Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
From the link....

In 2019, The Associated Press reported that nearly 300 cases of missing Native American women and girls were reported to law enforcement in Montana.

Ya I know life can be wild and crazy and brutal on the Rez, and that a lot of missing girls merely took off, but is that 300 girls missing in a YEAR just from Montana?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I spent about 8 weeks on the Crow/Cheyenne res when I was 15 working for the Youth Conservation Corp, it was quite a place then (1970's). Lots off alcohol abuse and serious violence. I imagine with meth etc added to the age old alcohol problem, things have gotten much much worse. Not sure how law enforcement jurisdiction works on the Montana reservations. Jurisdictional issues might contribute to the situation.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
It’s not always the parents. I dislike the knee-jerk blame parents get. Some kids just make bad choices.

As far as the kid, he’ll be cooling his heels in juvie until he’s 21.

P

can be held as a juvenile up to 25 in some states.

Longer if tried as an adult. Wonder if the Billings prosecutor will go that route.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Who doesn't really like slushies?

I hate em.

But with vodka, well, I've had worse.

Fellas,

take that for what it's worth, but if I'm remembering back a few hundred threads, I think we're dealing with a White Claw drinker here shocked

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
Can we guess the race of the youngins ?

White or red.

Trump Won!
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
From the link....

In 2019, The Associated Press reported that nearly 300 cases of missing Native American women and girls were reported to law enforcement in Montana.

Ya I know life can be wild and crazy and brutal on the Rez, and that a lot of missing girls merely took off, but is that 300 girls missing in a YEAR just from Montana?

There is a movie on Netflix, Wind River that talks about that.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
'Nother sad story, same neck of the woods; 16yo Indian girl wanders off from the rest area north of Hardin on New Year's Day, dunno the time, left there by a group coming home from a party, maybe in Billings, gone when a relative arrived to pick her up. It was unseasonably warm at that time for Montana; lows only in the 30's that night and New Year's Eve, highs close to 50, not cold enough to dress for serious cold . Maybe she passed out and died from hypothermia I dunno.

16 years old, looks like a nice kid.

https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/body-found-near-rest-area-montana-confirmed-be-selena-not-n1118951

IIRC Hardin is about 25 miles south, I stopped in at that small rest area to take a nap back in July on my bike trip headed south from Billings to the Little Big Horn, the usual friendly folks I encountered everywhere up there. Didn't think a tragedy quite like this would happen there.

If you were familiar with the area you wouldnt be supprised at all.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by viking
From the link....

Mostly indian on indian violence. Outsiders can't fathom how bad the situation on the reservations actually is and the Crow is one of the worst.
The crow is about to get alot worse too. 80 some percent of the tribes income comes from coal royalties and the mine is on it's way out. When that happens hang on.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Given the town/location I would guess white kids.

If it was south Billings..it might not be white.

No matter, white kids make bad choices too.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by viking
From the link....

Seen it, great movie.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
Given the town/location I would guess white kids.

If it was south Billings..it might not be white.

No matter, white kids make bad choices too.

That's the general area it took place in.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Black, Indian, White, hispanic. Most kids today are useless

Sam......

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
the crow were pretty messed up in the old days, too

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
People are crazy.

If a kid has to have a vehicle to drive, it should be a regular cab pickup with a single bucket seat for the driver.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 63 invisible), 2,789 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,257
Posts18,467,069
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.