Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My hunting partner (aka "The Mrs.") and I are in our 60's. Your stories and photos are an inspiration to us, and remind us that the best may be yet to come, Lord willing. By the way, my wife is also pleased with her Ruger American in 7mm-08.
Thank you.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffyD
My hunting partner (aka "The Mrs.") and I are in our 60's. Your stories and photos are an inspiration to us, and remind us that the best may be yet to come, Lord willing. By the way, my wife is also pleased with her Ruger American in 7mm-08.
Thank you.

I cut this out of a magazine years back and Scotch taped it to the frame of a picture of my wife and a moose she shot back in 1992

" I love to hunt alone. It is FAR more satisfying and rewarding to have done it all by one's own efforts and skill...EXCEPT when my wife can accompany me."

I look at this often and realize I have a great one.

Kudos to you as well. May the both of you have many more hunts to look forward to.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I was at Chicotte during the strike in Sept. They brought in managers non union from off the island to keep the place running. The one at Chicotte had been a guide in past years at Chicotte and knew me from then. Told me to take a pickup and hunt wherever I wanted in their territory. After hunting there 26 times he wasn't concerned that I would get in trouble. Everyone hunted. Take was down. They tried their best with food and housekeeping. .Word I received was that they would shut down and refund money rather than operate again during a strike. They did refund a substantial amount to compensate

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the input, Joe.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo, the wind got pretty much taken from my sails this morning. I have been "keyboard" friends with a fellow from Canada pretty much for the last 15 YEARS. We share a great many common interests, but 2 in particular are the love of the Savage lever gun and deer hunting. Well, this covid 19 thingy seems to be really taking it's toll on folks. Maybe it's my age, but I just can't wrap my head around this self inflicted fear. Sure, take the needed precautions, but don't let it consume your life. At any rate, something President did or said regarding 3M and Canada rubbed this guy the wrong way and for that I am truly sorry but for him to say that American hunters and fisherman maybe shouldn't come to Canada because the welcome wouldn't be a warm one. I believe there is way more to this covid 19 thing that meets the eye. Sorry for the rant. We WILL put this behind us and move forward once again.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Angry at the USA and not at China makes a lot of sense. Good Grief

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
F
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo, the wind got pretty much taken from my sails this morning. I have been "keyboard" friends with a fellow from Canada pretty much for the last 15 YEARS. We share a great many common interests, but 2 in particular are the love of the Savage lever gun and deer hunting. Well, this covid 19 thingy seems to be really taking it's toll on folks. Maybe it's my age, but I just can't wrap my head around this self inflicted fear. Sure, take the needed precautions, but don't let it consume your life. At any rate, something President did or said regarding 3M and Canada rubbed this guy the wrong way and for that I am truly sorry but for him to say that American hunters and fisherman maybe shouldn't come to Canada because the welcome wouldn't be a warm one. I believe there is way more to this covid 19 thing that meets the eye. Sorry for the rant. We WILL put this behind us and move forward once again.

Lets see if there is a season there this year before we get too excited. A resurgence of the virus in fall or if it is prolonged into September, it will probably close the island down for the season. I do not know about you but I would hate to be at Chicotte if it flairs up. As for the Canadians, relax. Intemperate words go away and tempers will cool. Besides, 3M, despite Trump, is continuing to supply masks to Canada. 3M has been able increase the US supply from 3M China. But on the other hand I used to work for 3M and worked extensively with 3M Canada, so I can probably cover my bases.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (2500HD, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 41 invisible), 2,664 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,291
Posts18,467,947
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.