Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
Since some are slamming me for killing someone else's trees, the owner does nothing along this fence line or his other fences. Everything grows wild and is never touched. They are completely bare right now, and if they just never grew leaves, oh well.

Then go ask him if you can cut the trees.
Making excuses won't make it right to do it any other way.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Last edited by Miss_Lynn; 02/18/20. Reason: Longer eyelashes
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Until yours encroaches on mine which doesn’t sound like what’s described here.

Yes sir, I had that 4 years ago, tree branch about 4” diameter extending 25 ft across my drive in front of the garage. Tree sits on both sides of the property line. Neighbor wasn’t happy when I had that branch cut back to the tree but legally I could. I couldn’t legally kill the tree but could trim what was on my property.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Sumac berries rock, one of the best natural dyes there is, use copper II sulfate as a mordant and it produces a permanent colorfast dark grey.

I'll try to remember that.

If I recall correctly, Euell Gibbons recommended sumac and elderberry berries in some water as a cool, refreshing summer drink too.

All this info in just a little over 2 hours according to my pages too. Must be a hot topic.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn

good mornin' Lynn,

How many pages are you guessing?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Since some are slamming me for killing someone else's trees, the owner does nothing along this fence line or his other fences. Everything grows wild and is never touched. They are completely bare right now, and if they just never grew leaves, oh well.

I don't give 2 $hits its not your tree or your land. Your probably the same guy that would post on here like a maniac if your neighbor killed your tree and how u got the law involved and the lawsuit your bringing against him. If you don't like the neighbors move. Living where u do isn't a prison sentence u can leave any time you want. Maybe go talk to the guy like a f'ing man and say hey I'd like those trees to not grow to full size next to the fence. If he tells you to F off then I guess your gonna have some new trees to look at.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Sumac berries rock, one of the best natural dyes there is, use copper II sulfate as a mordant and it produces a permanent colorfast dark grey.

If I recall correctly, Euell Gibbons recommended sumac and elderberry berries in some water as a cool, refreshing summer drink too.

All this info in just a little over 2 hours according to my pages too. Must be a hot topic.

Geno

Geno , Ole Boy, the nefarious, the spec ops and the arcane never fails to entertain !!!

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by 6mm250
....or you could take a paper sack full of schit and put it on their doorstep , set fire to it , then ring their doorbell , run like hell.

Mike

I did that once

they never answered the door, thought the door frame was gonna catch on fire. So I ran back over and used his water hose to put it out.

What a mess

Ashes, partially cooked dog shît. I’m sure the confusion read like a Far Side comic when they finally seen the remnants of the failed assault.

TFF!!

Camp is where you make it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Yes sir, I had that 4 years ago, tree branch about 4” diameter extending 25 ft across my drive in front of the garage. Tree sits on both sides of the property line. Neighbor wasn’t happy when I had that branch cut back to the tree but legally I could. I couldn’t legally kill the tree but could trim what was on my property.

Swifty, you could legally kill your half of that tree. Jus sayin.
Grins

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
There are several sumac trees growing just on the other side of the fence between me and our neighbours. They are only about 4" at the base now, but these things grow fast around here, and spread. I always heard an old wives tale about driving a copper nail in a tree to kill it, but I doubt that works. I know if I cut the bark all around it would do it, but that's obvious. Any ideas for a discreet death?

Call the city. Since you clearly live in one and don't get out much.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
All the BS on this thread yet you can't spell F A G, G O O K, or make fun of rick for being lazy.

Have at er with all the illegal schit tho.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by k20350

I don't give 2 $hits its not your tree or your land. Your probably the same guy that would post on here like a maniac if your neighbor killed your tree and how u got the law involved and the lawsuit your bringing against him. If you don't like the neighbors move. Living where u do isn't a prison sentence u can leave any time you want. Maybe go talk to the guy like a f'ing man and say hey I'd like those trees to not grow to full size next to the fence. If he tells you to F off then I guess your gonna have some new trees to look at.

Do you happen to live next door to Wayne Shaw and have some several or more Sumac trees, per chance ?

Asking for a friend.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by 6mm250
....or you could take a paper sack full of schit and put it on their doorstep , set fire to it , then ring their doorbell , run like hell.

Mike

I did that once

they never answered the door, thought the door frame was gonna catch on fire. So I ran back over and used his water hose to put it out.

What a mess

Ashes, partially cooked dog shît. I’m sure the confusion read like a Far Side comic when they finally seen the remnants of the failed assault.

TFF!!

Yeah, it would have been even funnier if he would have gotten done watering down the fire and then put the hose through the mail slot into the house?

Seems I remember that happening to a house once that contained folks some other folks didn't like. Big frogs and stuff went through that slot a few times too, I heard.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Swifty, you could legally kill your half of that tree. Jus sayin.
Grins

Actually that varies from state to state. But this general rule of thumb is what Nebraska goes by.

A property owner has the right to trim branches and roots that encroach onto her property from a tree belonging to a neighbor, but must exercise caution when trimming a tree or its roots. The following general rules apply to trimming a tree:

The tree can only be trimmed to the property line.
There is no right to trespass onto a neighbor’s property to trim a tree unless the limbs threaten to cause immediate and irreparable harm.
The tree cannot be cut down or otherwise destroyed to eliminate the problem. It can only be trimmed back.
The expense of the trimming is borne by the party doing the trimming

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone
There are several sumac trees growing just on the other side of the fence between me and our neighbours. They are only about 4" at the base now, but these things grow fast around here, and spread. I always heard an old wives tale about driving a copper nail in a tree to kill it, but I doubt that works. I know if I cut the bark all around it would do it, but that's obvious. Any ideas for a discreet death?

Call the city. Since you clearly live in one and don't get out much.

That's a possible solution if it's a code violation. But as someone here posted already, the Authorities may not GAS or have the financial resources to deal with it either.

I'm thinking it might be best to talk to said neighbor and be prepared for an answer similar to "I like my trees", as it seems the neighbor lets his fencelines go wild.

Some folks like manicured grounds..................others not so much.

Geno

In it is contentment

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, iiiiiiiiii wouldn't do that. smile

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn

good mornin' Lynn,

How many pages are you guessing?

Geno

Good morning Geno,

I am thinking 33 pages as things stand right now, but if the libations start to flow it could go 45.

Quite truthfully, I would respect a neighbour who came and talked to me about the problem, and I would be more than willing to work with him as he showed me he gave a damn about doing it right. I have a big problem with gutless humans, male or females. don't matter which.

Three categories of friends I don't own, and family I don't keep around, gutless, useless, and stupid. Makes life just a little less annoying.

Personally if someone killed anything on my land/property, life would get interesting for them.

I hope you have a good day, and that life might just bless you with something extra special today smile

Lynn

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

No........no grownups here.

How about slashing his tires? That might send the right message. laugh

KEY THAT MF'ers TRUCK!!

That'll teach him to not have a GD tree on his property!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Geno

I had to go clear to the Texas Hill Country in the fall to find any, grows like a weed back east. Sumac berries alone dye a not-very-colorfast golden brown.

Be warned though, mix it with the copper II sulfate solution and it dyes everything right now, permanently. Wear kitchen gloves.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

No........no grownups here.

How about slashing his tires? That might send the right message. laugh

KEY THAT MF'ers TRUCK!!

That'll teach him to not have a GD tree on his property!

laugh laugh

Lynn

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 53 invisible), 2,988 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.