Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
Since some are slamming me for killing someone else's trees, the owner does nothing along this fence line or his other fences. Everything grows wild and is never touched. They are completely bare right now, and if they just never grew leaves, oh well.

Now you are sounding like a liberal. What gives you the right to tell them how to maintain or not maintain land that you don’t own. Basically it’s none of your damn business. You want to do it legally fine. He gives you permission fine. Otherwise mind your own damn business. There’s more than a few places around here that are eyesores, not maintained and I would like to see them gone but I don’t own it, the village and county don’t give a sh*t so I just have to live with it. Tough world isn’t it.

And there you go again.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sumac berries rock, one of the best natural dyes there is, use copper II sulfate as a mordant and it produces a permanent colorfast dark grey.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Blow up their mailbox in the wee hours of the morning with a M80

Mike

Yup, good idea. Go from killing a tree that’s not yours or fugging up a car that’s not yours to 2 maybe 3 Federal felonies. Blowing up a mailbox is one for sure, possession/ use of a class B destructive device is 2 and now days maybe a domestic terrorism charge. Nothing like getting the Feds crawling up everybody’s ass in the area. Damn good advice on the fire today.

Life isn't as much fun as it used to be, the feminization of our legal establishment.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For you deviants, could the OP put salt on his side of the fence to sterilize his soil so the suckers don't come up on his side? Or maybe use a commercial product to do the same thing, w/o harming the neighbors sumac?

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
In other words, you don't have balls enough to go talk to your neighbor face to face like a man. It is his property - you want advice on how to be a criminal. Good luck.

And yet, you support Nadler, Schitff, Pelosi and the rest of the schloms trying to destroy our entire Republic.

He's just trying to kill a weed tree.

Such the moral pilgrim of stature you are..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
In other words, you don't have balls enough to go talk to your neighbor face to face like a man. It is his property - you want advice on how to be a criminal. Good luck.

And yet, you support Nadler, Schitff, Pelosi and the rest of the schloms trying to destroy our entire Republic.

He's just trying to kill a weed tree.

Such the moral pilgrim of stature you are..

No, he is trying to kill, destroy the private property that belongs to someone else. It doesn't matter whether the owner planted it or not. It is not the OP's. Constitutionally speaking, he doesn't have a right to do that. But you hypercons are definitely not Constitutionalists, except when it suits you. Patriots of Convenience, and hypocrites that are destroying America. But we know all that. You guys exhibit this every single day here.

And by the way I do not, and never have, supported Nadler, Schift, or Pelosi. But when they act within the scope of the Constitution - which they did - they are at least law abiding. More than I can say for many here.

Last edited by LeroyBeans; 02/18/20.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jnyork
Let's see here, we have:

Killing your neighbors trees on the sly.

Sugaring a gas tank.

Blowing up a mail box.

Burning bag of dog poop on the porch.

Are there any grownups here? eek

Add sabotaging khan/wifes combat size bottle of texas pete,s hotsauce with flavorless clear liquid laxative back in the day when she really pissed ya off about something ya cant even remember now.

whistle smirk laugh laugh laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Let's see here, we have:

Sugaring a gas tank.

Blowing up a mail box.

I forgot; sue 'em for everything they own.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OAM
Since some are slamming me for killing someone else's trees, the owner does nothing along this fence line or his other fences. Everything grows wild and is never touched. They are completely bare right now, and if they just never grew leaves, oh well.

Dont explain yourself! You wana kill some dudes trees? Im in...

See Wayne? Now you're attracting all sorts of random internet psychos.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Always try talking to the Guy.... Most of them are just plain lazy so ask them if you can clear it and mow on thier side of the fence so you don’t have to keep cutting things out of the fence....
Then spray roundup at the bottom of the fence yearly... to keep it that way.

IF the other guys is a jerk ...

Leave that fence there and build a second 6 foot wood fence inside the other fence that is closed (nothing can grow through)... then cut all the junk between them and spray round up to kill anything between those fences and mow it... problem solved.

IC B3

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by OAM

Dont explain yourself! You wana kill some dudes trees? Im in...

See Wayne? Now you're attracting all sorts of random internet psychos.

It was a joke. Id be pissed if someone killed my trees without asking. If they came to me and asked "do you mind if I cut down those trees before they crush my fence"? Or anything along those lines. I would say "go for it! Keep the firewood too". Unless it was my neighbor to the east. I would tell him to go [bleep] himself.

Last edited by OAM; 02/18/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Now you are sounding like a liberal. What gives you the right to tell them how to maintain or not maintain land that you don’t own. Basically it’s none of your damn business. You want to do it legally fine. He gives you permission fine. Otherwise mind your own damn business. There’s more than a few places around here that are eyesores, not maintained and I would like to see them gone but I don’t own it, the village and county don’t give a sh*t so I just have to live with it. Tough world isn’t it.

And there you go again.

It isn't your land and they can do whatever the law allows them to do with their property. If you don't like it you can live with it, move, or go talk to your neighbor about allowing you to cut them down.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the Seattle area, a blocked view of the water by one neighbor's tree or a tree in the park can reduce the home value by $0.5M.

Who you gonna call?
The tree hit man.
Some young man with plenty of risk taking male hormone.
He uses many of the above mentioned tricks, plus....

On the fourth of July there is a lot of noise from firecrackers and sirens. This noise will cover the sound of a handsaw. He cuts 3 rings through the bark. They will know who did it. Just stand of the front porch and the incentive can be reduced to 1, 2, or 3 homes that benefit. But they can't prove anything.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

Samurai mean assassin

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The answer to all your problems is Det Cord.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I’ve seen ammate kill trees. Check out Spike.

DF

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by stantdm
I
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

And there you go again.

It isn't your land and they can do whatever the law allows them to do with their property. If you don't like it you can live with it, move, or go talk to your neighbor about allowing you to cut them down.

Until yours encroaches on mine which doesn’t sound like what’s described here.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
The sumac trees in our back fields are scrubby, ugly nuisance trees. They get about 10-12 ft tall, 3” caliper and then take a shît and die after about 5 years.

The deer like the berries and the labyrinth of cover their crooked-ass trunks weave.

When I think of sumac, I think of some un maintained growth of weeds, vines, scrub. Bush hog tear them up easily enough.

Cannot think of anyone that would want this as an ‘ornamental’. Unless there’s some desirable sub species.

Lots of sumac species and many are very desirable. Most, if not all, have wood exhibiting varying degrees of fluorescence under a black light. Staghorn, a possible species in this discussion glows in yellow and blue bands on the growth rings. African sumac is often grown in hot desert areas and has beautiful, dense, hardwood similar to many rosewoods. When fresh cut it is light colored and glows brilliant yellow under the black light. The wood darkens to deep red under UV light rather quickly and fluorescence fades.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The OP simply asked how to kill a tree.

That's a little (really a lot) disingenuous.
He wants to know how to kill a tree that doesn't belong to him in a manner in which he won't get caught.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Let's see here, we have:

Sugaring a gas tank.

Blowing up a mail box.

No........no grownups here.

How about slashing his tires? That might send the right message. laugh

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'm just trying to figure out why it was even mentioned that it was in a neighbors yard. Just ask about how to kill sumac and leave it at that.

Last edited by killerv; 02/18/20.
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
94 members (160user, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 1,657 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,766
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.