and carried it around the house for a few hours. It's obviously bigger than my Sig P365 but it soon feels normal at 8:00 (left hand carry) and the butt tucks in well enough to conceal under a cover garment like a hoodie.

Have been learning a lot recently about self-defense style shooting compared to "one well aimed shot" shooting, so this morning I rented another G19 to give it a second try. This time, with what I've learned about proper grip and the practice that G44 has given me, I shot it really well and the shorter grip compared to the 17 or 34 wasn't an issue at all.

The local gun store had a price I couldn't refuse so...

Have two serious carry guns now - the Sig P365 for times I will need that little bit of extra concealment and this G19 for when I can use a cover garment.

Good guns, these Glocks. Who knew? wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Shshshsh. Don't let too many people know about Glocks. We want to keep it a, more or less, secret fraternity.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Just got home a few minutes ago from buying the exact same pistol - G19 Gen 5 with the Ameriglo sights.

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Even with all the newer, smaller pistols available, I think the G19 still makes a lot of sense for a carry piece.

I've been renting several striker fired pistols to compare them and at first much preferred the longer grip of the G17. But after buying a G34 - which I really like and which is very easy to shoot - I just couldn't see a use for a G17. The G19 always seemed too big to easily conceal or fit comfortably IWB but last night I stuck my G44 with same dimensions into my waistband and carried it around the house for a few hours. It's obviously bigger than my Sig P365 but it soon feels normal at 8:00 (left hand carry) and the butt tucks in well enough to conceal under a cover garment like a hoodie.

Have been learning a lot recently about self-defense style shooting compared to "one well aimed shot" shooting, so this morning I rented another G19 to give it a second try. This time, with what I've learned about proper grip and the practice that G44 has given me, I shot it really well and the shorter grip compared to the 17 or 34 wasn't an issue at all.

The local gun store had a price I couldn't refuse so...

Have two serious carry guns now - the Sig P365 for times I will need that little bit of extra concealment and this G19 for when I can use a cover garment.

Good deal, and with the G44 already in your inventory, the G19 is almost a requirement.....grin

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many sold their older Gen 19s to get the latest? Seems like a few.....

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 65BR

My Gen 4 19 is going up for sale, for sure. Soon as my 43X sells, the Gen 4 19 is going up.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

We still have our older Glocks. Gen2 full-size models 17, 21, and 22. Gen4 19, Gen5 19.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

Not me....like my wife, my gen 4 has been too good of a companion for a long time to just be dumped off for a younger model! However it most likely will be relegated to "side chick" status once i get my gen 5 properly broken in after a few more range sessions!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a Hen 3 with probably 10,000 rounds through it and it’s staying.

I like my Gen 5 model 45, but it’ll take time to be a confident in it as the old G19

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
TRH, I bought my Gen 5 19 a little less than 2 years ago. It's the one with factory installed Ameriglo sights and no front slide serrations. It's a blue label Glock that I paid about $450 for. I've owned and carried Glocks since 1987. I have total faith in them!

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
All I can say is everyone that hated Glock's should at least try a Gen 5. It might not be your cup of tea but I've yet to see a person shoot one and not be pleased with it.

I still shoot my M&P 2.0's better but there are things I like better about the Gen 5 Glock's.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR
I still shoot my M&P 2.0's better but there are things I like better about the Gen 5 Glock's.

Like what?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
$12 magazines for one, it seems no matter how I grab the G45 or G17, it winds up perfectly in my hand, the compliant that they point high means I break my wrists over a little more giving me more support for a faster follow up shot, the grip texture is about perfect and doesn't eat holes in my shirts, they are accurate and I love the front slide serrations.

Negatives are a trigger I'm still learning, a shallow trigger guard that rubs my finger wrong after firing 2-300 rounds, and that's about it.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
TRH, I bought my Gen 5 19 a little less than 2 years ago. It's the one with factory installed Ameriglo sights and no front slide serrations. It's a blue label Glock that I paid about $450 for. I've owned and carried Glocks since 1987. I have total faith in them!

Ron

Yep, they are one of the very few guns that you can load up fresh out of the box, stick it in your holster, and be fully confident it will work if needed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those $12 mags - who makes them / source?

Can't argue with anyone who loves their pre-5 models. I will have to handle a 5......

Btw, can someone tell me what a 'Blue Label' gun is? LEO?

As to the above comment, history / track record has to agree that one can be very confident in a Glock out the box...and I will say perhaps the 2.0 Smiths as well. They just seem to run..........rare to hear of any issues.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It's 2020, there are a lot of very good defensive handgun options that are as reliable as Glock. Most are probably more ergonomic, just as reliable, accurate and durable. My Gen3 G19 doesn't get carried or shot much since the M&P 2.0 Compact hit the scene.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Those $12 mags - who makes them / source?

Can't argue with anyone who loves their pre-5 models. I will have to handle a 5......

Btw, can someone tell me what a 'Blue Label' gun is? LEO?

As to the above comment, history / track record has to agree that one can be very confident in a Glock out the box...and I will say perhaps the 2.0 Smiths as well. They just seem to run..........rare to hear of any issues.

Blue Label refers to the color coded labels on every Glock box. Each color means something, and the blue ones mean that they are designated for law enforcement officers (purchased new), and carry a discounted price. My police trade in Glock 22 has a Blue Label box, so was originally sold to a police officer or department.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MOGC
It's 2020, there are a lot of very good defensive handgun options that are as reliable as Glock. Most are probably more ergonomic, just as reliable, accurate and durable. My Gen3 G19 doesn't get carried or shot much since the M&P 2.0 Compact hit the scene.

It's a significantly heavier gun than the Glock 19.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MOGC
My Gen3 G19 doesn't get carried or shot much since the M&P 2.0 Compact hit the scene.

Choice-Supportive Bias or Post-Purchase Rationalization is the tendency to retroactively ascribe positive attributes to an option one has selected to purchase. grin

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 21, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 3,346 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.