Page 15 of 67 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 66 67
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mtwarden
Originally Posted by smokepole

Dude, you're making my knees hurt, please stop.....

just trying to catch up to you guys!

Right, what'd you do, lap us?

Hit the gym this evening, lower body workout.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Elliptical warmup 16 mins total alternating 1 min forward/1 min backward.

Muy Thai bagwork, 3 min rounds/1 min on elliptical between rounds:
2 rounds light warmup
10 rounds work

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Will wonders never cease.... just got word Cyn won us an actual full JMT permit! It's a rolling lottery, resets every day for 21 days after the day you first apply. Only downside is it has us starting a week later than her "hacked" permit, and we have a date later in the month we HAVE to be home for, so there's a bit of a risk of a death march now or at least needing to power through big miles even if hurting or something.... but... woot! Upside is not having to ghetto those first 35 miles, plus (and this could be huge) way less chance it'll be really buggy. There's potentially a huge difference between late July and early August in that regard.

Doing the quick math.... 214 mile hike (!) and we have 19 days max to do it equals 11.3 miles a day average for 19 days.... doable, but not a ton of room for error there.

I best get walking. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Here is a 4600mile hike and you don't need a permit....

https://northcountrytrail.org/trail/hike-planning/

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yikes. I think Cyn is actually plotting a section of that- the part near the Great Lakes, unless that's a different trail. We have a place on Lake Michigan (via her family) and it's a pretty cool region for sure. What I don't get about the NCT is that it goes through some legendarily buggy areas and at 8 months long (!) clearly you just power through that?! No thanks.

The only thru-hike of magnitude I'd have any interest in at all is the CDT. And that's only because I'm so intimate with whole parts of it having grown up hiking/backpacking New Mexico and southern CO. I actually backpacked several pieces of what is now the CDT, way back in the day..... But I don't have the thru-hike bug; Cyn does. Her hike of the entire Oregon PCT last year was, to me, pretty a impressive feat for a mid-50's woman solo and I give her props. But it's not my thing.

However the JMT is legendary so I'll make the exception. smile

No, I have the ocean fishing bug. On that note---- she's finally laying down enough to let sport boats out, and I'm going tomorrow! I have not had my boat in the ocean since late October 2019, and I've been on a hair trigger waiting for conditions, but it's been one stormy-ass mofo of a winter out there on the big pond. But as a refresher this is what happened in late October. I'm PUMPED. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
214 in 19 days; yeah you got that easy smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think so too, Mike. My only concern is I've had these usage issues the last few years... IT band, which now I know how to deal with, that thing behind my knee that hurt like [bleep] when we did two 11-mile days around Waldo last summer, which I DON'T know what to do about and seems to kick in around 9-10 miles, the PF, which is now generally manageable I *think* but is cause for concern with 19 straight 11-milers.... the Achilles..... jeez, walking wounded here, grin... it's the "straight" part. No room for a rest day (without kicking the remaining daily average way up).

At my advanced age <g> what I worry about is pushing through an issue and causing permanent harm. Cyn kind of did that last year on the PCT. She was so obsessed with finishing, she started doing 20-mile days. Her feet paid the price. They still aren't right.

But, yeah. Got done with our 7-miler yesterday and I could've started at the beginning and done it again no problem. Should be fine. Should be.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 02/18/20.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Weights: Legs

Treadmill Intervals:
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Assault runner:

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 miles this evening w/ Tiny E- had an interesting graupel squall hit us, fast & hard smile

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Rushed again this morning so another condensed WO.

Circuit - no rest between exercises, 1 min rest between rounds - several warm up rounds then 3 working rounds with real weight:

Hang Snatches - 5x
Front Squats - 10x
DB Incline - 10x
Lat Pulldown - 10x
Rev Hypers - 12x

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 brisk miles on the trails w/ Tiny E this evening

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Rower: 30minutes

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Today is the same as Tuesday morning except working different combo's....

Elliptical warmup 16 mins total alternating 1 min forward/1 min backward.

Muy Thai bagwork, 3 min rounds/1 min on elliptical between rounds:
2 rounds light warmup
10 rounds work

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
strength train this morning; end of a cycle- next week squats & deadlifts get bumped 10 lbs, bench & overhead press 5 lbs and start all over again smile

deadlifts 5/5/5 @ 75% of 1RM
overhead press 5/5/5 @ 75% of 1RM
lunges 3x30 yds
chinups 3x13

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

You’re my hero overcoming such adversity rolling thunder

First the horrible step ladder incident then the tragic Achilles injury.

Would you speak at my local wounded vets group? These soldiers could use inspiration from a brave soul like you lol

Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Yikes. I think Cyn is actually plotting a section of that- the part near the Great Lakes, unless that's a different trail. We have a place on Lake Michigan (via her family) and it's a pretty cool region for sure. What I don't get about the NCT is that it goes through some legendarily buggy areas and at 8 months long (!) clearly you just power through that?! No thanks.

The only thru-hike of magnitude I'd have any interest in at all is the CDT. And that's only because I'm so intimate with whole parts of it having grown up hiking/backpacking New Mexico and southern CO. I actually backpacked several pieces of what is now the CDT, way back in the day..... But I don't have the thru-hike bug; Cyn does. Her hike of the entire Oregon PCT last year was, to me, pretty a impressive feat for a mid-50's woman solo and I give her props. But it's not my thing.

However the JMT is legendary so I'll make the exception. smile

No, I have the ocean fishing bug. On that note---- she's finally laying down enough to let sport boats out, and I'm going tomorrow! I have not had my boat in the ocean since late October 2019, and I've been on a hair trigger waiting for conditions, but it's been one stormy-ass mofo of a winter out there on the big pond. But as a refresher this is what happened in late October. I'm PUMPED. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Did cardio at the gym today, 30 minutes of intervals on the stair machine, then 30 at a steady pace on the bike. 700 calories according to the machines, and I'm in good shape for PBF, according to the other machine.

Been hitting the gym, but not posting much. I'm tired of being lapped by the guy from MT with the little doggie.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As usual I'm pretty whipped post-ocean. As pertains to workout, feeling it in my glutes, hips, abs.... wish I was out there again today. smile The new boat is much more stable in the sense that she doesn't roll side/side in the swells as much as my 16'er. Still a dang physical day out there when said and done.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ribka

You’re my hero overcoming such adversity rolling thunder

First the horrible step ladder incident then the tragic Achilles injury.

Would you speak at my local wounded vets group? These soldiers could use inspiration from a brave soul like you lol

LMFAO smile smile smile smile

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
At age 70 MWF in the gym mostly cable machines,recumbent bike 5mi., Bosu ball for balance/equilibrium. 1mi. walk every day, try to work in a 2-3 mi. walk a couple of days a week. Lost 60# with this routine, 7# so far this year within 10# of my goal weight.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Weights: 1 hour-chest and arms

Treadmill: 30minute hill climb.

Page 15 of 67 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

636 members (1eyedmule, 160user, 1badf350, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,317
Posts18,449,266
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.