Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Tyrone
When Jesus said "it is finished", He meant just that. The Old Covenant was no more. It was over and done with. Jesus came to establish something brand new with the New Covenant...an agreement between God and all of the people in all of the world.
To follow a new, more difficult moral law...
Idk if it’s more difficult...but it’s WAY better. It’s a WAY better way of relating to God and serving Him...and it’s a WAY better way of relating to others and serving others.

Why do you believe it to be a "more difficult moral law", Tyrone?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Please fill me in. Why the lack of respect for the Work of Paul?

Are we throwing the believers in the lion den yet?

LOL
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Apostle Paul, in Romans 1, describes the left in America today.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The Christian church should really be called the Paulian church, the christian religion structure is based off of Paul. If you believe Paul's words are Christ's literal word then you should also believe Joseph Smith's book of Mormon and church is also Christ's literal word. Both fell down, saw the light and Christ talked to them.

Now of course Christ could have just said these words when he was here or instead of not writing a bible he could have written an infinity amount of words himself, but he didn't and that's a lesson there. I don't believe Christ forgot to tell us what he wanted us to know so decided to tell Paul to write it all down. Christ left everything we needed to know behind when he said... it is finished.

Christ through his own words and life example is inclusionary, The church based off of Paul's written words is exclusionary, I find contradictions between Christ and Paul and I'm not going to believe Paul over Christ.

My wife at 4yo was in a coma for weeks, she started to move out of her body and a beautiful white light came and held her in, she woke up soon after. She doesn't claim to speak for Christ but knows something most of us don't.

I'm sure Paul was genuine in his belief, Billy Graham was, Joseph Smith was, many others, I include myself. I doubt Paul had any idea his words 300 years later would be considered Christ's literal word. He was moved by the Holy Spirit, many of us are, he had insights, we do also if we submit to the HS, he was a man and got things wrong, as we all do. His words are not scripture, that's the bottom line.

Kent

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by krp
If you believe Paul's words are Christ's literal word then you should also believe Joseph Smith's book of Mormon

Paul's gospel wasn't dictated to him by a rock in a hat.

https://www.deseret.com/2015/3/27/2...-indicator-that-he-was-telling-the-truth

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
The Christian church should really be called the Paulian church, the christian religion structure is based off of Paul. If you believe Paul's words are Christ's literal word then you should also believe Joseph Smith's book of Mormon and church is also Christ's literal word. Both fell down, saw the light and Christ talked to them.

Now of course Christ could have just said these words when he was here or instead of not writing a bible he could have written an infinity amount of words himself, but he didn't and that's a lesson there. I don't believe Christ forgot to tell us what he wanted us to know so decided to tell Paul to write it all down. Christ left everything we needed to know behind when he said... it is finished.

Christ through his own words and life example is inclusionary, The church based off of Paul's written words is exclusionary, I find contradictions between Christ and Paul and I'm not going to believe Paul over Christ.

My wife at 4yo was in a coma for weeks, she started to move out of her body and a beautiful white light came and held her in, she woke up soon after. She doesn't claim to speak for Christ but knows something most of us don't.

I'm sure Paul was genuine in his belief, Billy Graham was, Joseph Smith was, many others, I include myself. I doubt Paul had any idea his words 300 years later would be considered Christ's literal word. He was moved by the Holy Spirit, many of us are, he had insights, we do also if we submit to the HS, he was a man and got things wrong, as we all do. His words are not scripture, that's the bottom line.

Kent

Since you're throwing out the book of Acts as lies, you need to throw out Luke, too, It was investigated and written by the same man. `

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Since you're throwing out the book of Acts as lies, you need to throw out Luke, too, It was investigated and written by the same man. `

Why is it when someone wants to attack another scripturally they use Paul's words?

Kent

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The tell all for me was when Paul said, show me your works and I'll show you my faith and my faith will win every time.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Here is a question for the scholars of Paul. Following the Saviors appearance to Paul, Paul went east for three years. Where exactly did he go? Whom did he see? And when he returned, he had a full knowledge of the gospel, who taught him?

Galatians 1:16-18

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the a heathen; immediately I conferred not with b flesh and blood: 17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. 18 Then after three years I went up to a Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
When Jesus said "it is finished", He meant just that. The Old Covenant was no more. It was over and done with. Jesus came to establish something brand new with the New Covenant...an agreement between God and all of the people in all of the world.
To follow a new, more difficult moral law...
Idk if it’s more difficult...but it’s WAY better. It’s a WAY better way of relating to God and serving Him...and it’s a WAY better way of relating to others and serving others.
Why do you believe it to be a "more difficult moral law", Tyrone?
The old law was "Thou shalt not murder". The new law is "anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment." The old law was to write a bill of divorce and send the (now ex) wife away. The new law is "whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery". The old law was to offer burnt sacrifices and blood offerings. The new law is to take and eat His flesh and drink His blood. I admit that last one may not be physically harder, but it was a huge stumbling block for many. The old law required performance of rituals because they were the law. The new law requires performance of rituals and sacraments because that is how one grows in friendship with the Lord and is granted grace as a result. These are just a few examples, but very representative of the overall principles.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
In my lifetime, Billy Graham was as perfect a christian I could see. I attended his revivals as a young man, what he said and wrote resonated with me, I believe he was lead by the Holy Spirit. But his words aren't scripture.

Kent

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by powdr
The tell all for me was when Paul said, show me your works and I'll show you my faith and my faith will win every time.

And the Apostle James taught "that faith without works is dead". Paul's best sermon on faith is found in Hebrews 11.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lennie
And the Apostle James taught "that faith without works is dead".
Does anybody know WHY that is?

Because love is what you DO, not what you THINK. If you are not doing anything, you are NOT loving.

Last edited by Tyrone; 02/20/20.

Politics is War by Other Means
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by krp
In my lifetime, Billy Graham was as perfect a christian I could see. I attended his revivals as a young man, what he said and wrote resonated with me, I believe he was lead by the Holy Spirit. But his words aren't scripture.

Kent

Dr. D. James Kennedy.

His sermons have shown themselves to be prophetic as it now relates to the present situation in the USA . His ministry has been labeled as a hate group by the aclu because of its stand on traditional marriage. Kennedy Ministries has filed a landmark lawsuit against the aclu.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Lennie
And the Apostle James taught "that faith without works is dead".
Does anybody know WHY that is?

Because love is what you DO, not what you THINK. If you are not doing anything, you are NOT loving.

You're talking 2 different things. Paul is talking about faith vs works for salvation. He's saying that only faith can save you. James is talking about what real faith is. He's writing to Christians, those who already have the saving faith. He's telling them how to use that faith to do God's work.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have learned a lot from this, thank you all.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Tom264
Why the incessant need to start religious threads?
You know how they are going to end.

These guys push an agenda worse than the lgbtq's, they're turning folks AWAY from Christ, me being one, getting shlt rammed down your throat daily, will cause one to turn 180 degrees away from it!

Many are called, few are chosen. No one is forcing you to do anything, to listen or believe. You sound like you have some knowledge of scripture and have rejected it. If that is accurate, there is nothing that anyone can say that is more powerful or as convincing. Maybe you are not among the chosen.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

You're talking 2 different things. Paul is talking about faith vs works for salvation. He's saying that only faith can save you. James is talking about what real faith is. He's writing to Christians, those who already have the saving faith. He's telling them how to use that faith to do God's work. [/quote]

There are really good answer here. Thanks.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RickyD
The New Covenant is fully based on Grace. God's Grace, which is without end and free for the asking.

People often don't understand that many things Jesus spoke of during His 3 years of ministry, were of the Old Covenant and very little of the New Covenant which He had to shed His Blood and die on the cross to usher in.

Also very important is that when the veil in the temple was torn in half upon His death, it meant that everyone could now go boldly before the Throne of God. No longer were priests necessary as an intermediary.

The time span of the four Gospels was technically still under the Old Covenant, although in the New Testament. That's why Jesus told those healed, go show yourself to the priest.

Only after the Holy Spirit descended did the Church Age begin.

During the Lord's time here on the Earth, it says they knew him after the flesh. After they were endowed with the Holy Sprit, they had Spiritual discernment, understood what they had experienced and were subsequently empowered to write the Gospels.

DF

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by doubletap
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Tom264
Why the incessant need to start religious threads?
You know how they are going to end.

These guys push an agenda worse than the lgbtq's, they're turning folks AWAY from Christ, me being one, getting shlt rammed down your throat daily, will cause one to turn 180 degrees away from it!

Many are called, few are chosen. No one is forcing you to do anything, to listen or believe. You sound like you have some knowledge of scripture and have rejected it. If that is accurate, there is nothing that anyone can say that is more powerful or as convincing. Maybe you are not among the chosen.

Christ said do not judge, he had a reason for saying this, he wasn't talking about if someone stole something or murdered or adultered... worldly things... he was talking about another's salvation, that is God's prerogative for each individual.

I don't get how 'christians' can't see how disgusting it is, how derisive and unappealing, claiming the right of God's judgement.

I may call someone every name in the book but will never assume to speak of their salvation.

The reason I even started posting and not lurking on this site was because Blaine in a fit of anger said steelhead's murdered sister was in hell... it honestly is a terrible representation of Christ.

I am a true believer of Christ and the Holy Spirit and wish to be an alternate voice for Christ outside of the bigotry and spitefulness of religion to those who are appalled at some of the followers.

Kent

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,828
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.