Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
I have spent 63 years of my life surrounded by deeply religious people of the Christian Faith. I attended Sabbath School until I was 25 years old. I have taken Bible Studies from a couple of denominations, and taken History of the Old Testament class in College. But I have never heard a person use this "Born Again" term until I listened to TV evangelists. I have never heard it from my family, or from my Morman friends, or Lutheran friends, or from members of "The Brethren".

So what is the deal? Was the term recently invented just for TV Evangelism?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
BP-B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
been around since at least the 70s'. its a way to show how super religious you are. i think you get an ez pass into heaven or something with it.

My diploma is a DD214
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
It depends on the person, most will say they are born again when they accept Christ, christianity, be baptized... catch phrase for starting new.

Christ meant it spiritually, so I take it literally for when our physical life ends and our spiritual life begins.

Kent

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
John 3:3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Die to self, circumcision of the heart

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John 3:1-24 is a conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus (includes John3:16.) Jesus came up with the phrase, not the American 70's!

- - Steve
Rainshadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
www.rain-shadow.com

Mountain Lion Calling products, instruction, & stories!

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
John 3:3
"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.” - Jesus

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Old as Jesus, when you follow Christ, the old life is gone, you are born again into a New Life.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Born from above.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Charles W Naylor, 1907- hymn: Ye Must Be Born Again

Gets a lot of play at our Baptist church

We also believe in the ministry and travels of Paul the Apostle too

Just sayin

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Born originally of the womb
Born AGAIN of the Spirit.........without which you cannot see the kingdom of God

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Meanings?

It might help to understand the commandment of Jesus to be baptized and show and make a public profession of faith

"We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life." ( Romans 6:4)

Water baptism is a way to visually preach the gospel. Standing in the water symbolizes a Jesus dying on the cross, immersing in the water symbolizes Jesus being buried in the tomb and being raised from the water symbolizes Jesus rising from the dead. We bury the ‘old life,’ and we rise to walk in a ‘new life’.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It sure helps to open the book

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Meanings?

It might help to understand the commandment of Jesus to be baptized and show and make a public profession of faith

"We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life." ( Romans 6:4)

Water baptism is a way to visually preach the gospel. Standing in the water symbolizes a Jesus dying on the cross, immersing in the water symbolizes Jesus being buried in the tomb and being raised from the water symbolizes Jesus rising from the dead. We bury the ‘old life,’ and we rise to walk in a ‘new life’.

Great summery!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
It sure helps to open the Bible

Fixed it.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When one is saved, he/she has been' born again', [spiritually renewed], and is now [technically]
a child of God by right of new birth.

its a long way to go..but nothing beats full-immersion in the Jordan!

But be ***warned*** that raw sewerage gets pumped into the Jordan,
so you may get more than you bargained for.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Idaho Shooter: I am not up on the definitions of many current religious terms used by various entities/factions but I take no offense or great curiosity when I see or hear the term "BORN AGAIN" being used.
I have been seeing of late (last 2 years) a bumper sticker that reads "BORN OK THE FIRST TIME"!
I "heard" that this is a refutation of Christianity and the owners of those bumper stickers are atheist's.
I would never display a bumper sticker that is solely intended to offend a lot of my neighbors.
But its a new world we live in I guess?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Starman
When one is saved, he/she has been' born again', [spiritually renewed], and is now [technically]
a child of God by right of new birth.

its a long way to go..but nothing beats full-immersion in the Jordan!

But be ***warned*** that raw sewerage gets pumped into the Jordan,
so may get more than you bargained for.

From the bridge in the background, you oughta see the big monster catfish that are lazing along the far bank. Maybe they are sturgeon, I don't know, but they looked about 3 foot long.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Born again was a trip for me when the Southern Baptist preacher tried to drown me at age 12. The experience, coupled with being brought up with a true Christian mother handed me some morels & made me a thinker on the subject & an observer of folks that claimed to be Christians.

Truly born again was when I got divorced from a schizophrenic bitch that was making me a way worse person than I really was.

Case closed.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I have spent 63 years of my life surrounded by deeply religious people of the Christian Faith. I attended Sabbath School until I was 25 years old. I have taken Bible Studies from a couple of denominations, and taken History of the Old Testament class in College. But I have never heard a person use this "Born Again" term until I listened to TV evangelists. I have never heard it from my family, or from my Morman friends, or Lutheran friends, or from members of "The Brethren".

So what is the deal? Was the term recently invented just for TV Evangelism?

I find that hard to believe. Maybe you just weren’t listening. Maybe you thought you had more important things on your mind.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
596 members (007FJ, 160user, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.