Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
T_O_M Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've been watching the coronavirus page John Hopkins university maintains.

A couple days ago it showed 15 people in the US confirmed. Yesterday that was 29. There was a story about 14 people from the Diamond Princess cruise ship who had initially been symptom-free being flown to the US mainland to complete their quarantine time. According to the story, they were transferred to a facility near Kansas City, MO.

Today the John Hopkins page shows 15 in the US and I can find no reference to those other 14 transferred to KC in the news articles. Some mention of part of them being sent to Travis AFB but that was not their final stop as of yesterday. For some reason, the story seems to have been squashed.

Something smells wrong. For the first time, I'm actually a bit concerned because it looks like our government is covering up parts of the story.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Here's an article about one of them. He lives in a town 12 miles from me. He's at Travis. I don't know him personally but I recognize him from his place of work where we shop regularly.

FAIRFIELD, Calif. — A Buhl man has swapped his quarantined room on a Princess Cruise ship for a quarantined room at the Travis Air Force Base Inn.

Tim Pond, who left in January for a two-week cruise to Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Vietnam, has spent the past two weeks under quarantine in Tokyo Bay with 4,000 others on the Diamond Princess.

On Sunday, U.S. authorities evacuated 300 Americans from the cruise ship and sent them to the California airbase. The travelers will be quarantined for another two weeks, Pond said.

After the 9½-hour flight, passengers were assigned rooms at the airbase hotel. Pond’s room has a balcony where he can walk 20 steps in one direction, he said.

He joked with others Monday on Facebook about the possibility of him getting lost in his new hotel room compared with his tiny cabin on the cruise ship.

After several days, those quarantined might be allowed outside.

“The first 2 days we’re confined to quarters,” Pond said. “I think after that we’ll be allowed limited walks outdoors but it will still be 6 feet away from anyone else to avoid close contact.”

At least 355 passengers on the Diamond Princess have contracted the coronavirus and 14 of the evacuees airlifted to the U.S. have tested positive for the disease, according to reports.

Now that he is back in the U.S., Pond says he is getting more anxious about returning home. His parents are taking care of his dog, Skye, and his job at WinCo Foods is waiting for him.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What about the bitches that lied so they could fly, and tested positive, y’all see that story?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
What about the bitches that lied so they could fly, and tested positive, y’all see that story?
If anyone gets sick because of them, they should be charged with assault, then murder if the person dies. Of course proving anything could be a trick.

― George Orwell

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Theres thousands quarantined in the usa. THOUSANDS

You can lead a horse...
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by T_O_M
I've been watching the coronavirus page John Hopkins university maintains.

A couple days ago it showed 15 people in the US confirmed. Yesterday that was 29. There was a story about 14 people from the Diamond Princess cruise ship who had initially been symptom-free being flown to the US mainland to complete their quarantine time. According to the story, they were transferred to a facility near Kansas City, MO.

Today the John Hopkins page shows 15 in the US and I can find no reference to those other 14 transferred to KC in the news articles. Some mention of part of them being sent to Travis AFB but that was not their final stop as of yesterday. For some reason, the story seems to have been squashed.

Something smells wrong. For the first time, I'm actually a bit concerned because it looks like our government is covering up parts of the story.

The count is based upon where they were at the time of diagnosis. The 14 you are asking about are counted int he Japanese total because that's there the DP was at the time of diagnosis.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Musicianized

Really?

Do you have a source for this?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Musicianized

Really?

Do you have a source for this?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/corona...r-self-quarantined-americans-11582108203

There is almost a media blackout about it.

You can lead a horse...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/02...getting-care-in-nebraska-not-california/

The American passengers diagnosed with coronavirus infection who were evacuated from a Japanese-based cruise ship are getting specialized care at a Nebraska hospital and are not part of the large quarantine at Fairfield’s Travis Air Force Base, military officials said Monday.

Those 13 individuals — among the 328 U.S. passengers of the Diamond Princess cruise ship, docked in Yokohama, Japan – were flown to the 20-bed National Quarantine Unit at the University of Nebraska Medical Center Medicine. So far, they are showing only mild symptoms of the disease. One sicker person is getting a higher level of care at the hospital’s Biocontainment Unit, which cared for Ebola patients in 2014.

Should these people count as being infected in Japan? or the US?

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not subscribed to the WSJ..... does the article talk about "fast tracking" a new type of vaccine?

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Squidge

The American passengers diagnosed with coronavirus infection who were evacuated from a Japanese-based cruise ship are getting specialized care at a Nebraska hospital and are not part of the large quarantine at Fairfield’s Travis Air Force Base, military officials said Monday.

Those 13 individuals — among the 328 U.S. passengers of the Diamond Princess cruise ship, docked in Yokohama, Japan – were flown to the 20-bed National Quarantine Unit at the University of Nebraska Medical Center Medicine. So far, they are showing only mild symptoms of the disease. One sicker person is getting a higher level of care at the hospital’s Biocontainment Unit, which cared for Ebola patients in 2014.

They shouldn't be counted twice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Squidge

They shouldn't be counted twice.

Agreed. They were on the US map last night but no longer show up in Nebraska.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I'm not subscribed to the WSJ..... does the article talk about "fast tracking" a new type of vaccine?

I dunno Im not subscribed either lol.

You can lead a horse...
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My son is a nurse in Seattle. He's wondering why everyone's so afraid of corona but totally nonchalant about the flu that kills 20k every year in the US alone. People don't get vaccinated and don't seem to worry about that. This is no more contagious and so far no more deadly than the flu.

― George Orwell

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Exactly!

Every year there's another virus originating somewhere in Asia that brings us another flu season.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My son is a nurse in Seattle. He's wondering why everyone's so afraid of corona but totally nonchalant about the flu that kills 20k every year in the US alone. People don't get vaccinated and don't seem to worry about that. This is no more contagious and so far no more deadly than the flu.

Numbers so far state it’s about two orders of magnitude more deadly than the flu. And I got the shot, even though it’s pretty much a dud this year.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a lot more deadly. The percentage of people who die from the flu is way lower than the Coronavirus. Thus far, the flu is far more prevalent in the US and there are more deaths, but what people are scared of is the Coronavirus getting a good foothold here. There is an argument to be made that many of the deaths in China and elsewhere are due to much poorer healthcare, but the facts are the Coronavirus is much more deadly.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

"The virus is proving to be far more contagious than the flu, having spread from 300 people in mid-January to more than 75,700 as of Thursday morning."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/19/hos...-outbreak-to-become-global-pandemic.html

Again..

Flu mortality rate .01%

Coronavirus mortality rate 2.3%

More contagious than the flu and 230 times more deadly.

You can lead a horse...
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Mortality rates are said to be highest among asians.

Last edited by websterparish47; 02/20/20.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Mortality rates are said to be highest amoung asians.

Thats really odd considering that it's spreading in ASIA!

You can lead a horse...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 36 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,851
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.