Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
For some reason I'm imagining at least 50% of the members on 24hr being like ole man clemons.

laugh laugh laugh

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Respect the property line.

I'm sure you feel the same about your property.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My first choice would be to talk to the owner about it. Maybe bring a 6-pack or a batch of cookies along.

If your neighbor is not amenable to conversation, you have learned several ways to get the deed done.

If you don't want to trespass, wait until they start sprouting on your side of the fence and then follow the kill method for hat happenstance.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
To the OP: grow a set and go talk to the neighbor. That failing get some exercise, FFS.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Property line disputes can get really nasty, often times ending in killings.

Just don't do it.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Property line disputes can get really nasty, often times ending in killings.

Just don't do it.

No kidding. I can think of two that ended that way in eastern Oregon.
If I had a neighbor that was fuggin around in my yard at night pouring poison, etc and my dogs got into it?.. I would make that person miserable for life.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Until yours encroaches on mine which doesn’t sound like what’s described here.

Yes sir, I had that 4 years ago, tree branch about 4” diameter extending 25 ft across my drive in front of the garage. Tree sits on both sides of the property line. Neighbor wasn’t happy when I had that branch cut back to the tree but legally I could. I couldn’t legally kill the tree but could trim what was on my property.

Swifty, you could legally kill your half of that tree. Jus sayin.
Grins

Actually that varies from state to state. But this general rule of thumb is what Nebraska goes by.

A property owner has the right to trim branches and roots that encroach onto her property from a tree belonging to a neighbor, but must exercise caution when trimming a tree or its roots. The following general rules apply to trimming a tree:

The tree can only be trimmed to the property line.
There is no right to trespass onto a neighbor’s property to trim a tree unless the limbs threaten to cause immediate and irreparable harm.
The tree cannot be cut down or otherwise destroyed to eliminate the problem. It can only be trimmed back.
The expense of the trimming is borne by the party doing the trimming

You left out the part : If your actions (trimming or chemical application on your property) cause the tree to die, you are liable for the value of the tree.

Pesticide applicators get into this issue frequently. A ground sterilant is applied on one property, but a tree some 100 feet or more away on another property dies, because the root system crossed the property line. The applicator and property owner are liable for damage to the tree. Just hope it was not something 100 feet tall that took 100 years to grow.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
Since some are slamming me for killing someone else's trees, the owner does nothing along this fence line or his other fences. Everything grows wild and is never touched. They are completely bare right now, and if they just never grew leaves, oh well.

That really has nothing to do with your willingness to trespass and destroy private property that does not belong to you. That is the long and short of it. You are conspiring to a criminal act.

STFU

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Blow up their mailbox in the wee hours of the morning with a M80

Mike

Originally Posted by 6mm250
Blow up their mailbox in the wee hours of the morning with a M80

Mike

Are we related?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When it gets warm plant some pot plants on his property. If he's as tuned out as you seem to think he is, he'll never notice them. Once they are mature, tell the cops you see people coming and going all hours of the day and night and that you see some suspicious looking plants in his yard. While he is away you will be able to do what you want to with his trees.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Clarkm
In old England the Oak on your property belonged to the king. But if it fell over, you could have it. That is where the term "windfall" came from.
In old England the deer on your property belonged to the king. If you killed it, you were a poacher.

In the young America, the trees and deer on your property were yours.

Now the game department owns the deer on my property and the city requires a permit for me to trim or cut a tree. I have to submit a geological survey among other things.
Tyranny is back.

No, the game department does not own your deer. The people of your state "own" your deer. It is part of the public trust. It's been that way for pretty much the entire history of the United States, so get over it and over yourself. You are full of shhhitt.

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I like the bag of salt left out on your side of the fence.
In fact I think I'll try that with a tree of paradise that's in the middle of the property line, unless someone knows how to kill just half of a tree.
Those phuggin things spread worse than sumac.

Last edited by WTF; 02/18/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dose the area around the trees with colbalt 60.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

You left out the part : If your actions (trimming or chemical application on your property) cause the tree to die, you are liable for the value of the tree.

Pesticide applicators get into this issue frequently. A ground sterilant is applied on one property, but a tree some 100 feet or more away on another property dies, because the root system crossed the property line. The applicator and property owner are liable for damage to the tree. Just hope it was not something 100 feet tall that took 100 years to grow.

Killing the roots or the tree wasn’t part of the equation but I get your point. All I wanted was to get a half dead branch off of my property so I could park my vehicles without having said branch break and drop 20 feet onto them. I had a licensed arborist/ trimmer come do the work. Sad part is the entire Elm tree is not in good shape and will probably have to come down in the next few years, good part is only part of the trunk is on my side now and all the big limbs/branches are over the neighbors house.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Dose the area around the trees with colbalt 60.

There's the ticket!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A gopher got in the winter after I planted an expensive, cherry tree and killed it . Not a bare root, but a good 6' tree in a big pot, already going good. I guess there weren't much to eat that winter except cherry tree roots, got down to -25 F or so and the ground was frozen pretty deep.

Guess a fella could introduce some gophers and hope they at the sumac roots?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Just go talk to him. He probably doesn't even realize they bother you and he's probably too lazy to cut them until they pose a problem for him. Most people when they find out their trees are posing a problem for their neighbors will let you cut them or they'll cut them. If he doesn't cooperate or do something to help, anything hanging over my side of the fence is fair game. If he doesn't want to look at your property, the correct remedy is a privacy fence, not a bunch of trees hanging over in your yard.

Last edited by Filaman; 02/18/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Du Pont Velpar comes as a water soluble powder. Sprinkle liberally out to the tree drip-line. It is absorbed through the roots. After the trees die nothing much will grow there for a while.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Why don't you go buy the property from him, and then you can do whatever the hell you want with the trees.....................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
f-ck just go talk to him like a man, its pretty fu-cking simple.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 73 invisible), 3,033 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,336
Posts18,468,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.